Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Evans (again)  (Read 2061 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 16:24:20 »

According to the OS (Rochdale preview) Paul Evans has now returned to training. Will need a couple of reserve fixtures to get fit and then could make a return to the first team.

Great news  Beers
magic8ball

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 17:04:39 »

Could be vital in the last few games...
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:16:15 »

Could be fucking distarous, our midfield has done well thet last 3 games and he'll be miles off match fit.

Unless we struggle he shouldn't play.
glos_robin

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:19:06 »

Norris said pook was rubbish and a passenger today in the commentary so Evans lacking match fitness could still be a better option, bit of proper midfield experience could be crucial
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:20:51 »

Of course, he's quality and has the know-how but if he can't give 100% is he better than a Weston or a Pook, I don't think he would be.
glos_robin

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:24:20 »

True I just think even a 70% fit Evans would still be our best midfielder

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:26:02 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
True I just think even a 70% fit Evans would still be our best midfielder

no way 90% plus or no play
glos_robin

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 21:28:05 »

70% is still much fitter than any of our players were last season though Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 22:17:32 »

I agree, he has to be fit to play. But his eye for goal and ability to break up play are incredible. Not worth risking but if fit could be a big diffference
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2007, 07:19:32 »

I'm sure Sturrock wouldn't risk him if he didn't think he could make a difference, but even ocming on as a sub for the last 20 mins though might be the way to go.
mattboyslim

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2007, 07:40:35 »

It's nice to know that - worst case scenario - the play-offs we have Evans seemingly fresh and fit.  It'd be nice to see him haev a run out for the last couple of matches and then hopefully keep him on next season - because IMHO the little I've seen of him (having missed the first month of the season) he'll be a huge influence whatever division we're in.

It's no real surprise to see how much we appear to have struggled at times when we're missing our best keeper defender and midfielder and have alrgely lacked a talismanic forward for much fo the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2007, 08:06:52 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Of but if he can't give 100% is he better than a Weston or a Pook, I don't think he would be.

Weston, I forgot about him. Seems unlikely to play for us again barring an injury crisis, though you never know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: