Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1210069 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7155 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 23:16:21 »

not really. teachers have famalies and need holidays too.

maybe it could be shortened, but you can't scrap it

Oh I get that. I know several teachers both my age that have been teaching for around 10 years now as well as quite good friends with some teachers I was taught by. Which is why I suggested extending the Autumn Break (to two weeks) and Winter Break (to three weeks) to compensate for working the Summer (or maybe some of it, possible a four or three week Summer Break).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Hunk

« Reply #7156 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 07:23:46 »

Oh I get that. I know several teachers both my age that have been teaching for around 10 years now as well as quite good friends with some teachers I was taught by. Which is why I suggested extending the Autumn Break (to two weeks) and Winter Break (to three weeks) to compensate for working the Summer (or maybe some of it, possible a four or three week Summer Break).

I’m a teacher and on first glance I don’t find that an unreasonable suggestion
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7157 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 08:01:20 »

I’d suggested similar to bamboo before, albeit a little different in that just knock the whole thing on the head for 2 months now and pick up again in April, working through summer, with a 2 week holiday in July to compensate.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7158 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 12:18:14 »

the EU are about to play hardball over the vaccine contract and will limit exports to outside the EU while they're owed their own supplies.

no doubt this will be twisted by the media,  but if the shoe was in the other foot we'd do the same.
-----+++-+-----
Mrs B is getting her first vaccine jab tomorrow. I've requested her superpower be wings of a sparrow and arse of a crow
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7159 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 12:47:49 »

the EU are about to play hardball over the vaccine contract and will limit exports to outside the EU while they're owed their own supplies.

no doubt this will be twisted by the media,  but if the shoe was in the other foot we'd do the same.
-----+++-+-----
Mrs B is getting her first vaccine jab tomorrow. I've requested her superpower be wings of a sparrow and arse of a crow

No doubt the destination of her maiden flight is clear to us all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #7160 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 12:57:20 »

No doubt the destination of her maiden flight is clear to us all.
💩😁👍
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7161 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 13:15:44 »

Way beyond my pay grade but quite an interesting read. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1354995265426616321.html

Rather counters the idea that ‘Oh, the UK was unlucky with the variant, poor Boris Johnson is just a victim of circumstances’. Those circumstances were created by the failures of the UK government.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7162 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:45:49 »

My first jab next Tuesday at Steam.

ust be the oldest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7163 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:47:32 »

Happy days and you get to see some steam trains too, win win!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7164 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:14:58 »

Happy days and you get to see some steam trains too, win win!

Thank you horlock, my name's on the previous workers commemoration board there. I was a fitter on steam trains and diesels as it happens.

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7165 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:16:40 »

Way beyond my pay grade but quite an interesting read. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1354995265426616321.html

Rather counters the idea that ‘Oh, the UK was unlucky with the variant, poor Boris Johnson is just a victim of circumstances’. Those circumstances were created by the failures of the UK government.
With over 100,000 dead, a litany of U-turns and clear failures every step along the way, that's not even a discussion any more surely?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7166 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:20:51 »

Brilliant, good to hear. My folks got their yesterday
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7167 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:23:26 »

Couple of new vaccines announced, one of which is single jab, can be stored in a fridge, and 100% effective in preventing deaths. We should have it by the Autumn.

All of which means that Harrogate away next season is ON.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7168 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:57:28 »

Brilliant, good to hear. My folks got their yesterday

I wonder if anyone on here knows of anyone who has tested positive for antibodies after contracting Covid?  My wife still has antibodies from our April disease as tested in GWH, but I don't know if I have antibodies, it's interesting isn't it? 

ust be the oldest
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7169 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 11:03:37 »

no doubt this will be twisted by the media,  but if the shoe was in the other foot we'd do the same.
-----+++-+-----

Aunty Ursula has made a grovelling phone call to Boris and sent in the storm troopers to the unelected Bureacrats who tried to ride roughshod over the NI protocol art16. Didn’t take em long did it?
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: