Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 52857 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:54:40 »

Dongs have won 1-0.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:56:28 »

FT 3-1

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:56:40 »

Game over a win is a win, well done Town!

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:57:28 »

Dongs are the ones who could still catch up at the moment. Poor from Sheff U.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:59:27 »

It's 9th August 2014. We're just about to start the season with Nathan Thompson at CB, some other guy on loan from Derby alongside him at the back, and Ben Gladwin in midfield. You tell me that come January we'll be breaking even, top of the league, and 5 points clear of 3rd place.

I laugh in your face.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:04:07 »

Moved a few seats along from my normal area and as a result I am indebted to the startlingly entertaining analysis of the family in row X around 168ish.

The father, who has a mild Scottish accent, appears to have formed a one man Nathan Byrne hate club. Literally every touch he's made including the strong attacking runs have led to criticism of him being a one footed wimp who shies away from contact.

The matriarch has a more varied set of targets from any pass back to the keeper to failing to get the bll forward fast enough. Neither has said anything positive, even about the two goals.

There is hope in the next generation though, one of their kids replied to their mum's moan of 'why not pass it to Swift!' with the unarguable 'because there was a player in the way mummy'.

The bloke continued in the same vein in the sexism half (although the accent was actually Geordie) which led to two beautiful moments near the end- Byrne running the ball though three men straight after a 'watch this idiot lose it' and then of the match award which had him choking on rage- I couldnt resist giving him a little bit of sit down shut up after that.

Good win, performing so much better without the Asia Cup stars than I could have hoped
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:05:22 »

2-0 today. Stephens and Swift.
Cool

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #157 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:06:30 »

It's 9th August 2014. We're just about to start the season with Nathan Thompson at CB, some other guy on loan from Derby alongside him at the back, and Ben Gladwin in midfield. You tell me that come January we'll be breaking even, top of the league, and 5 points clear of 3rd place.

I laugh in your face.
Yeah it has been a little unexpected for most Town fans so far, long may it continue!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:07:31 »

Courtesy of Tans...

Tans retweeted
 Oxford Mail ‏@TheOxfordMail  7m7 minutes ago
FT: #oufc 2 #southendutd 3 Utd players sink to the floor. They cannot believe they’ve lost to Southend’s ten men.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:11:26 »

Courtesy of Tans...

....and Barry Corr gets the winner

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:15:20 »

Pretty pathetic for top of the table. What do people want?

Payday to arrive in a lot of cases. I would imagine like me everyone got paid early, and then blew it all by xmas.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:22:37 »

Oh and the ref was laughable. Horrific challenge from behind on Thompson, no foul given, last man brings down Obika and gets a yellow.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:26:44 »

A very pleasant game, Chesterfield came to play and our normal effective midfield did not function so well and for long periods in the second half we were just playing on the break!  Don't know what they put in the sponsors tea at half time but to award Byrne man of the match was laughable imo.  Great play between Swift and Willo for the third goal, Swift looks more than handy but I did think our defence looked a bit shakier than normal - however, three points are three points!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #163 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:31:51 »

Well thats 1 defeat in 11 league games, 9 wins with the Town taking 28 points from a possible 33, thats bloody good by anybodies standards.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:40:55 »

Good result, gap developing between us and Preston now which is good, 18 points clear of 7th As well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: