Pages: 1 ... 1929 1930 1931 [1932] 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4572902 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28965 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 07:47:40 »

Liverpool FC 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28966 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 07:51:41 »

Liverpool FC 

POP!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28967 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 08:03:30 »

Liverpool FC 

Remember a few weeks ago their fans going on about a possible four trophies in Klopp’s last season Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28968 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 08:16:04 »

England 1-0 Liverpool  Grin
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28969 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 08:30:51 »

Klopp has been brilliant for Liverpool raising them into title races and Eoru progression.

But he's also only won 1 league title. Though I think football (money) has changed to make it very hard to have periods of domination without it.

Here's hoping the next LFC manager is a dudd Smiley
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #28970 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 09:27:39 »

Klopp has been brilliant for Liverpool raising them into title races and Eoru progression.

But he's also only won 1 league title. Though I think football (money) has changed to make it very hard to have periods of domination without it.

Here's hoping the next LFC manager is a dudd Smiley

Very true and it's what most will judge him on but i think it's fair to point out that they have finished runner up twice with 92 & 97 points.

I always wonder how Pep would have done with Klopps teams over the last few years, he managed to get 92 points with a team consisting of Matip, Milner,Henderson,Shaqiri,Origi etc, that's mental.

It's a shame in a way that City have dominated and continue to do so with the spending power they have but as you say Klopp has certainly made sure the last 7 years or so weren't awfully boring i suppose
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28971 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 09:45:38 »

The sad truth is, the Premier League have allowed themselves to go from the best league in the world to exactly the same as every other league in the one team is allowed to dominate because of spending power and corner cutting, without Klopp the last 7 years would have been much more boring.  Unless the 115 charges are found, it will probably be the same for the next 10 years - only got themselves to blame.

The FIA have got the same problem in F1 currently, a situation that they truly created.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28972 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 10:26:05 »

The FIA have got the same problem in F1 currently, a situation that they truly created.

I know its an aside, but is that true. There will always be the haves and have nots. Spending caps at least address it a bit.

Think its equally though technical dominance goes in cycles, and its nigh on impossible to bridge a significant gap without rule changes ...

Since 2000 all the championships have gone to: Schiumi, Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen...

except Alonso x2 (can't remember how Renault did that) , Raikonnen (Ferrair), Button (double defuser rule came in mid season!) and Rosberg (mercedes dominant)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #28973 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 10:49:31 »

I know its an aside, but is that true. There will always be the haves and have nots. Spending caps at least address it a bit.

Think its equally though technical dominance goes in cycles, and its nigh on impossible to bridge a significant gap without rule changes ...

Since 2000 all the championships have gone to: Schiumi, Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen...

except Alonso x2 (can't remember how Renault did that) , Raikonnen (Ferrair), Button (double defuser rule came in mid season!) and Rosberg (mercedes dominant)

I believe it to be true, others would disagree no doubt.

The method that RB got across the line for their first championship (in the modern era) was when the FIA manipulated the rules in the final race of the season in order to break the Mercedes monopoly artificially - they pretty much came out and confirmed that after the race, albeit they threw the race director under the bus and made him the scapegoat, he was working under their brief though.  This race/decision has given RB the momentum since then with an increased budget plus numerous other advantages of being world champions - which then led to the budget cap breach which they got a slap on the wrist for.

I agree that the sport (as are most sports) is cyclical so it is natural that Mercedes dominance would have come to an end and somebody else would step in for a period of dominance, but the fact that the catalyst for that was derived from the governing body, and they are the ones that are now overseeing a period where one car (not team) is so far ahead and creating a boring spectacle, sits completely with the FIA. IMO.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28974 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 12:05:21 »

That's an interesting take. I'd not considered it like that before. They were certainly desperate for a new world champion because of the domination. That's gone well since. But it took RBR the whole of the "last set of regs" to catch up with Merc.

IMO the big thing was the regs change at the end of that season . Mercedes completely fluffed their approach and got massive ground effect bouncing. They have been on the back foot since but this year had been worse than expected. RBR aced it. Ferrari...Ferarri'd it.

The sanctions imposed on RBR for the budget cap breach seem to have no effect whatsoever.

Ah well, opinions. Nice to talk about something different.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #28975 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 13:23:46 »

That's an interesting take. I'd not considered it like that before. They were certainly desperate for a new world champion because of the domination. That's gone well since. But it took RBR the whole of the "last set of regs" to catch up with Merc.

IMO the big thing was the regs change at the end of that season . Mercedes completely fluffed their approach and got massive ground effect bouncing. They have been on the back foot since but this year had been worse than expected. RBR aced it. Ferrari...Ferarri'd it.

The sanctions imposed on RBR for the budget cap breach seem to have no effect whatsoever.

Ah well, opinions. Nice to talk about something different.

Yeah your view is right to a degree, Mercedes were certainly going to get knocked off of their pedestal by somebody because other teams handled the new regs much better as you say, but for the FIA to decide that RB would be that team by helping them to win that last race by changing the rules live on TV, that was the biggest crime for me and as I said the catalist for subsequent success.  For me it was the most corrupt action that I have ever witnessed in any live sport first hand, and I watch a lot of sport and there is a lot of corruption.

There are a new set of regs next season so maybe the FIA are hoping that will level the playing field somewhat, but that doesn't stop the fact that those previous actions have meant that the past 2 seasons and this one have made F1 races pretty much a non event and a complete waste of money and time, and I know the sport has lost a lot of fans because of it - not that they will care about that as there are always new generations.  My main point is though, that it was the FIA's actions that made this happen, in the same way as it is the Premier League/FA's inaction that has allows Man City to dominate as much as they have and will continue to do so.

Premier league is just another league now and F1 is just another race, whereas before they were seen as the elite.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28976 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 13:29:50 »

I’m not sure formula 1 is the type of sport which feeds off of catalysts like the way you’re describing Abu Dhabi 2021.

The 2022 cars were directionally set at that point - what’s happened since would have otherwise have happened.

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #28977 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 13:43:38 »

Red Bulls dominance is because they have Adrian Newey, he’s pretty much the only guy on the grid with experience of ground effect cars the last time round. He predicted the porpoising and mitigated it from day 1 meaning they’ve always had a car they knew would work.  Also for whatever reason this type of car suits Verstappen perfectly so they’ve ended up with the perfect car/driver combo for this generation of car.

2021 had little to no impact on subsequent years as there was a complete change of cars after that.  At the point they won the title in 2021 the development of the 2022 car was pretty much complete already and as proven by results since were miles ahead of the rest of the grid.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #28978 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 13:52:24 »

Like i said, others will disagree, and I am not saying it would have changed any outcome, but they were handed benefits for the subsequent seasons that if it had played out without the rule changes in that final race would have hindered them.

I agree that Newey would have meant that it put them ahead of the rest of the grid, but improving their finances, wind tunnel time, positioning in the pit lane, along with other benefits that you get from being the world champions was handed to them by the FIA - that is my point.  They have helped create the bore fest of F1 for the past 2.5 seasons.  Might have happened anyway, but their actions helped, therefore no sympathy.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28979 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 14:27:55 »

Topically, Adrian Newey is reportedly leaving Red Bull soon

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 1929 1930 1931 [1932] 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: