Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wendy richards dead  (Read 4287 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 13:52:42 »

Someone dies before their time and you have no emotional response to that at all?  I find that quite strange.

I found myself starting to well up on the underground last night as I was reading about Ivan Cameron...and I don't consider myself to be emotionally incontinent either.  I just think it is possible to relate to someone's situation without actually knowing them personally.

I can honestly say that I don't really have any emotional response. I don't feel sad for everybody who dies, and I had more of a connection with Pauline Fowler than Wendy Richards, and one of them was fictional, and also died ages ago
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 13:53:18 »

No. It was an aggresive type apparently. Attacked her bones.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
spacey

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:24:00 »

If you felt sad about every person that died before their time then you'd spend your whole life a blubbering mess. I'm not going to get sad about some mediocre actress that starred in a couple of shit sitcoms and played a dull character in a soap. Where was Wendy Richards when my Gran died? Probably in the BBC canteen stuffing her face with cake and chips, the disrespectul bitch!
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:40:46 »

Wendy Richards collected toes. Both real and sculptured.
Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:47:15 »

Good innings and all that especially for a hardcore toker like Wendy.  If you hit 60 and have had good innings you can’t complain although it’s sad to see people of a certain generation start to drop off the edge

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:48:46 »

There should be a nationwide outpouring of synthetic grief like when Diana died, with dozens of no-marks being endlessly vox-popped by TV cameras to explain how they feel about this and how it's affected their lives (not at all), followed by a good two years of arse-tingling debate about a suitable national monument to the woman who was, to us all, always ready to be served, in so many ways. Then they finally make their minds up on a giant 60' concrete replica of Arthur's shed to go on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square, only to have it fall off after two days in a stiff breeze, slightly injuring a German tourist. Anything less would be disrespectful.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:50:08 »

I reckon she was murdered and it's a cover up.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:51:05 »

There should be a nationwide outpouring of synthetic grief like when Diana died, with dozens of no-marks being endlessly vox-popped by TV cameras to explain how they feel about this and how it's affected their lives (not at all), followed by a good two years of arse-tingling debate about a suitable national monument to the woman who was, to us all, always ready to be served, in so many ways. Then they finally make their minds up on a giant 60' concrete replica of Arthur's shed to go on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square, only to have it fall off after two days in a stiff breeze, slightly injuring a German tourist. Anything less would be disrespectful.

OMG you should have issued a warning to insert a Tena lady before reading that!  

sometimes I wish we had a weeing smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:55:55 »

Gay husband just asked me why I was laughing so cut and pasted him that - we are both now giggling our heads off!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:58:13 »

I too was embarrassed about the emotional flatulence that took hold when Diana went.  I wasn't suggesting for a second that we should call for a day of mourning for Wendy Richard.  I was just a little surprised at the 'no emotion' comments above when someone had just died of cancer.  Not suggested anyone should shed a tear.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 14:59:00 »

True Story.

When I first moved out of home 20 years ago I moved to Birmingham and I took a room in a house with a family I was going to be working close to. One day about 6 in the evening the doorbell went and I went to answer it and it was Wendy Richards. I was a little taken aback to say the least. she asked if Mary was in so I invited her and shouted up the stairs "Mary! Pauline Fowler is here."

They were old school buddies
nochee

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 15:14:41 »

True Story.

When I first moved out of home 20 years ago I moved to Birmingham and I took a room in a house with a family I was going to be working close to. One day about 6 in the evening the doorbell went and I went to answer it and it was Wendy Richards. I was a little taken aback to say the least. she asked if Mary was in so I invited her and shouted up the stairs "Mary! Pauline Fowler is here."

They were old school buddies

Same thing happened to me but with Elvis
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 15:17:59 »

Same thing happened to me but with Elvis

I'm confused. So Pauline Fowler went to school with Elvis and Mary?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:05:26 »

About a month after Elvis died, some one walked up to me and said "Elvis is losing weight". 

I am ashamed to say after a second or two to get the joke I laughed.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:29:11 »

I'm just watching the Wendy Richards "special" on BBC.  Quite a nice tribute that.  I never realised she went from Are you being served to Eastenders almost straight away. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: