Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20181 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 13:35:51 »

The problem I see us running into in future this season is we are mostly a team full of youngsters in their first full season of games at any level with playing games sat / tues will take their toll

We are possibly seeing this with a few youngsters at the moment but we do not have the experienced pro's to be able to help them through games offer little words of advice and encouragment or even the extra bodies to be able to give them a reat and a bit of time out of the spotlight to recover.

How is Ranger unfit after 3 weeks out, he's been back training for a week surely I assuming during his time out he didn't look after himself, although nothing says he should be able to clear off and then return and walk straight back in this would send out the wrong message
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 13:38:26 »

316 town fans amongst an attendance of 2868  Roll Eyes
How do they survive
314 of them by taking a packed lunch.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 13:40:47 »

The problem I see us running into in future this season is we are mostly a team full of youngsters in their first full season of games at any level with playing games sat / tues will take their toll

We are possibly seeing this with a few youngsters at the moment but we do not have the experienced pro's to be able to help them through games offer little words of advice and encouragment or even the extra bodies to be able to give them a reat and a bit of time out of the spotlight to recover.

How is Ranger unfit after 3 weeks out, he's been back training for a week surely I assuming during his time out he didn't look after himself, although nothing says he should be able to clear off and then return and walk straight back in this would send out the wrong message
I think we are taking Cooper too literally.

I think Rangers 'punishment' is to do several lots of 'double training' sessions and to make sure he turns up when he's supposed to. If he does, I think Cooper has said he will consider him. If he doesn't then he won't play.

Its the kind of tactics that parents use with their kids!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 13:58:14 »

I think I got charged £8 for a cheese and onion pastie and chips. I didn't think about it at the time but I think I got ripped off!

We got charged £5 for pie and chips by the young girl. Maybe she hasn't learnt the art of fleecing people yet. She was quite busy getting additional chip supplies in a Tupperware box from God knows where.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 15:25:21 »

That gravy is toxic, I wont go into details, but it hasn't changed it's constitution during the last 16 hours or so... as an aside did anyone see Yaser at the end chatting with someone and handing his shirt over? Oh finally, in case any reading thanks to the family that found my wallet and gave it back to me. I'd have been royally screwed without that on the way home.

How ungrateful! That was a freebie! Although the coffee wasn't much better!  Head Hurts
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 15:31:51 »

I couldn't see why our 'goal' wasn't given - thought it must have gone into the side netting at the time. Now seen the highlights and the handball decision was harsh. Certainly no intent, but refs often go by if an advantage was gained or not (wrongly). Byrne's second booking was not even a foul. Thanks Wooly by the way for posting the link.
Whilst the game wasn't pretty, I think Cooper has to be given credit for being prepared to try something completely different in formation over the Colchester and Crawley games. He realised there was a problem away from home and has tried to deal with it by thinking out of the box which has resulted in us getting 4 away points in two games. I can't see how 4-6-0 can work, but at least Cooper has an open mind.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 17:39:33 »

With 4 players in mid midfield we saw very little of the ball in that area in the first half.Much better with the introduction of Pritchard and Mason and I thought Ajose was very good but hard to praise anybody else other than Wes,both Thompsons,Luongo,Harley and N'Guessan particularly poor for me.The most bizarre atmosphere I think I've ever witnessed at a pro match.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 17:43:01 »

Not always as simple as that
I left work at 1.30 and wasnt hungry - on coach at half 3 which arrived at Crawley around 6.
Nowhere outside of ground to get anything and after an hour and half in Redz bar was starving  Hmmm

Not a lot of choice then

To be fair the Chicken Balti pie in the bar was one of the best I have ever had at a footer match.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 17:51:26 »

Enjoyable evening marred by the 90 minutes of football.

Not sure about how as soon as something works once (3-5-2 against Rotherham, 4-6-0 against Col U) it's rolled out every game - there's something to be said for tailoring your approach to the specific game. Certainly made for a dour spectacle with no one to really get the ball to in central positions. Thankfully Crawley were no better.

Having said that we had a 15 minute spell before N'Guessan went off where we looked more like the incisive footballing side of earlier in the season, just couldn't get a goal. Thought DNG and Harley both had good games, as did Byrne before he got sent off.

Warmest I've ever been at Crawley though, which was a plus.
I would much rather that than sticking to the same formation every game, a la Hart, Wilson, Sturrock etc.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 17:57:17 by Empathy Sloth » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 18:04:00 »

With 4 players in mid midfield we saw very little of the ball in that area in the first half.Much better with the introduction of Pritchard and Mason and I thought Ajose was very good but hard to praise anybody else other than Wes,both Thompsons,Luongo,Harley and N'Guessan particularly poor for me.The most bizarre atmosphere I think I've ever witnessed at a pro match.

The atmosphere was dreadful. Not a peep from Crawley the whole match.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 18:21:04 »

Byrnes tackle looks like he got the ball then the striker ran into his foot, never a second yellow considering how close D'Urso was

Listening on the radio I was quite annoyed with Byrne at the time for being so stupid as to lunge into a tackle when already on a yellow, but having seen it no way was it even a foul let alone a booking. The ref can't even say that he was showing his studs - his foot never left the ground. The handball given against Ajose was a joke as well.

More than a hint of sarcasm in Cooper's comments on the ref after the game...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 18:54:10 »

They just showed the disallowed goal, and the one that hit the post. Seen handball given like that before, seen them not given. It was certainly not intentional though. Its flicked up and hit his hand.

They didn't show the "Nathan Coyne" sending off.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:02:33 »

One I linked earlier shows the red card etc
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:05:04 »

'Handball' not deliberate and Byrne won the ball. Stupid fucking ref.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:13:22 »

One I linked earlier shows the red card etc

Thanks, missed the like.

Never a booking, D'Urso is a real C'unt.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: