Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69489 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:22:12 »

I've slept on it and I really really hope PDC takes a deep breath, reads them the riot act if he feels it necessary and draws a line under this one. Lets play our best players and win the league, not play the fringe to prove a point.

If you beat them with a stick too much they will eventually break, like a giant pinata.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:27:15 »

Aldershot are effective and did us fair and square, big, physical and relentless.

poor old Murray was the scape goat....didnt or couldn't read the game and the strength of a kitten, I honestly think we would of been better off with him off and to play with ten.

Ref was poor in respect if trying to keep cards to a minimum...boh sides should of had a few more yellows.....ferry being kicked four times before he went down late on was a cert....however the ref did not blow it...we did!

i'd agree with both points, and add- murray was either too close to benson and when the ball got to him moved it 8 yards to someone else, or he was miles away from benson not expecting another flicked on ball (as we became more desperate it was evident the hoof was the only way we'd get close to their goal). he and de vita don't anticipate anything and it's really really frustrating.

aldershot are a physical team and as partisan as i may be their number 10 should have gone for two yellows (diving then fouling ferry multiple times just outside the box). but the ref, just like the feller against plymouth didn't take anyone to one side and have a chat and give any warnings. a suitably poor display from the ref to match our attempts

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:50:54 »

World's worst agent Darren is suggesting on twitter that PDC may be losing the dressing room... I assume he isn't working for us anymore then.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:56:27 »

I haven't actually got any issue with them going out, but the fact that they were dropped tonight because of it and the whole team rejigged cost us the game.
Wondering if PDC would have put that side out if we were where Crawley/
Turkey are in the league, maybe next time he should fine them to make his point and not put a crap side out in an important match for the club and fans?

Just a thought.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:59:14 »

A good point was raised that most managers would have resolved this in-house rather than declare it live on the radio. Agree or disagree I'd imagine a few will be pissed off at being outed in public.

Personally I don't know whether it was the right thing to do or not. If they got totally wrecked then maybe it was right, if they were out wetting the baby's head and had Sunday off then maybe not.

Just hope he doesn't persist with what in my opinion is a weakened team to prove the point. Play the best players, win the league, then decide what to do.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:06:17 »

But to go out on the lash on a saturday night, when you have a tuesday night game which is important is irresponsible in my opinion.

But that's the argument of players social lives again...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:08:08 »

They have all fucking summer to get lashed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:15:59 »

Should make it clear if they got lashed it is clearly wrong, but what if it was 3 or 4 pints (which I have doubts).

My main point was I hope that PDC can see past it and play players because they are the best in their position, not put them on the bench because they have been dicks. The players can help themselves by getting on it rather than sulk.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:18:00 »

On Twitter, a lad I follow said he served Devera jager bombs on Saturday night in Cirencester.

He has no reason to lie.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:23:00 »

Wilson let them all get away with it last year and look where that got us.
I can't see him not playing them for the rest of the season, he's made his point and I think that will be that.
I always thought the players trained on a Sunday if they had a mid week game, so I can see why he is pissed off.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:27:15 by STFC4LIFE » Logged
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:25:48 »

On Twitter, a lad I follow said he served Devera jager bombs on Saturday night in Cirencester.

He has no reason to lie.
well I saw him in old town around 11 so I'm not sure how likely that is. Anyway like I have said before, they didn't look like they were getting shit faced, just celebrating maccas baby. Then again who knows what went on later in the night. All I know, is that most of the first teamers were out on Saturday. We will still win this league...no need to panic
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:27:00 »

That was infuriating.
So annoyed as that probably the last game i'll get to see this year. unless I shell out £30 for the train to Vale.

Probably the same for me.

kaufman

« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:33:24 »

I feel slightly different about it all since last night. agreed paolo should maybe
have not got down this route but can understand why.
when Fraser digby questions it on twitter I do wonder and hope
the players and staff stick together and talk it through.
DRS

« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:44:41 »

Tbf to the bloke he has had a shit few days. He hadn't seen them until yesterday so couldnt do anything about it until then. These players know how he works and what he is about and let's face it even we know he doesn't allow players to get steaming. It us up to the players in question to apologise and show him in training that they mean it.As for saying it in public well that's just him isn't it?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:51:27 »

A good point was raised that most managers would have resolved this in-house rather than declare it live on the radio. Agree or disagree I'd imagine a few will be pissed off at being outed in public.

Personally I don't know whether it was the right thing to do or not. If they got totally wrecked then maybe it was right, if they were out wetting the baby's head and had Sunday off then maybe not.

Just hope he doesn't persist with what in my opinion is a weakened team to prove the point. Play the best players, win the league, then decide what to do.

The thing is though alot of these players have previous drinking history and you thought they'd learnt there lesson.  Can understand having a couple to wet the babys head for Alan Mac but obviously it was far more than that otherwise Paolo would not respond the way he has.  They are supposed to be professionals so lets see the job through before hitting the town and getting hammered.  Ferry and Flint were regular drinkers last year and I have seen them out a few times this year (not nearly as many as last year) but at some point they have to decide whether they want to stay at a club that is going places or whether they want to go to a club that is far more relaxed on letting them drink.  Plenty of time in the summer to celebrate and get on the beers both players and management, firstly get the job done!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: