Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69494 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:41:15 »

Can't be fun watching football at that ground though.

When we got the Shrivvy stand from the Aldershot Tattoo, did they get a similar stand from the same event? (Reg?)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:43:17 »

The thing is though alot of these players have previous drinking history and you thought they'd learnt there lesson.  Can understand having a couple to wet the babys head for Alan Mac but obviously it was far more than that otherwise Paolo would not respond the way he has.  They are supposed to be professionals so lets see the job through before hitting the town and getting hammered.  Ferry and Flint were regular drinkers last year and I have seen them out a few times this year (not nearly as many as last year) but at some point they have to decide whether they want to stay at a club that is going places or whether they want to go to a club that is far more relaxed on letting them drink.  Plenty of time in the summer to celebrate and get on the beers both players and management, firstly get the job done!

I agree with everything you day. BUT I want to win this league, and to do that we can't afford to drop these players. The point had been made by PDC (IMHO), lets see what PDC does for the Gills.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:50:23 »

Over reaction from the fans, everyone was texting the radio about Di Canio team selection last night, they didn't understand why he changed it and he only pritty much said why after. He can't win with some people.
Chill and just enjoy the good times while it lasts.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:51:05 »

Can't be fun watching football at that ground though.

Can't be fun?  Those Aldershot fans looked like they were having more 'fun' than any home fans i've seen this season.  Absolutely fantastic away end / terrace, what I’d do to watch my team under that roof every week.  If only all grounds were like it.  Or we could all get a plastic identikit.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:52:23 »

Each to their own. Whilst terracing is great, the ground is a dump.

Flashheart

« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:55:32 »

Wish people would stop comparing PDC with other managers.

So what if other managers would have dealt with discipline more discreetly. PDC is PDC, not one of those other managers. PDC's way has seen us promoted and likely champions and people want to start changing ways of his management ethos? Really?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:57:07 »

Ferry is awesome but I think for an attacking CM he should contribute in goals.

I agree with this - don't want to hark on about 'bout the good old days but he needs to be more in the Mcloughlin/Hazard role.
Flashheart

« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 08:58:31 »

I agree with this - don't want to hark on about 'bout the good old days but he needs to be more in the Mcloughlin/Hazard role.

It would seem that was what he was hoping from Bostock
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:00:32 »

Whi has since disappeared off the face of the earth!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:01:16 »

Or maybe i meant Jonah?

Still no offence intended.
Haven't been a Jonah or Judas in the other 30+ matchday threads that I predicted EXACTLY the same score! Cheesy

No offence taken Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:19:46 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:02:32 »

Problem is he's unlikely to be able to change. It's an instinct he doesn't pocess. If he was in their mould, he wouldn't have left Celtic or playing for us.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:04:01 »

Well that ended up being a rather frustrating night. Not much else to add in the analysis department.

Personally I'm not bothered that PDC has named and shamed a couple of players, they should feel embarrassed about their behaviour and if they know what's good for them they will give the correct response in training and work themselves back into the starting line up.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:07:23 »

The highlight of last night was hijacking their Shots chant (same as Spurs yids chant). The funniest thing was that the drummer kept going, even though you could only hear Shits reverberating around the ground.

Cats are better than dogs FACT

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:15:18 »

The players were wrong if they disobeyed orders and went drinking,but i doubt it would have had an effect on their ability to pay last night.
I think Di canio was wrong to drop players but he is the boss. A line needs drawing and winning the title needs to be nailed.

The youth thing is a seperate issue, is old news and will probably change in the pre season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 09:17:42 »

Everybody has had their say, I will just say disappointing in so many respects, from the players on the piss to PDC washing his dirty linen in public, not forgetting a crap performance.  Can somebody enlighten me on something, what has happened to Bostock and Ritchie?  I heard an interview with Ritchie over two weeks ago when he said he was just a couple of days away from a return.  Murray has been so disappointing that I simply do not understand the Connell situation.  We limited our options by sending Billy B. on loan and his replacement apparently out of the equation altogether.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: