Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69493 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:07:26 »

There is days of TV viewing just waiting for you UK Gold!

It's actually on right now!

Dozno9

« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:11:52 »

We have to win and Shrewsbury have to draw.

If we get a draw and Shrewsbury lose, they can still beat us on goal difference (mathematically).

Yep, but highly unlikely like the Turkey goal difference.

With Shrews they have to recover 14 goals over 3 games and in one of those we have to better their result to win the championship (therefore score more than them in 1 game) so they have to recover 15 goals at least just to be equal on goal difference over only 2 games so the same as Turkey, we have to lose 2 games 4-0 and they have to win 4-0 over 2 games.

It's in the bag  Huh?

« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:15:28 by Azza » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:14:45 »

DV of course Smiley

You can tell him!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:16:59 »

Yep, but highly unlikely like the Turkey goal difference.

With Shrews they have to recover 14 goals over 3 games and in one of those we have to better their result to win the championship (therefore score more than them in 1 game) so they have to recover 15 goals at least just to be equal on goal difference over only 2 games so the same as Turkey, we have to lose 2 games 4-0 and they have to win 4-0 over 2 games.

It's in the bag  Huh?

Yup yup. But still no 'champions' next to our name, unless we win and they drop 2 or 3 points!

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:19:27 »

If we lose on Saturday and Shrews beat Stanley, both quite possible, I'll be getting very nervous.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:21:17 »

Yup yup. But still no 'champions' next to our name, unless we win and they drop 2 or 3 points!
Accrington (A)
Daggers (H)
Wimbledon (A)

I can see them dropping a couple of points away from home
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:34:00 »

Given that Shrews' away record this season is worse than ours, I have every confidence that they could drop 2 points somewhere. Let's not panic just yet!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:42:30 »

Well, last night was shit.

We just didn't turn up. Can't remember their keeper having to make a save. I thought Rooney was awful, and Holmes/ De Vita not much better. We lacked any creativity in midfield.

I thought the atmosphere was very good, we were stood in the uncovered terrace, right next to covered and it sounded very loud.

Oh well, hopefully we can get it done on Saturday. Wasn't going to bother going, but having to consider it now.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 15:55:47 »

Given that Shrews' away record this season is worse than ours
I was looking at the table the other day, didnt realise how many games we had lost away from home! We dont seem able to draw a game away from home if we dont play very well
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:05:05 »

I'm fully expecting Shrews to get full points from their last three games which is making me a tad nervous. I can see the trohpy being lifted in Bradford at this rate, even if it's basically wrapped up at Vale but goal difference means it can't be presented there.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:05:07 »

It's actually on right now!

It's always on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:10:36 »

I don't want to even think about having to get points at Bradford on the last day to win the title.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:10:55 »

In some ways last night may work out for the best in the long run....we've been staggering for a while now, results have come, but we don't look terribly convincing...we're up, which is the important thing, but could very easliy miss out the title.

A decent side would have powered on from the position we're in...like Macari's 85/86, which then powered on through Div 3.

This side, unless there is some major restructuring, will be back to struggling next season...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:18:07 »

In some ways last night may work out for the best in the long run....we've been staggering for a while now, results have come, but we don't look terribly convincing...we're up, which is the important thing, but could very easliy miss out the title.

A decent side would have powered on from the position we're in...like Macari's 85/86, which then powered on through Div 3.

This side, unless there is some major restructuring, will be back to struggling next season...

Thankfully I reckon Paolo will provide major restructuring, so hopefully struggling won't be an option.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 16:19:14 »

Dont think you could say that any player had a good game last night and some(Caddis,McCormack,Benson)gave the worst performances Ive seen personally.Rooney is one of those "luxury players" that people used to talk of.Flint was a fucking chihuahua(?)on their second goal,Murray totally inept and Risser/Smith completely overrun in the middle of the park.
The passing was abysmal,deliveries from wide areas poor and the ball spent more time in the air than any other game I've seen.
Hopefully Saturday cannot be as bad.Best feeling I had all night was finally getting to the piss house at half time.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: