Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: smokers  (Read 3194 times)

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 22:47:14 »

will the new laws and regulations inspire you to quit?
go on,do it, you know you want to Wink

anyway,where's that spliff gone?
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 22:54:23 »

I had a moment to myself last night, when, at just gone 2pm in the vic, I took my last drag and put out the cigarette. Looking around I realised that other people were still smoking. Could I get away with another cigarette? Yes. But you can only have one last inside a pub cigarette. So I called it quits, said my goodbyes and walked out into the rain.

Today was a bit annoying for having to go outside. Sure it'll be less lonesome when there are more people about. It's when we get to September-ish time that it's going to get tougher.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:03:02 »

Im having a crack at quitting again.

I was able to smoke sat in front of my PC at work so the ban has done me a bit of a favoue to be honest.

/
W56196272
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:04:40 »

Ive been on the patches for 2 days. It's a little wierd I must say

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:12:07 »

i don't know. i've got about three ciggies left in my car but i never smoke at home, only at college (banned), the pub (banned), football (banned) and occasionally in the car.

we're not even allowed to smoke in our own cars if they're parked on college property, which is absurd
TheKingCY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:13:09 »

Fuck smokers.  All cunts anyway...

My local put peanuts on the bar.  Some fucking replacement that was!!

eality is just an illusion caused by lack of alcohol...
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:13:47 »

were they expecting elephants?
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 1, 2007, 23:15:09 »

Smiley

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 00:45:01 »

I've only ever had one cigarette in my life, and i dont see the reasons why many peole like smoking.  

Pretty much every one else in my family (parents, cousins, uncles, aunties) all smoke, yet both me and my brother are the only ones who dont

Smoking is one of them habits which i never understand.  Whats the big attraction from having a fag ?  Does it relieve stress ? Is it just something to put in your mouth when your bored ?

:?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 01:40:13 »

Nah it just makes you look dead tough.

/
W56196272
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 08:19:52 »

It hasn't changed me, although i will now think about giving up just to fuck everyone off. After all everyone giving up creates a massive tax blackhole which everyone then has to cover.

The government don't want people to give up, as they pay the treasury too much. Amusingly, when everyone has given up every whinger will have to cover the tax shortfall therefore increasing there own tax burden and reducing smokers'.

So non-smokers, less tax and smokers around or more tax and no smokers? Very clever.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 08:24:13 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
It hasn't changed me, although i will now think about giving up just to fuck everyone off. After all everyone giving up creates a massive tax blackhole which everyone then has to cover.

The government don't want people to give up, as they pay the treasury too much. Amusingly, when everyone has given up every whinger will have to cover the tax shortfall therefore increasing there own tax burden and reducing smokers'.

So non-smokers, less tax and smokers around or more tax and no smokers? Very clever.

Putting another spin on that...

Less smokers equals less of a burden on the NHS, so would mean less tax needed to fund it.

Less heart disease, lung cancer, emphesyma (sp) etc.etc,etc.

Fuck it, I might even try and give up myself Cheesy

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 09:00:36 »

ive given up 2 days so far
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 09:03:51 »

The patches actually work... I'm quite impressed.

Day 3 and i feel better in general. Less tired, I don't smell, I can actually breath a little easier, no stress (though haven't been back to work, yet!), and only mild cravings when seeing someone have a cigarette.

Apart from the thick green shit I'm coughing up, the fucked ups dreams, unsettled sleep and missing the actually smoking ritual...

all's fucking gravy.

STFCDude2

« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 09:05:51 »

The funny thing is, the changes dont take effect until March 2008 over here, so smokers still have several months of sitting in the pub puffing away to their hearts content!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: