Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69515 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 12:50:41 »

Or Sony & Call Of Duty

optimism!

Wait till the Port Vale game, all will be revealed Wink
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 12:56:45 »

Whats the chances at the start of next year there will be no Bodin's at our club?
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:01:54 »

for those who havn't seen the SSN news reports from last night here's a link

http://bcove.me/33t0kang
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:02:35 »

I don't understand how anyone could say last night that we weren't singing. In the first half we were comically hijacking every one of their songs when they were started and singing them louder than them (shots became shits, we're Aldershot became we're going up)

I honestly think for a lot of clubs they know the chances of beating us our pretty slim and use outsinging us is a sense of pride. Heard a lot of Plymouth saying about the atmosphere Saturday and our 'two songs' fact is i'll take a loud as fuck 'We are Paolo's Red and White Army' and 'We are Swindon, we're top of the league' over some constant incoherent bollocks the other teams fans can't even make out any day of the week.
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:04:18 »

All I can say is that I did not hear one Aldershot song on the radio, but obviously I wasn't there but if the radio was anything to go by we totally outsung Aldershot all game.
I think the quote from Ardiles sums it up, if you were in the Away section then Town fans were loud and in the home end then Aldershot fans were loud. The microphones must have been pointing towards the Swindon fans because the noise I was hearing from the Aldershot fans was not just my imagination.

Lets all just go down to Gillingham and sing together as Champions.

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
Dozno9

« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:17:47 »

I think the quote from Ardiles sums it up, if you were in the Away section then Town fans were loud and in the home end then Aldershot fans were loud. The microphones must have been pointing towards the Swindon fans because the noise I was hearing from the Aldershot fans was not just my imagination.

Lets all just go down to Gillingham and sing together as Champions.

Amen.

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:18:41 »

Can't really blame Di Canio in all honesty. Lets just hope the players responsible can repay Di Canio and us as fans with a good performance against the Pikey lot, and thus secure promotion.

As for the little shits in the youth team, I hope someone who has a Twitter account has given those cunts a fucking mouthful.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Dozno9

« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:21:17 »

The sales of bright white trainers and hair gel would plummet in Swindon if they were disbanded.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:22:25 »

Samsung sponsorship director has just confirmed to me they are still sponsoring us. Just expanding their portfolio

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:28:50 »

Qoute from a Shots fan from another forum about noise levels last night...

but again I wont take that away from what was easily the biggest and most vocal support for a good couple of seasons (even ahead of the infamous red army of man united, congratulations)

Might not have seemed it from what you were watching but a couple on our forum have stated that although it wasn't your night at times you could really see little pockets of class coming from Swindon, so I'm really glad we managed to get the three points, if only we picked up 6-7 points from Port Vale, Plymouth and Dagenham (which could have been easily achievable) we'd be right in with a shout now.

Oh well, have fun in League One and role on next season for us, have really high hopes after last night.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:29:51 »

Or Sony & Call Of Duty

optimism!

Don't think it will be Sony after their recent financial reports

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:37:36 »

According to the shots forum we were very quiet last night and barely sang? Sounded loud on the radio i thought.

People that went last night......

It was loud until they scored. Then we picked it up again and were loud in the second half when we scored. Until they scored. Then it was all them.

china red

« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:40:49 »

Can't believe there would be any criticism of Di Canio, isn't it nice to have a manager who is so open and honest?  He has not just criticised the players this season but also himself when he's made errors in judgement.

We are top of the league, three games to play, one point away from promotion.  Di Canio is completely right, we haven't done anything yet, we still have games to play, promotion and championship to play for and so the players should not be out celebrating yet.  Over the years wouldn't we have loved a manager to kick players in the backside when they weren't performing to the expectations of the fans, or taking the piss by being out on the lash at every given opportunity.

I really hope Di Canio stays here for years to come and continues doing what he has done this season.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:42:41 »

I went and was in the Aldershot end. Their singing was way way louder than Town and I was well impressed with the singing. There fans were laughing at us due to the lack of noise from the away fans. If Swindon could get behind their team as Aldershot did then I am sure the last few games would have been more enjoyable to watch and more goals to boot.

As for all the Town fans who said they were going in the Aldershot end where the fuck were you? I was a bit worried when we equalised and realised I was the only person jumping for joy and punching the air!  Suicide

All in all, a shit night, but they wanted to win and their fans helped them achieve it for them, a very big win.

I was there and completely agree with you. Felt a bit silly in the home stand, they were much louder than us while they were scoring. At 0-0 though, they were a miserable lot.

First half I was in that standing stand in the far corner by the goal we were attacking.
Second half I was behind the goal. Looked a bit stupid when we were awarded a pen, but otherwise I had little to celebrate.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 13:47:56 »

All I can say is that I did not hear one Aldershot song on the radio, but obviously I wasn't there but if the radio was anything to go by we totally outsung Aldershot all game.

Well I was in the home stands. Thought 1st half the away support was fabulous. Home support couldn't be heard. (Although the 'We're going up' got a tad repetitive)

Second half it was all them I thought. I guess I was near the drums in the second half cos I switched seats, but the whole stadium was pretty loud to be fair, not just behind to goal. I thought we were silenced completely.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: