Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69498 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:54:24 »

Much rather that sort of interview than what we had to put up listening to from Hart just 12 sorry months ago.

Oh god please no.

deltaincline

« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 23:11:51 »

No idea about the Ritchie rumours. Sounds like bollocks to me though.

Regarding the yoofs, from what my sauces have said, I believe that PDC isn't a fan of the whole internal youth policy/setup.

The department is, allegedly, very cliquey and does not react well to changes or constructive critique from PDC and his team.

A lot of rumours are currently flying around about young players getting places at STFC if their parents are favoured by coaches at various age levels, and also one or two slightly more risque rumours persist about the off-pitch activities of certain individuals that obviously can not be mentioned on a public forum.

I think the fact that some very useful younsters are repeatedly being lost to other pro clubs in the region - when they actually live in Swindon - is causing major concerns at the club.

Would not surprise me to see a mass clearout of yoof players and coaching staff during the summer.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 04:42:55 »

If you watch the highlights, you can see Caddis push someone away after he scores the penalty - is that Flint or Rooney? Whoever it is, cap'n didn't seem to want to celebrate with him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 06:29:29 »

If you watch the highlights, you can see Caddis push someone away after he scores the penalty - is that Flint or Rooney? Whoever it is, cap'n didn't seem to want to celebrate with him.

It's Rooney, but it looks as if Caddis is just in a rush to get the game back started again - nothing more sinister than that

Things get better but they never get good
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 06:48:31 »

I was sat in the North Stand about as far away from the Town fans as I could get (not on purpose you understand) and when you sung, you were awesome, much louder than the Aldershot fans in the terrace behind the goal. The scarves during the minute's silence looked spectacular, well done all.

Quote of the night for me was "Their keeper looks nervous, can't be their first choice wearing #35". Clueless twonk....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 07:04:46 »

I'm glad you went there.  If you ended up next to that drum (talented drummer though he was) it would have awful.

Hope you got home in good time...and apologies again for our last minute change of plan re: the taxi.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 08:51:12 »

I was sat in the North Stand about as far away from the Town fans as I could get (not on purpose you understand) and when you sung, you were awesome, much louder than the Aldershot fans in the terrace behind the goal. The scarves during the minute's silence looked spectacular, well done all.

Quote of the night for me was "Their keeper looks nervous, can't be their first choice wearing #35". Clueless twonk....

Yeah I was there first half then moved behind the goal closer to the Town fans at half time.
I much preferred sitting in the North Stand to be honest.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 08:51:48 »

I'm glad you went there.  If you ended up next to that drum (talented drummer though he was) it would have awful.

Hope you got home in good time...and apologies again for our last minute change of plan re: the taxi.

Talented drummer indeed. Drove me insane though. And the support was much louder there, so I couldn't really hear the Town fans and it was all a bit shitty. Better view though.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 09:00:09 »

Jeez can't believe some of the conjecture and half arsed opinions on the last 2 pages being alluded to as facts, some of you should know better.

Ah but without the conjecture and half arsed opinions, this place would not be a fraction of what it is!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 09:13:25 »

Centre backs need to be a little feisty.

Our beloved John Terry is a prime example.  Cheesy

John Terry is a cunt!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 09:22:34 »

John Terry is a cunt!

Yes I was a joking

DRS

« Reply #626 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 09:25:16 »

Ah you trickster you

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 10:17:00 »

No idea about the Ritchie rumours. Sounds like bollocks to me though.

Regarding the yoofs, from what my sauces have said, I believe that PDC isn't a fan of the whole internal youth policy/setup.

The department is, allegedly, very cliquey and does not react well to changes or constructive critique from PDC and his team.

A lot of rumours are currently flying around about young players getting places at STFC if their parents are favoured by coaches at various age levels, and also one or two slightly more risque rumours persist about the off-pitch activities of certain individuals that obviously can not be mentioned on a public forum.

I think the fact that some very useful younsters are repeatedly being lost to other pro clubs in the region - when they actually live in Swindon - is causing major concerns at the club.

Would not surprise me to see a mass clearout of yoof players and coaching staff during the summer.

A bit of truth in there and a lot of bullshit too from your sauces.

Seen hundreds of trialists over the years up there and the ones that get contracts are the ones that deserve them. Seen the odd one that raises eyebrows but they eventually get found out and released.

It is only as cliquey as anywhere else and to be honest there are coaches that dislike each other in there. Di canio and his coaches have nothing to do with the youth set up.

Alot of rumours will come from bitter parents who cannot see that their kid isn't good enough when told they are to be released or their trial was unsuccesfull.

The local scouting network is shit,but all the better local lads except those taken by Readin-Southampton etc get a trial eventually and the fact is they aint as good as they think they are in 99% of cases.

There are things wrong with the set up but its better than most centres of excellence.
obviously are a bit behind academy set ups due to money.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 10:28:41 by arriba » Logged
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 10:37:23 »

Ah you trickster you

Don't you mean Trigster

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 12:07:56 »

Was it not on twitter tuesday that Ritchie had travelled with the squad, tis strange with Bostock though as I would have expected him to be played instead of Ferry

I'm hoping the players have got their heads down the last few days in training to show they want to be here 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: