Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Selling a car on ebay  (Read 4460 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 22:46:35 »

Pitfalls?
Positives?

Tips and abuse welcome! Smiley

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 00:32:40 »

I've done it. Just don't take any shit.
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 05:55:30 »

I personally think it you don't get a good price selling cars on ebay. I bought my current car this way and got it very cheap. It is a gamble buying, and that is why people don't bid very high. I would probably buy again, but I can't ever see me selling a car on ebay
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 09:34:43 »

It's a risk.  A friend sold their car on ebay and when the person who bid highest came to get it, they decided they didn't like it, wouldn't pay and left.

They were due to pay cash on collection and ebay wouldn't do anything other than open a case, which the buyer ignored. There is no real come back.

You're unlikely to get anywhere near what the car is worth and the fee for selling is 10%, which works out quite expensive.

I used 'We Buy Any Car' a few years ago, because I was struggling to sell a car privately.  I was impressed with the service and happy with the price I got.  I'd use them again if I needed to.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 10:43:58 »

you will have attempted scammers, you cant avoid it
im dont want to state the obvious but avoid emailes such as
- I live in spain and i will pay for the shipping of the vehicle and even give you more than the asking price
- Really bad broken english

You will generally get a better price than if you trade, sell to a garage. Make sure you state SOLD AS SEEN if you think something might go wrong in the near future :-)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 10:45:22 »

It's a risk.  A friend sold their car on ebay and when the person who bid highest came to get it, they decided they didn't like it, wouldn't pay and left.

They were due to pay cash on collection and ebay wouldn't do anything other than open a case, which the buyer ignored. There is no real come back.

You're unlikely to get anywhere near what the car is worth and the fee for selling is 10%, which works out quite expensive.

I used 'We Buy Any Car' a few years ago, because I was struggling to sell a car privately.  I was impressed with the service and happy with the price I got.  I'd use them again if I needed to.

we buy any car is better for newer cars. I popped by mk4 golf (12 years old) and they offered 500 quid for it. Piss off.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 10:53:39 »

we buy any car is better for newer cars. I popped by mk4 golf (12 years old) and they offered 500 quid for it. Piss off.

Already been insulted by those cunts!

Thanks lads keep it coming.

I thought it was £10 to advertise and then £30 if sold (fixed price)...

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:03:31 »

I advertised my last car on Auto Trader, loads of scammers, one genuine buyer (!) who wanted me to drop the price by 50% and then proceeded to take the cash out of his wallet, told him i would give it another week before i would consider his offer - put a for sale sign on it at the front of my drive and sold it within three days to a lovely asian man who actually didn't have a driving licence and had failed the test twice!!  Don't know whether he ever drove it without the licence but my wife did see his wife about three months ago and she was thrilled that he had now passed - almost 18 months later!!!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:05:34 »

Already been insulted by those cunts!

Thanks lads keep it coming.

I thought it was £10 to advertise and then £30 if sold (fixed price)...

yes
10 quid to list then

Final selling price   Final value fee
£0.01 - £1,999.99   £20.00
£2,000 - £3,499.99   1% of final selling price
£3,500 and more   £35.00
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:06:05 »

if you want a free listing, try piston heads. (if its still free) if its not its only a tenner.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:10:16 »

Do an advertisement listing rather than an auction
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:15:45 »

We buy any car and the like can be pretty rubbish.

Which? Review

Pistonheads is pretty good, couple of mates who've sold/bought their cars from there say the amount of scammers is much reduced from stuff like autotrader and ebay.

Without meaning to be old fashioned, is there a post office/shop nearby that lets you put cards in the window nearby? Typically nowadays you get zero scammers and very few wheel kickers.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:36:14 »

Oh right.  My car was only about 4 years old and this was about 6 years ago.  Perhaps I got a bit lucky.

Ignore my utterly useless information, as I didn't realise the 10% final value fee for ebay didn't apply to cars!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 12:20:51 »

What car is it?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 13:41:41 »

This is really useful boys...thanks.

It's a Suzuki 2l Grand Vitara...80k mileage..

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: