Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why is it?  (Read 2852 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 21:42:02 »

I used to like Nils

I miss him
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 21:48:22 »

I think the problem lies with the brilliantly high standard of banter that we've set as the norm.

When the Tef started up there was enough people who were fed up from the old Thisis to make it interesting. It was a clean start for some, an opportunity to get involved for others (me) and a chance for the old guard to set a standard on what was acceptable.

Which was a happy medium for a few years, thisis was still crap but acted like a nice gateway to the TEF for those who wanted it. There was still enough amusement to go around. I guess it's about this time that I started posting regularly, and I take full responsibility for the TEF being absolutely fucking brilliant throughout that period.

Then the bad days happened. Conflict with the board. The Tef was pretty much closed off for new members. Me and Sonic and maybe some others tried our best at trying to validate new members as quickly as possible but we soon got bored. No new members hit the Tef pretty bad. Although the few that made it through, like axs and others, were only slightly shit.

The worst part of the conflict era was that it spelt the death of thisis. Thisis has always acted at the best gateway to the Tef.

And as the dragon of Adverille spurted it's last fire, the people of tefville laughed. "The dragon's dying" they all cried. Yet, for better or worse the, tefvillians had a symbiotic relationship with the denizens of Adverville, and as the Advers slowly degraded into madness, it was then that the tefvillians realised that they were alone.

Who knows what the future holds. Or how much I've drank. Or Both.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 21:51:51 »

Peoples problems or drunk antics usually get the general discussion going.

(Or a thread about decapitating yeovil red dog)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 22:01:29 »

The current crop of students being shit doesn't help things either. LateNightThreads are generally a bit of a futile effort filled with us oldens (24+) saying that we're going to bed. Which would be fine if the kids were off doing interesting stuff, but even one of the biggest young posters, STFC Dave, has only managed one hillarious tale of puking on a bird that I can remember. Fucking lame.

Get your fucking act together.

I did make an effort to train Nozzza up, even after he's stopped posting on here he'd still ask how I was doing now and again on msn (I think he though I was an alcoholic or something), but that was a lost cause. Haven't heard from him for a year. He's either doing something mediciney or ecconomecy at university in London somewhere. I think it's mediciney.

flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 23:43:30 »

Oh and that's the other problem. I've got 5/7 of the last posts on recent topics. Am I that good that you cunts can't be arsed to reply? I fucking hope not.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 06:57:40 »

I'll try and be more amusing

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 07:01:27 »

Yeah there doesn't seem to be any late night thread goodness anymore. Sadly I don't go out in the week and post until 3am anymore. I suppose I stay in most weekends so could do it then but it's often too quiet to get anything going. The loss of Village hasn't helped the late night goodness either.

I think these posts highlight that we're just lazy and nostalgic.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 07:33:23 »

Could the decline of the late night thread mean people have more of a social life? Or does it really mean people are just going to bed earlier?
« Last Edit: Monday, October 12, 2009, 07:45:15 by Spy » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 07:40:44 »

Oh and that's the other problem. I've got 5/7 of the last posts on recent topics. Am I that good that you cunts can't be arsed to reply? I fucking hope not.

You ####ing threadkiller.  It's all your fault.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 07:43:28 »

we need to encourage more people on here. not fucking attack them.

plus posters need to take more drugs and more booze.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 08:06:35 »

I blame the recession. People just can't afford the quantities of drugs and booze needed to post the level of bollocks that used to be on here only a year ago....

It's All Good..............
Doore

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 08:55:55 »

SONN is the saviour of the TEF...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 12:16:07 »

SONN is the saviour of the TEF...

Who'd a thunk it.

Sadly I suffer from terminal mediocrity so I wouldn't be much use in 'livening things up'. Its been a long old time since I got stoned as well so I can't see that changing in the future.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 14:42:20 »

The current crop of students being shit doesn't help things either. LateNightThreads are generally a bit of a futile effort filled with us oldens (24+) saying that we're going to bed. Which would be fine if the kids were off doing interesting stuff, but even one of the biggest young posters, STFC Dave, has only managed one hillarious tale of puking on a bird that I can remember. Fucking lame.

Get your fucking act together.

I did make an effort to train Nozzza up, even after he's stopped posting on here he'd still ask how I was doing now and again on msn (I think he though I was an alcoholic or something), but that was a lost cause. Haven't heard from him for a year. He's either doing something mediciney or ecconomecy at university in London somewhere. I think it's mediciney.
I have to admit, I'm a pretty lame student. Although it doesn't help that I don't even have any internet connection in my new flat yet! As for Nozza, I bumped into him at Kings Cross a few months back. I tried not to look awkward when shaking his hand, but deep down I was wondering what had been on it that day. I think he's studying over at St George's, the medical school.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: