Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ice hockey final  (Read 3798 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 21:38:03 »

I was gonna mention that, but it is mainly tactical ie checking line out against a scoring line. If they want a player to do two shifts in a row then he will!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 21:52:46 »

I remember seeing a video a while back of some guy who had his throat near enough slit open by an ice skate whilst playing hockey. Can't say you see that kind of gore watching football.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 21:54:28 »

I remember seeing a video a while back of some guy who had his throat near enough slit open by an ice skate whilst playing hockey. Can't say you see that kind of gore watching football.
I saw that, not sure if it was posted on here or not. I'm not expert, but I don't think it happens too often.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 21:58:55 »

Someone holds the record for being the only one to take off his skate and use it to stab someone.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 22:47:22 »

I saw that, not sure if it was posted on here or not. I'm not expert, but I don't think it happens too often.

It doesn't, but it has happened a few times in the last 20 years. Richard Zednik the most recent, about 18 months ago I believe, had his cut by his own team mate (accidentally). He's still playing, but he was out for a good few months.

You get some really bad injuries though, there's a big discussion going on regarding hits to the head as some professionals are suffering recurrent concussions which are forcing them to retire. I believe they're banning it now.

For those of you that just have to see a throat cut though...

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 09:40:04 »

when that happened, he thought he was gonna die (as you would), he knew his mother was watching and didnt want her to see him die on live tv, so he skated off the ice through the door behind his goal, expecting to die. the doctors managed to save his life, purely because the door on the ice was behind his goal. if he'd been at the other end of the ice, he'd have died. pretty fucking scary.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 15:14:51 »

It doesn't, but it has happened a few times in the last 20 years. Richard Zednik the most recent, about 18 months ago I believe, had his cut by his own team mate (accidentally). He's still playing, but he was out for a good few months.

You get some really bad injuries though, there's a big discussion going on regarding hits to the head as some professionals are suffering recurrent concussions which are forcing them to retire. I believe they're banning it now.

For those of you that just have to see a throat cut though...

Fucking hell that is quite extreme.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 16:41:34 »

Understatement of the day? :-P

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 17:52:31 »

Yeah that was the worst one, there have been a few bad ones!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 09:43:35 »

this happened last night. ouchies. the guy was ok, he was attended to off the ice, didnt have to go to hospital. scary though!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 11:59:42 »

That could have seriously fucked him up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: