Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you think we'll finish?  (Read 20109 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 09:04:11 »

We will win the league at a canter. So much so i'm prepared to say there will be at least a 15 point gap between us and whoever comes second.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 09:10:59 »

Moved from the prediction league forum.

Love Samdy x
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 10:26:21 »

Not sure what to think at the moment. We all thought we'd do well last season and how wrong were we all? For this reason it's firmly feet on the ground for me.

When you look at our squad though it's not bad. I actually think (assuming McCormack and Esajas sign) we have the best midfield in the league on paper. It looks very strong with players who have played a lot of games and also games at a higher level. The quality is there.

For me it's all about the defence and strikeforce. At the moment the strikeforce probably looks a little light so we'll need to defend pretty well to win games assuming we don't score many goals. The defence is a bit of a mixed bag. Caddis is a good RB, Comazzi is unknown in England, Devera has experience but can be mistake prone according to Barnet fans and Kennedy is not really the finished article yet. We don't have a lot of solid back up on that. Flint should do well at this level and probably Manks but again the Italian dude is unknown and Thompson is young and inexperienced.

A lot if going to depend on how well the team gels, how well it copes with the style of the division, how the foreign players settle in and adapt to the English game, how Paolo's tactics work or dont work, how much of influence and a good manager Paolo is. So for me with all that in mind it's anyones guess.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 10:36:47 »

Interesting to see that 'Agent Darren' or whatever he calls himself now has claimed he's putting £100 on us this year. Whether taht's because he's in the know, or because he's got rose-tinted specs with regards to the players he's been involved with remains to be seen.

I do think that those writing us off already are incredibly premature, and probably a little naive. We have signed some decent players, some who could come good, and some who remain complete unknowns. Given that Di Canio seems very clear on what he wants in a player and he's got us playing effectively as a team, I'm fairly confident.

I still don't know if that means we'll be pushing for the title or fighting for a spot in the play-offs though.
MichaelLandon

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 13:17:57 »

I'm quietly confident this year. I really think we have the potential to win the league. It just depends on how we meet this potential.

Are midfield has to be the best in the league surely? Right now Ferry, who two years ago was a great player in league 1, is struggling to get into the team. Smith sounds like he'll be quite impressive and know the lower English leagues well. Risser is someone I'm truly excited about, never seen him play but how Gary Rose and PDC talk about him he sounds the business, and a right bruiser. Esajas has played in the championship and by most accounts was quite good there. We all know Ritchie is the shit. And you still have reliable squad players such as Atiku and Timlin.

Our defence and strikers are a bit more intresting. Italian left back doesn't seem to be blowing anyone out of the water but hopefully can be solid but then apparently Kennedy has has a good pre season and whenever i have seen him play before I thought he showed potential. Right back - Caddis is quality player and should do fine, he's kind of small but then Amankwhahahaha could also cover. As for our two centre backs Comazzi seems to have had a respectable career and s apparently a bit of a leader and Devera has played in the league already and was Barnets player of the season (for two years was it?) and sounds good again from pre season.

Upfront i think this Alan Connell looks good and scored for fun last year in a similar league. De vita has had a decent record in Scotland , not sure how that translates to L2 but can't be much worse. As for Keith (I'm calling the Algerian Keith) I have no idea what to expect, youtube looks promising but then If you edited and cleverly cut videos of me in bed i may look like a decent lover.

Overall I think our team is coming on nicely, I am truly excited for this season and think we're a player or two away from being contenders. Bring on the season Smiley

EDIT: Keepers - Smith is more than capable at the level and so if the new kid beats him in to the no 1 spot then that can only be good.....

Sorry for the long post Sad
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 13:22:34 »

I've had a fiver each way at 10/1 for us to win the league.

Saying that, I also put a bet on us to win the league last season and Austin to be top scorer, so perhaps i've put the kiss of death on our season Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 13:29:38 »

I'm baffled that people know how good our squad is when loads of em we aint even seen play.
The truth is we aint got a clue if they are going to be any good or not.
I'm putting my faith in Di canio and in that alone.
MichaelLandon

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 13:35:10 »

I'm baffled that people know how good our squad is when loads of em we aint even seen play.

Not sayin i know how good they are. I'm saying im excited and that i feel from what has been said throughout the pre season there seems to be quality in the squad. But in all fairness it could be hugely wrong
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 14:02:54 »

I share this opinion.
Barry Scott

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 14:04:09 »

I share this opinion.

I would also like to add my agreement and would likewise like to do it without the single word "this".
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 15:07:52 »

Well frankly, I find that quite baffling  Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 15:09:13 »

I would also like to add my agreement and would likewise like to do it without the single word "this".

I hate that actually ('this', I mean) I used it once. I wished i hadn't. I felt dirty afterwards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 15:27:05 »

The logical view is a train crash of a season ahead....let's hope logic is turned on its head.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 15:29:22 »

I hate that actually ('this', I mean) I used it once. I wished i hadn't. I felt dirty afterwards.

This  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 15:33:43 »

The logical view is a train crash of a season ahead....let's hope logic is turned on its head.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: