Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town set to trim their squad  (Read 28130 times)

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:59:01 »

Risser trains hard and is on a bloody low wage. Not a great player but will be used as a example as to if you adhere to paolos way train hard do what your told and keep fit you will be given a fair chance

Unless your name is Alan Connell  Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:11:00 »

I just had someone tell me that Alan Connell was a striker the same class as Charlie Austin

Fucking hell

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:22:25 »

As he was continually overlooked by Di canio in league 2 it was blatantly obvious he had it all to do if he was kept on.
Nice guy,did his job to the best of his ability and will be fondly remembered. He'll get fixed up somewhere else and we move on.
That's football for you
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:25:26 »

After watching the end of season DVD I would say at least 4 of his goals last year just hit him and went in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:25:57 »

I just had someone tell me that Alan Connell was a striker the same class as Charlie Austin

Fucking hell
Have a word.

Connell gave all he had, in every game, but his quality just isn't there and his finishing wayward at times and his timing off too. He was a poor trainer to start with but became accustomed to our training after a while (something a lot of players didn't e.g. Cox/Clarke/Ferry to a certain extent) but didn't have the quality needed.

I am not bothered at any of the 4 leaving TBH and there are a few more that can leave too if the right offer comes in, apparently.

The only one that maybe a slight surprise is of course Cox but PdC has seen enough of him in training and how he is with the rest of the players, his attitude and workrate to say he is not right for the club, and I trust Paolo totally on that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:31:46 »

But how many moaned on here about Connell not starting games last season...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:39:45 »

So where may they be off to then? Connell to Crawley as mooted?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:48:13 »

We can do better than Connell ability wise i think but could do a hell of lot worse too. Ok he missed a few (but so have plenty of top level strikers over the years), kept going back for more.

I'm convinced that given more opportunities he would have netted 25 goals last season. I may be in the minority but i'm sorry to see him go. Great attitude too.
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:50:41 »

As he was continually overlooked by Di canio in league 2

That just isn't true
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:55:11 »

So where may they be off to then? Connell to Crawley as mooted?
I have heard Crawley, Boremuff and Rotherham mentioned may just be forum bollox like we get on here though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:59:18 »

Not really bothered about any of these lot leaving... Connell did a job for us but isnt good enough for the step up in my opinion. Smith is good backup, but with the players brought he's been shifted down the pecking order. Those moaning that Risser is staying, please give it a rest. Risser is versatile and a handy player for certain games, who was on a par with Smith in the second half of the season (bar Wembley). But more importantly, he's not worth any money and is probably on peanuts. We'd have no chance of getting a fee for Risser, but Smith would fetch at least what we payed for him 2Ok - Logical isnt it really? Two players with similar roles within the squad, one is saleable the other isnt, who do you get rid of!?

At least it's not Ferry or Benson making way. If the odd squad player has to be sold here or there to keep first team regulars then so be it. Probably been said too many times on this thread already, but there really is no room for sentiment.
Flashheart

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 12:00:39 »

Fucking hell

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 12:05:44 »

I'm convinced that given more opportunities he would have netted 25 goals last season.

Even with more games I really didn't see a 25 goal forward in Connell last year, When he did have his opportunities I can think of plenty of times he missed easy chances.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 12:09:32 »

Even with more games I really didn't see a 25 goal forward in Connell last year, When he did have his opportunities I can think of plenty of times he missed easy chances.

Well he got 13 and I doubt he played in half the games so there's your 25. Yes he missed a few but as a striker you have to get in those positions. Not all strikers do!
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 12:12:56 »

Connell played 32 games last season, not 23. So by your logic he would have score more like 15-18 goals not 25.
Which isnt guranteed because generally, he was less dangerous when starting matches.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: