Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If Devlin is sacked  (Read 2988 times)
Red Chris

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:42:57 »

Bart your a laughing stock, a complete tosser as well
normy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 17:09:18 »

Quote from: "DribblingSissy"
He wont be sacked.....if you read the latest stories, it sounds like all that is happening is that with the major focus being on promotion, the board have agreed to such things as Ince's signing and allowing the budget for players to go above 60% (with league approval) but obviously you cant justify that if your other bills and paying the off the field staff comes to more than 40%.....

We have obviously exhausted all avenues since the administration problems, to try and cut costs elsewhere and thus now it is down to Power and Devlin.....
Sounds like as they are not around to discuss, the rest of the board have discussed their own salaries (maybe even taken cuts?) but that it is important for Power to either make a cash injection into the club (maybe this is all a ploy to get him to do this!?) or that they wish Devlin to renegotiate his salary or face the possibility of being the next redundancy......

Lets face it, if you have any knowledge of a business, you'll know redundancies are not a way of getting rid of deadwood (although there are ways of doing it but is complicated) it is simply a cost cutting excercise where there is a financial budget in place and wage bills exceed this limit - redundancies are strange and in the same way unlikely for someone such as Mark Devlin though, as you are not legally allowed to re-employ someone in the same capacity within a set period of time, which would perhaps be needed or desired with Mark Devlins position (unless a current staff member took over).

I predict that the 'board' or backroom staff will be trying hard at present to contact firstly Bill Power to see if he can resolve it all with a cash injection and if not then they will be looking to Mark Devlin to accept a pay decrease, even if only only a short term basis until further investment......

In all honesty, I cant see Devlin, Power or any of the current set up walking away from the club, as they all in different capacities seem to have a passion for what they are doing.......its not someone, but more like someone's wages that need to amended (if only part time) so that we may balance the books, like any decent business.

At least we are trying to address such issues.......I for one would rather we lose the occasion loved personnel if it means we stay a float and in existence, than allow finances to slide again uncontrollably and simply 'die' as a business and thus as a club!

Opinions???
 Are we sure that the League gave approval to go above 60% ? I thoughty that was an inflexible rule. If the League did agree, then they broke their own rule, knowing that cost cutting and redundancies would be likely to follow. I hope this is not another case of STFC  financial mismanagement.

ust be the oldest
DribblingSissy

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 08:57:53 »

cost cutting isnt anything to do with the 60% on player wages though....simply to try and keep the rest of the business at less than 40%....
Either way I doubt Linda was a casualty of financial planning, more that they simply felt that they could do without her services, despite what any other outsiders may feel about her being good at her job etc.

To be honest I'm no longer worried in the slightest about the current situation as it at least seems all parties, including Power, Devlin and the Wills family, seem to care mainly about the football so as long as we are still here in 10 years time then i couldnt care less if the whole board and ownership changed....personally.

But we best be in at least the Championship by that point!!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 10:13:58 »

Back to subject

If Devlin is sacked do you reckon he'll become a full time member of the tef or Thisis forum, or maybe he might join those loud and proud guys.

I think it's a valid question as his choice will have a direct effect on whether I decide to boycott STFC.  If he takes up a full time posters role on Thisis I'll think the man is a retard who deserved to get the boot.  If he joins the L&P site I'll think he's a do gooder sing when we're winning kinda fella.

If he joins the dark side on the TEF I'll think he's a waster who really should be doing something more constructive with his time.

The choice is yours Devlin, choose your site carefully.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 18:03:14 »

I think we should all prepare for the worst -Devlin is being hung out to dry by these parasites.

I for one think it is disgusting how he has been treated- all while nearly being killed whilst on company business. Diamandis has used him and Bill being away as an excuse to stir up trouble

What fucking cunts they all are
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 23:42:19 »

we've seen the last of devlin, although if you look carefully you might see him clearing out his desk (if he has one) in the next week or so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 07:15:31 »

Is that educated guesswork Sonic, or have you had a Wink From the press statements it looks like they want rid but we'll have to wait and see. If I were Devlin I might walk anyway....

Is your future as score board messer in doubt? They seem to have let someone who works for nothing go. Are you next?
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 10:21:49 »

seems to be stonecold fact i'm afraid. given the current situation, it seems to be heading that way anyway.

i don't think the club can actually tell me to stop doing the scoreboard, so i think i'm safe. i'm not sure i even want to do it anymore.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 10:23:49 »

ace can I do it?

/
W56196272
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 10:45:21 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
ace can I do it?
I can just imagine that!  Cheesy
Do it!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 12:37:04 »

Quote from: "normy"
Are we sure that the League gave approval to go above 60% ? I thoughty that was an inflexible rule. If the League did agree, then they broke their own rule, knowing that cost cutting and redundancies would be likely to follow. I hope this is not another case of STFC  financial mismanagement.

There are a few teams that have had the salaries/turnover ratio above the recommended amount.

From the various sources I've read, I think the football league will approve new signings and transfers if they are satisfied that they keep within the salary cap limit/or extraordinary circumstances occur whereby an investor makes up the shortfall.

The problem is that once approved something like this can happen. Or gates fall. Or gates rise (i.e. so do profits). The point is, this type of salary cap is ambiguous and uncertain. The same salary cap is supposedly imposed in League 1 as well, but obviously not as stringently.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 19:44:46 »

If Devlin goes folks we are in the absolute shit. It will go back to how it was before he rejoined, with th Dunwoody connection running the show

Cannot see Wise staying either and working under this board personally
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: