Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ticket office parking warning  (Read 3756 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:09:16 »

I think that parking where you shouldn't and having a few beers before going to the football are very different things and trying to lump them together is a really bad way of making an argument.

As for the parking thing, drivers generally piss me off anyway. The way they seem to think they've got rights everywhere. Especially when they glare at me when I'm using crossings and stuff. Just makes me walk slower on Zebra crossing you cunt.

For that reason I fully support the "jobsworth" who does their job by giving you a ticket where you shouldn't have parked.
Sussex

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:12:36 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
For that reason I fully support the "jobsworth" who does their job by giving you a ticket where you shouldn't have parked.

Think you'd probably make a good parking warden Ben!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:13:02 »

I think that parking where you shouldn't and having a few beers before going to the football are very different things and trying to lump them together is a really bad way of making an argument.

As for the parking thing, drivers generally piss me off anyway. The way they seem to think they've got rights everywhere. Especially when they glare at me when I'm using crossings and stuff. Just makes me walk slower on Zebra crossing you cunt.

Dodging the Magic Roundabout on match day?  Cheesy
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:14:19 »

The point is Ben,  that you can't use the 'rules are rules' argument and then treat it as an a la carte menu as you see fit. Batch rightly pointed out that common sense comes into play in certain situations, after all the HMRC have certain rules about paying tax on time... er need I go further?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:18:58 »

Quote from: "Homer"
or in your case stop being a pikey and pay the £1 or whatever it is to park.

Bollocks to that. I'll park t'other side of the bollards where it's outside the pay and display remit.

Rules may be rules, but to target people for something so petty as a 2 minute stop in an empty car park is purely and simply jobsworth/money making. End of story.

If I leave my car there, if I park on double yellows, or in a disabled bay then I expect to be done. It's easy to define a line between common sense and taking the piss. 10 minutes. There, job done.
==
Also, if you had a disabled passenger then it was twattish not to display the blue badge.
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:19:48 »

Exactly, and the common sense thing to do in the parking situation is to get a ticket. It's one of your responsibilities as a driver.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:20:45 »

You are "fun bobby" from friends (erm, my misses told me about him). This must be a sober moment right now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:21:44 »

Exactly, and the common sense thing to do in the parking situation is to get a ticket. It's one of your responsibilities as a driver.

Aha, you are  Fishing.

It will probably take longer to walk to the parking meter than get a matchday ticket you fucking parking nazi.
flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:34:04 »

semii-fishing maybe. Drivers moaning about stuff do my head in. I'll give you that the parking tickets moan isn't as bad as the speed camera or I deserve cheap petrol ones, but it still does my head in.

Council/whoever run car park. Want you to pay to park there. You don't want to pay but park there anyway. "I don't deserve a ticket" you cry angrily.

Doesn't really work.

It's like me deciding I'm allowed into a night club for free and then complaining when I get kicked out by the bouncers.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:47:45 »

"Breakdown" on the magic roundabout for a few minutes, just pop the hazards on.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:51:23 »

semii-fishing maybe. Drivers moaning about stuff do my head in. I'll give you that the parking tickets moan isn't as bad as the speed camera or I deserve cheap petrol ones, but it still does my head in.

Council/whoever run car park. Want you to pay to park there. You don't want to pay but park there anyway. "I don't deserve a ticket" you cry angrily.

Doesn't really work.

It's like me deciding I'm allowed into a night club for free and then complaining when I get kicked out by the bouncers.

You only hate drivers beacause you are too poor to own a car.

Nasty thing , envy
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:52:31 »

Doesn't really work.

Fucking layabouts who can't be bothered to learn to drive, then whinge about people who drive, do my head in.

Wink
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:53:44 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

Doesn't really work.

You only hate drivers beacause you are too poor to own a car.

Nasty thing , envy

He sounds like a cyclist - the ones that still use the road even though there's cycle path next to them!

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 13:55:19 »

Im just going to say that I NEVER will pay to park my car whilst purchasing STFC tickets and I dont care who likes it or not!
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 14:04:28 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Im just going to say that I NEVER will pay to park my car whilst purchasing STFC tickets and I dont care who likes it or not!

You're worse than Hitler, thicko  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: