Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45287 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:04:04 »

We scored from a "half chance" and no one knows who owns us! Haha
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:06:42 »

[url width=300 height=199]http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/resources/images/197959/?type=display[/url]

International Man of Mystery.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:11:13 »

Another couple of odd ref decisions I do find strange:
  1. When Wes took a whack he threw the ball out. I didn't hear the ref's whistle before yet he gave an (uncontested) drop ball?
  2. When Devera and Risser twatted each other they should have gone off, right? I thought the only reason you didn't is if the goalkeeper was involved.

I couldn’t believe these decisions either, we benefited massively from the 2nd one.

Agree with comments about Pack and their left back.  Anyone who keeps Ritchie in his back pocket must have something about him.

Overall today I really enjoyed us being in a real tough battle and coming out on top, feels a bit more satisfying than a routine win.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:15:22 »

Numb came to a job on us and very nearly pulled it off.

I thought they were shit when we Played them on their dung heap but they are not in their league position by fluke and were a much stronger unit but still happy to bully and put the boot in as they did way back at the start of the season.

My main points are:

Weak ref who had to grow a pair as Nam started the usual tactics and tricks.  How he gave that pen is beyond me....I will have to see it again tonight but my first thought was he backed in waving his arms about and fell down.....shite.....get out jail card when foods saved it.

Great goal....Benson has been a real gem for us.

Disappointed that we seemed to fall into the trap of playing Nams game, all high balls and hopeful lunks down the wings.

We had a couple of good shots but the game just dragged out with Chelts threatening without the final ball and we ran into one another.....in the end we held on....thank fuck...a priceless three points.

As for the new man Twooy, the jury will be out for a while yet.  A bloke who looks a bit like a smaller Chief from the good old days...held the ball up well and had a good touch but didnt seem too agile and off the pace....i question why we have signed another striker at this stage of the season in the first place...is there any need now?  Connell must be well fucked off!

4 points from Crewe and Torquay and we will be almost there.

Players look as if they could do with the rest....

Clems Army!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:18:51 »

Batch - I think you were more than fair and very polite on their forum - they were just twats.

Right everyone all together :

"you got two pages on your thread, you got two pages on your thread..............."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:23:13 »

Some more pure sour grapes on the nest, the Cheltnumb forum....

Don't forget to bathe and shower to scrub that Swindon filth off, you might smell for another week or two.

Swindon were simply AWFUL, we gave then too much respect if the first 45min, if there was any justice we would have been coming home with the three points. Swindon will not win the title, its between us and Shrewsbury.

Or when two Swindon players receive treatment in final minute, throw to us to hurl into the box, yet neither goes off. Another homer ref.

Great effort from our boys. Duffy was the best AND worst player on the pitch!!

On the plus side, we outplayed them and looked the better/stronger team.
Di Canio was always going to try and get under our skin, and at the end he showed what a tosser he is, if we'd have "won the league" today as he has said, then Yates wouldn't have celebrated to their fans.

We were the better team

Must have been at a different game to you. Swindon edged the first half? Why? Because you scored from your only half chance? We spent the entire first half in the final third. Second half there was very little between the teams as Swindon started playing high ball after high ball.

On another day it could have been 2 or 3 to us and I doubt Swindon would have much to complain about.

Have to agree that Bags looked lost when he came on. McGlashan was a danger each time he got on the ball first half and Pack ran the game in the second. Duffy got into the positions but for whatever reason didn't produce an end result.

Someone also needs to tell the MoM that the wee semi-circle at the edge of the box is not an area you can handle the ball in.

The ref was a disgrace. If the physio has to come on the players have to go off before being allowed back on.
That was a reply to batch who I though behaved quite well on there TBH not taking the piss as he could (and maybe should) have done.

Swindon the worst team you have seen this season, they even made the sheds look good.

You (Swindon) won't win the title.

Grow up, tw@t... You make all Swindon fans look idiots. Embarrass yourself... Not everybody else.

Same old swindon,all mouth on a internet forum

How are Swindon top...?

Bitter lot aren't they, we had a bad day at the office and still beat them, tough fucking tits.

Seems like everyone THINKS they are better than us even though they lose, boo fucking hoo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:25:56 »

Fuck 'em. The table doesn't lie.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:26:42 »

I think I upset one of their coaching staff today. As he made his way to the TV gantry in the DRS for the second half I asked him if they practiced diving a lot.

Suffice it to say he had a little bite Smiley

As someone else said I would have had some sympathy with them leaving empty handed if they hadn't been such a bunch of diving/whingeing fuckers.

Even better that they are down to 4th with a tough run of games coming up, Best team in this division my arse
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:27:08 »

Some more pure sour grapes on the nest, the Cheltnumb forum....
 That was a reply to batch who I though behaved quite well on there TBH not taking the piss as he could (and maybe should) have done.

Bitter lot aren't they, we had a bad day at the office and still beat them, tough fucking tits.

Seems like everyone THINKS they are better than us even though they lose, boo fucking hoo.

They must be doing well though, they turned up with more than 400 fans....the usual embarrasment of an away following..

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:30:53 »

They must be doing well though, they turned up with more than 400 fans....the usual embarrasment of an away following..

They were bloody quiet though !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:34:40 »

Brilliant.

Every team comes away moaning about how rubbish we were and how animated Di Canio is.

It seems like we're the only people who have actually come to the realization that we're much too good for this league. No one else seems to have noticed.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #371 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:39:23 »

Brilliant.

Every team comes away moaning about how rubbish we were and how animated Di Canio is.

It seems like we're the only people who have actually come to the realization that we're much too good for this league. No one else seems to have noticed.
I actually quite like the way opposition fans moan and bitch. We must be luckiest team alive at the moment. Every other team in the play offs are "better than us" and there we are romping the fucking thing. Lucky, luucky Swindon. Lucky we've only conceded in 4 home games this season and only once since October - how lucky can you get. the team today cheated a penatly and missed it - how fucking lucky. Crawley are the best team in this league and yet somewhow we're 15 points clear. nam are the best team in thisa league but we're only 9 points clear of them.
At least Torquay, Southend and the Shrews are keeping their heads down and getting on with it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:39:28 »

We weren't anywhere near as good as we could be today.

This is probably not surprising, considering we've played Saturday-Tuesday for four straight weeks, were missing our captain and one of our best players, with another first teamer (Flint) also out injured, meaning we had a central midfielder at Right Back and another at Centre Back.

All that being the case, we just beat the team second in the league who think they're the best in this Division. Which frankly, is fucking brilliant.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:40:34 »

I think I upset one of their coaching staff today. As he made his way to the TV gantry in the DRS for the second half I asked him if they practiced diving a lot.

Suffice it to say he had a little bite Smiley

Ha ha, good work there.

They were bloody quiet though !!

That's the shock of leaving Cheltscum (see What I did there? Because they are Cheltenham, but I called the Cheltscum...genius on the DiC*ntio scale).

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 20:54:21 »

Just seen the highlights on SSN. Not a penalty but would have been shouting if the situation had been reversed.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: