Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v AFC Wimbledon  (Read 23600 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 20:50:50 »

A man a couple of seats down from me watched the second half drinking a bottle of carling. A good move considering how shit we were

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 21:54:44 »

Speaking to Luke Williams pre match he made it clear that there is great pressure on him with regards to loan players and the contracts clearly protect parent clubs etc and will specify things like minimum number of minutes played etc etc

Ok, I get that and in NO way is this a slur against you as you are relaying info that a lot of fans won't know believe it or not. However, why the fuck are we so reliant on loan players which hamstring us in so many ways? Clearly the last two seasons have shown the 'Swindon Way' is flawed and the season of the playoff defeat to PNE was fortuitous in so many ways. It is like buying a property, freehold or leasehold? Even with leasehold you don't own the land and are to an extent beholden to your landlord. However you dress this up, Power is using the club up as a minimum investment maximum return investment vehicle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 21:59:29 »

my view is he thinks he'll get better players on the cheap.

personally i think we end up trying to bed in academy reject crap  that are a couple of seasons off, that's​ if they even make it.

then we need bailing out by 'better' loans in January.

false economy
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 22:12:56 »

However you dress this up, Power is using the club up as a minimum investment maximum return investment vehicle.

This comment is spot on- exactly what he is doing. And his "model" looks like it's gonna cost us dear

He will not care however- if he remains next season whatever league were in don't expect to see any changes to the recruitment policy and how the club is run.

Power cares not one jot about STFC is only using us to service his bank account
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 08:20:46 »

A man a couple of seats down from me watched the second half drinking a bottle of carling. A good move considering how shit we were
He might have done better to have drunk a bottle of vodka, ideally laced with arsenic.  Poor Christy must have endured a torrid afternoon with his granola.
scillyred

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 08:35:29 »

Waterford FC are top of the league so it is not all bad  Pint
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 08:47:28 »

All on at Waterford at the moment- until Power realises his Europa dream won't come off and he will sell them down the river as well

Makes a mockery of the fit and proper persons test
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 09:18:39 »

Ajose and Thomas were utterly useless. Thomas, in fact, was a complete liability. Branco and Conroy both did well and I can see these two being useful in L2 next season. Regardless though, we should have won the game. Wimbledon were absolute turd. Barnett looks even worse than Norris!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 09:19:29 »

What injury does Nathan have ?

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 09:20:57 »

What injury does Nathan have ?

Heel i think
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 09:42:03 »

Also, and sorry if this has already been mentioned, but why were we wearing red shorts?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10:00:23 »

Also, and sorry if this has already been mentioned, but why were we wearing red shorts?

Couldnt afford the daz stain remover for the white shorts
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10:33:03 »

Interesting debate about loan players, I guess the key is getting a good balance.

How do you think City would have done this season without Abraham's goals.

To me the key is to loan players that you may be able to sign if they are decent or get a quality player that can have an immediate impact that you couldn't afford to sign otherwise.

I can't imagine anyone would have complained if we had signed Ince on loan for the season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10:40:52 »

if we had the squad we have now from august i think we'd be lower mid table.

if we'd have kept doughty we'd be even better.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10:46:13 »

Barnett looks even worse than Norris!

Tyrone has certainly piled on the pounds - if they want a fat immobile target man they should have stuck with Akinfenwa.

Talking of Norris. If he had anything about him at all he would have set up the winning goal for 1 of the 3 men waiting in the area for a decent cross rather than produce a completely useless effort that was neither cross nor shot

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: