Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69516 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:19:57 »

In some ways last night may work out for the best in the long run....we've been staggering for a while now, results have come, but we don't look terribly convincing...we're up, which is the important thing, but could very easliy miss out the title.

A decent side would have powered on from the position we're in...like Macari's 85/86, which then powered on through Div 3.

This side, unless there is some major restructuring, will be back to struggling next season...

Replace 'struggling' with 'underachieving' and I'd agree with you entirely
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:24:42 »

Replace 'struggling' with 'underachieving' and I'd agree with you entirely

Chesterfield kind of spluttered over the line last season, lost their top scorer and have struggled throughout their season (JPT aside).

You cannot write off the notion of Swindon having a season of struggle if Town are not careful in their player assessment over the summer.
Flashheart

« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:31:18 »

Chesterfield kind of spluttered over the line last season, lost their top scorer and have struggled throughout their season (JPT aside).

You cannot write off the notion of Swindon having a season of struggle if Town are not careful in their player assessment over the summer.

I think it is without doubt that, unlike chesterfield, we will strengthen in the summer.

I think what Reg is referring to more is getting rid of the 'cancer' rather than the actual quality within the squad. We will certainly invest for another promotion and if attitudes aren't right, we could well not achieve what will already be quite a challenge regardless of what investments are made.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:35:50 »

I think Flint is a goner.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:40:16 »

I thought we had gotten rid of all this unprofessional shit last year, that's what I'm most disappointed with. I know footballers drink ect but its a bit disrespectful that they cant return the professionalism Di Canio has shown them. Whilst he was grieving he still took to the bench, but they couldn't resist & wait till the summer for a party. Ah well, winning promotion at gills could be sweet.

Oh yeh, the yoofs seem like wankers.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:40:57 »

Didn't Paolo say yesterday there was one player that would never play for him again?

We were trying to work out who that was, Ferry came to mind, but he came on yesterday nullifying that?

Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:41:47 »

I think Flint is a goner.

Ditto
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:43:01 »

Thankfully I reckon Paolo will provide major restructuring, so hopefully struggling won't be an option.

I wouldn't take this as a given...we've a lot of deadwood on lengthy contracts that need to be cleared out, who wil either have to be paid up or kept on the payroll which isn't cheap.  I suspect the Board wont be able to indulge di Canio quite so much next season, if he's still here.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:48:24 »

If I was Paolo I would be in Flints ear at every opportunity, this wannabe big time Charlie needs to be put in his place and remember he was nothing until Wilson took a punt on him.

Now, ain't that just like me?
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:05:28 »

Jesus christ, all doom and gloom on here I see!
A few weeks ago people were singing the players' praises and how we'll be 'up there or thereabouts' next season.....

There's no doubt we have some quality players in our squad. Wes, Flint, McCormack, Caddis, Ritchie, Ferry, Benson etc make up a team easily capable (presuming they're not out on their ear!)

Relax...Take a deep breath.....And enjoy!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Flashheart

« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:11:07 »

A few weeks ago people were singing the players' praises and how we'll be 'up there or thereabouts' next season.....

There's no doubt we have some quality players in our squad. Wes, Flint, McCormack, Caddis, Ritchie, Ferry, Benson etc make up a team easily capable (presuming they're not out on their ear!)

I think it's more positive than negative.

Would seem a potential problem has been identified and is being fixed ahead of next season. That's a good thing
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:14:36 »

I wrote a much longer reply than this saying something similar, in a much less eloquent way. Thank you for saving everybody from having to read it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:18:48 »

must be Cox but then it could be Cibocchi,or maybe Bostock.Then again Connell,or possibly McEvely,perhaps Gabilondo.Hopefully Murray.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:19:24 »

Been listening and watching PDCs post match interviews again. Interesting what he says about him expecting the players to apologise to the Board and fans and what he does about that. If it really was that bad and if it really did affect the performances.......I'll be expecting one.

Also been reading the youths on Twatter....poor all round really.

But let's not lose sight of what's been achieved and more importantly what can still be achieved. Reckon they'll be up for it on Saturday to prove a point or two.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 17:21:14 »

I expect Paolo's rant was probably a bit OTT. Whilst it's great to here them sort of things said I do feel it was done to finally give the players a final kick up the arse they need to get over the line. If it results in a good reaction on Saturday I won't be complaining.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: