Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bournemouth Away  (Read 35250 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 20:18:27 »

Will be there at about 11.15. Heading for town centre pubs.

Was going to say I can't remember much near the ground, except a Wetherspoons and don't fancy going there...would rather drink in Bournemouth town centre, having been a frequent visitor back in my student days! Good bars all around as I'm sure many are aware!

#VivaKenBarlow!
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:01:15 »

Just had a look on the Bournemouth forum.

http://www.courtoffside.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177292

"I will be amazed if this one goes off without any trouble, going to be a very interesting day on and off the pitch, probably going to cost the club for Police which we don't have to do too often these days, proper powder keg this one I fear!"

"Two sets of supporters who can't stand each other with their respective sides battling at the top of the division add Di Canio plus in previous encounters there has been plenty of trouble I reckon MR prediction this could be a powder keg could be correct."

Powder keg? Two sets of fans who really cannot stand eachother? What am I missing here?

In my mind Bournemouth sit alongside teams like Crewe, Hartlepool, Walsall in being totally inoffensive clubs who we happen to spend a long time in the same division as but who I am otherwise absolutely indifferent to. But the way they're talking it sounds like I should be bringing riot gear.

Can someone fill me in on the history?

Hmmm I have seen us play Bournemouth a few times home and away and powder keg would not exactly describe the atmosphere.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:08:34 »

It kicked off a few years back (mid 2000's?), our "boys" went on a rampage and trashed a few shops near the ground if I remember correctly
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:11:24 »

Just had a look on the Bournemouth forum.

http://www.courtoffside.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177292

"I will be amazed if this one goes off without any trouble, going to be a very interesting day on and off the pitch, probably going to cost the club for Police which we don't have to do too often these days, proper powder keg this one I fear!"

"Two sets of supporters who can't stand each other with their respective sides battling at the top of the division add Di Canio plus in previous encounters there has been plenty of trouble I reckon MR prediction this could be a powder keg could be correct."

Powder keg? Two sets of fans who really cannot stand eachother? What am I missing here?

In my mind Bournemouth sit alongside teams like Crewe, Hartlepool, Walsall in being totally inoffensive clubs who we happen to spend a long time in the same division as but who I am otherwise absolutely indifferent to. But the way they're talking it sounds like I should be bringing riot gear.

Can someone fill me in on the history?

Hmmm I have seen us play Bournemouth a few times home and away and powder keg would not exactly describe the atmosphere.
Not sure about Powder Keg but wouldn't be suprised if there is trouble especially as there are plenty of Town fans going in the home sections. There is history, think its been mentioned in this thread but hopefully it will be the game we are talking about as one things certain it has the makings of a great battle on the pitch.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:14:46 »

Boxing Day 2007 when it was 2-2 I think...17 arrests I read somewhere all from Wiltshire (Swindon fans)

Also, Powderkeg??...presume they think that's what kind of atmosphere that drummer of theirs makes!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:21:18 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:19:47 »

Spotted this on the Bournemouth Echo site...

"Totally unrelated to this article! Today I went to check if the tickets for the replay were available whilst I was waiting to be served the guy in front of me asked if they were available and was told that they were not so he proceeded to ask for two tickets for the Swindon game he said to the girl serving him that he was an AFCB supporter and he wanted to bring his wife who is a Swindon supporter. I was somewhat surprised to hear the girl say that he could only have one ticket because now that he had told her that his wife was a Swindon supporter she could not sit with the home supporters.

I have to say that that I would doubt if his wife was such a fervent Swindon supporter that she would cause any problems by sitting next to her husband an AFCB supporter. I guess rules are rules!!!!"

He's either stupid or he didn't really want his wife to go! All the same, seems a bit jobsworthy by their ticket office.
Was talking to a few lads/Swindon supporters tonight who live in Wiltshire who ordered tickets for the home end next to the Town supporters, I asked if they had to give  a post code but as they are picking their tickets up on Saturday they didn't. The person on the phone just asked if they were Bournemouth supporters and were happy just to take their word for it. Perhaps they will be asked more when they collect them?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 23:25:33 »

Boxing Day 2007 when it was 2-2 I think...17 arrests I read somewhere all from Wiltshire (Swindon fans)

Also, Powderkeg??...presume they think that's what kind of atmosphere that drummer of theirs makes!

I was one of those 17 arrests Embarrassed No trouble involved just the little matter of smuggling alcohol into the ground. The cops had the decency to wait until half time. The pubs in the town are utter garbage, think chain bars with no redeeming character traits. One place that you will be utterly hard pressed to locate a pub in the true meaning of the word. Very dissapointing drinking holes.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 00:33:49 »

As far as I am concerned, boscome is the place where I have heard most town fans are going to drink...get the train to pokestone  (closer train station to the ground than bournemouth central) and then just a little walk to boscome...beach front, weatherspoons and other bars. what more do u wnat.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 08:37:41 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/4384565.stm
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 08:46:25 »

I remember this match in 87 ...delayed kick off due to fighting...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 08:48:27 »

Happy Hockaday....what a cunt.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 08:52:52 »

Did I imagine it or didn't Fat Bastard Brian Howard and little Jon Stevenson (anyone else remember him?) cause some bother down in a club in Bournemouth the year they were both here?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 08:56:59 »

Did I imagine it or didn't Fat Bastard Brian Howard and little Jon Stevenson (anyone else remember him?) cause some bother down in a club in Bournemouth the year they were both here?

One game wonder Jon Stevenson. Signed from Leicester with high hopes, looked a super player against Leeds at Elland Rd, did basically nothing else in his time here.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 09:17:45 »

Did that at Elm Park once. 2-0. Trevor Morley. Horrendous day, but I'd still go in the home end rather than miss a game.

Were you not with us when we went to Dean Court and did this?  Probably this game.  The official away following was 1,400 - but a fair few more than that in reality.

Edit: I've just spotted that a young Alan Connell came on for Warren Feeney that day.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 09:41:06 »

Edit: I've just spotted that a young Alan Connell came on for Warren Feeney that day.

I actually remember that. Good god!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: