Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ice hockey final  (Read 3801 times)

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:32:19 »

anyone else got it on?
yanks just forced extra time with a late equalizer
Doore

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:33:28 »

I'm watching, getting quite interested in Ice Hockey at the mo.  Very much enjoyed the dramatic ending.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:36:05 »

Makes for an exciting finish. Extra time, 'Golden Goal' stylee isn't it? Although penalties would be interesting to watch. I'm semi-supporting Canada, just because, but I won't lose any sleep over it if they lose!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:43:26 »

is it next goal wins then?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:53:42 »

goooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:55:26 »

Jolly good show.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:39:26 »

Quality game, glad the Canadians won as I love the country and love the sport. Their passion for it is insane over there, it means more to them than football does to us!

Crosby will grab the headlines for the winner but he was shit the whole game and was pretty dire the whole tournament. He is Canada's poster boy to be fair but he is nothing compared to what Gretzky was.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:41:07 »

You're only saying that because you were slagging him off right before he scored Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 00:15:24 »

Glad the US took it to overtime, it would've been a fullscale fairytale for them to win (absoultely nobody thought they'd be anywhere near Canada at this Olympics, they US team is quite weak compared to the Canadian team, but they work as a team, whereas Canada seems to just be a team of stars that sometimes works together.

Tails, i agree about Crosby, he's been invisible this tournament. I am looking forward to the NHL resuming though, i miss the fights! Cheesy

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 08:42:51 »

Their passion for it is insane over there, it means more to them than football does to us!

What a stupid thing to say. Just plain wrong, we've had a passion for football since before Canada even existed. And if they like it so much why can't they invent a third chant. Wank.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 1, 2010, 09:53:46 by jayohaitchenn » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 09:04:01 »

I saw the Boston Bruins (just before Joe Thornton left) beat the Florida Panthers. It was good fun plus Dropkick Murphys performed at Half-Time and Full-Time too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 09:54:14 »

I went to see Tampa Bay Lightning v Hartford Whalers (I don't think they exist anymore). Hartford won 5-2 in a very hard match, some guy got about 40 minutes of accumulated sin bin action for about 10 offences. Ice Hockey is a brilliant spectator sport if you can ignore the fact the Americans seem more interested in their food and drink than actually watching the bloody game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 10:56:23 »

you're right bob, unfortunately the Whalers don't exist any more, they were moved to Carolina and became the Hurricanes. a proper shame, the whalers jerseys were AWESOME, and Carolina, apart from starting every game with a hurricane siren (air raid siren to you and me) there's nothing much worth to mention about them. Tongue

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 12:22:22 »

Great game, great result. Seen a few nhl games at leafs, san jose and dallas. Definitely passionate people, but they show it at the game in their own way. Nearly no away fans doesn't help i suppose. Best jipping of the opposition was at san jose. Their ex netminder returned after slaging them off in the press. Imagine 20,000  yanks doing the slow "taylor" chant.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 18:48:52 »

You're only saying that because you were slagging him off right before he scored Cheesy

He was shit though. He did nothing all game then fucked up that breakaway towards the end of the 3rd which would have sealed it. For someone who is supposed to be one of the best players in the world it was a poor show. I rate Ovechkin a lot more than Crosby.

Good game overall. I didn't think the Yanks really went for Canada like they did in the group game. They didn't seem to be as up for it. Maybe Canada had more confidence after hammering Russia in the quarters?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: