Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you think we'll finish?  (Read 20170 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 19:34:50 »

Good point well made. This is much nicer than that horrible shouty Amy Winehouse thread Cool
Glad to be of assistance.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 19:44:42 »

I'm even tempted to stick a twenty on us winning it, and I'm not really a gambling man
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 20:21:59 »

Top 3 (possibly winners) and final of the JPT

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 01:12:10 »

Its clear as mud really. Not like when we signed Greer (who we knew was quality) and Jonathon Douglas and we (well I) remmembered him battering our midfield for a 10 man Leeds side.

Like Reg said, it could depend on how Di Canio responds to defeat. I think our start is very tough, and Ive been panicking about the club getting some quality since the fixtures came out.

Losing to Brighton last season looked like a bad result at the time, but of course they went on to be runaway league winners. We could get something similar this season with Crewe who are unfancied but they are no mugs. Ignoring City, we then go to Cheltenham, a ground where we have never won and then straight into the Pox game, a game Di Canio is obviously hell bent on winning for the fans. We cant rely on the Pox being shite this time. Losing to the Pox would be a big problem, for the players and the fans, especially with the stupid matchday prices.

Well....this just killed all my optimism. Gunna be a lot harder than i imagined  Bad Mood, Suppose i shouldn't expect less from my beloved STFC Cheesy
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 09:01:08 »

Reckon it will be more difficult than most people think.

Home -I reckon we should be O.K. and the football will lead to a few wins.
Away - unknown. I guess early games we will see how we handle the big physical sides.

Div 2 football is not pretty. At least we look fit and ready and look more of a "team."
However these lads are untried in Div 2.

Top 6 I reckon but difficult to call.
With us : Crawley, Rovers, Gills, Pox.

Looking forward to it now especially ther Pox game that should be a good crowd.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 09:43:05 »

Very excited about the coming season and very optomistic that Di Canio knows what he is doing. This season is shit or bust for us and the minimum must be play offs, which I think we should do reasonably easily. Ice on cake will be automatic promotion which has to be possible given the effort on signing players. The crowds should be good for the first few games in anticipation of seeing what`s going on under Di Canio. Beat Crewe, draw at Cheltenham, sets up Oxford nicely....beat these and we are off............

Can`t wait, most excited I have been for ages, feels like we`ve been promoted Hmmm

Bathtime
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 09:55:06 »

I'm not too sure what to expect in the league but got this feeling we are going to win the JPT.The managment havn't taken it seriously in recent years but just think this year will be different.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 10:16:12 »

I really don't care about the JPT.

Like most here I'm excited but uncertain about what the season will bring in the league.
We appear to have invested in building a squad that will get us back up at the first time of asking but there is so much unknown about them that its difficult to make any realistic predictions.
I think that not getting promoted would be viewed as a failure and I don't really want to think about what could then happen in the following years.
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 10:31:30 »

The league is by far and away the standout priority. For me a distant second would be the JPT. The League Cup and FAC competitions are just showgames for us now, no importance at all.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 10:37:06 by Spencer_White » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 10:33:34 »

Agree they are not of importance as such just get the impression that dicanio will view that differently.
Spencer_White

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 11:00:59 »

The shame of it was we were nearly there 18 months ago in terms of getting to a level where you can make a real go of the major Cup competitions. If Charlie Austin had been able to play against Fulham instead of that useless twat Ben Hutchinson I think we could well have taken Fulham to a replay, we just had no threat up front that day. Then after that game we had blistering form for the next 3 months that could have put us on the national sports agenda.

Now we are back down here they have no relevance again. If Di Canio doesnt know it then he will when he see's our first home attendances for the FAC.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 11:10:36 by Spencer_White » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 17:59:38 »

We'll win the League by Christmas.

Final of the League Cup, Semi Finalists of The FA Cup and get knocked out of the JPT in the first round.

That's my modest expectations.

Thought we had a bye in the JPT ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 18:12:34 »

Thought we had a bye in the JPT ?

We have. I still expect us to be knocked out though.

It's All Good..............
barry85

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 19:36:09 »

I've put money on us to finish 1st, even tho I dont think we will!  12-1 just had to be taken.

I think we'll rprobably end up between the play offs and mid-table.  Too many things have changed at the club and it will prob take 4-5 months 4 things to settle down.

Deffo excited tho!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 20:00:11 »

What are the odds on us to the win the league now? Fancy a bet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: