Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125152 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:12:50 »

Bullshit! He knows our financial history right enough. He even mentioned it.
I'm also calling bullshit on not knowing the payback terms of his loans - that's just my opinion.

There's a difference between knowing we have been in admin twice and on the brink of another, and understanding just how deceitful previous owners have been. im not sure if it would make any difference to whether he would be willing to tell us anymore, but it might help him understand why so many people are unsure whether his intentions are good or otherwise
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:14:54 »

Oh, I see your point now. Apologies
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:18:11 »

Sounds like Keane is more likely to return as No. 1 keeper than Vigs with young Henry understudy.

Dunno where that leaves Belford
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:20:31 »

Sounds like Keane is more likely to return as No. 1 keeper than Vigs
What was said?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:20:58 »

Oh, I see your point now. Apologies

No worries

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:25:32 »

What was said?
Just that with Vigs injury problem it's unlikely we could take a chance on signing him on a permanent.

Talked up Keane and said young Henry would make a decent No.2 allowing for his age.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 20:26:13 »

Or Banner Boy?

Or Eric Bana...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 09:01:58 »

Sounds like Keane is more likely to return as No. 1 keeper than Vigs with young Henry understudy.

Henry looked more composed and solid in the couple of games he played than Belford has ever looked IMO. Belford needs to be moved on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 09:17:52 »

Who is Keane?

Edit - I assume you mean Kean, but doesn't the changes at Norwich potentially put the mockers on that?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 09:20:27 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 09:19:39 »

Who is Keane?

Think he means Kean.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 09:24:22 »

Who is Keane?

Edit - I assume you mean Kean, but doesn't the changes at Norwich potentially put the mockers on that?

No Sherwood, and no more 'Bloke At Norwich', but we still have Sir Les, who might be willing and able to sort us out :-)
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 12:16:44 »

This is the crux of the matter very well highlighted. Create a buzz - the PR/Media and Comms side of the club seems sometimes to be treated as a luxury and not a necessity. Does come over as very amateur indeed.

I think that applies to a fair chunk of the fan base.

If we just look at the football side, the picture he paints isn't going to create much of a buzz. Its been rightly pointed out that we can still do well on the pitch. And we can.

So why not try to create a buzz, the club PR is still an absolute amateur shambles. I just don't understand it given we need people through the gate to increase budget. Surely even if he's only here to cash in on transfer fees a successful side makes him more money than a shit one...

I used to be Fatbury

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 12:25:43 »

Don't think you can create a buzz - it's a naturally occurring phenomenon when conditions are right.

A personality - PdC - can create it partially but it needs to be backed up with success on the pitch. Those things happen and people will stop banging about Power this and Power that and get back to concentrating on what is really the only important thing.

Winning football matches
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #613 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 12:25:51 »

Power out and out confirmed he would never do anything to put the club in jeopardy. Whilst we don't know if he's taking the piss with taking money out of the club, I suppose he has implied he isn't from the answers given.

I suppose it's a case of whether your view is innocent until proven guilty or vice versa. I think it's the latter view (or his perception that's the case) that's got Lee Power's goat.

Again, it's the whole busy body argument though - a lot of this would be easily appeased with straight forward answers.

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 12:28:43 »

Forgive my ignorance but is Power intent on recouping the money he put in to "save the club" ?
If so, that isn't really how it works. You don't put money into a football club(especially on like stfc) and expect your money back.

Doing this whilst dictating everything at the club from top to bottom with the football served up leaving a lot to be desired is hardly going to endear yourself to the fans.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: