Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18814 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:31:23 »

Great game, played really well against a strong side.

Special mention to Gladwin, who looks like he has the makings of a good player, albeit slightly unorthodox and runs like he has two broken legs, but somehow manages to keep the ball, some great crosses and passes from him too.

Nice to come away from the County Ground in a good mood for a change Smiley

I don't understand why BBC Wilts put some much focus on reading tweets and texts out after the game. Who gives a fuck what these morons have to say?

HEY! They read mine!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:31:31 »

Successive clean sheets. Cheerio Ward.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:35:40 »

Plan B ......and the B Team.

At last an entertaining game, keeping the 2 foot passes to a minimum.

If I thought for one second, we would play like that for 70% of next season I would renew my season ticket. This was the best game since Carlisle home.

No surprise that the Spurs players was missing and Luongo was one of the more average players on the day.

Come away from the ground entertained and happy (for once)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:36:51 »

Oooooh...more Twitter comments.... Popcorn
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:39:53 »

What was going on with Yasser straight after the final whistle?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:42:16 »

Spot on Ginge.

I've supported The Town for nearly 30 years (shit that makes me feel old!) and in all that time I have never felt the need to contact a fucking radio station. Bizarre!

Proud of my team today. Stood up to a typically ugly Grayson side. I wouldn't say we outmuscled them but we matched them for strength and therefore won the right to pass the ball. Which we did better than them IMO. Get the fuck in there!
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:45:51 »

Yay! Spent the afternoon at RUH with dad, so getting home to this scoreline was a big bonus.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:48:05 »

Be Interested to hear more on Gladwin, thought he had something but was being asked to play out of position before. Did he play standard central midfield? Or pushed up a bit more behind the forwards?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:51:33 »

Fantastic performance today. When PNE weren't fouling they were cheating falling over at any contact. I really would hate to see that kind of shit every week no matter how successful. They were a fucking horrible bunch of spiteful bastards. A special mention to the ref who was a complete cunt of the highest order. How he missed the push on Smith for a second penalty is beyond me. Would have been a straight red and probably game over. How their no 17 never got booked for being a persistant cunt is also  beyond me.
MOM was Gladwin. It was also nice to see corners being taken that made it past the forst man. He also put in one glorious cross in the 2nd half. Troy and Stephens again were excellent as was Fods who made a cracking save in the 1st half.
Now for Smith and Storey who both had bloody good games. Given that Smith was arse raped by their centre half all game he did very, very well but it helped that he had Storey up front with him. They also played well together, occupying the defenders and could make a good partnership....if allowed. Storey looked pretty sharp and his pace caused problems for them.
We got the ball forward a hell of a lot quicker than we normally do and that was thanks to Gladwin.
I'm well chuffed with this performance but more so because football won today. PNE really are a bunch of cheating, diving, whinging cunts who deserved fuck all.........but we stood up to them.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:52:58 »

The formation worked today.

Was good to have two up front, as even at the end when they threw on extra attacking players when we cleared the ball we had two up front challenging for the ball.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:54:13 »

Be Interested to hear more on Gladwin, thought he had something but was being asked to play out of position before. Did he play standard central midfield? Or pushed up a bit more behind the forwards?

I have to say I wasn't 100% convinced about him before today but always argued that he was being played out of position too. I suspected he would be better in his more natural/preferred position but didn't expect him to be as good as he was. All about confidence I suppose and the lad started off well and just got better. Very decent set pieces too which I wasn't aware he had in his locker. Personally would say he was an orthodox midfielder today although probably player slightly higher up the pitch than Mass and certainly Yasser.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:55:12 »

Fantastic performance today. When PNE weren't fouling they were cheating falling over at any contact. I really would hate to see that kind of shit every week no matter how successful. They were a fucking horrible bunch of spiteful bastards. A special mention to the ref who was a complete cunt of the highest order. How he missed the push on Smith for a second penalty is beyond me. Would have been a straight red and probably game over. How their no 17 never got booked for being a persistant cunt is also  beyond me.
MOM was Gladwin. It was also nice to see corners being taken that made it past the forst man. He also put in one glorious cross in the 2nd half. Troy and Stephens again were excellent as was Fods who made a cracking save in the 1st half.
Now for Smith and Storey who both had bloody good games. Given that Smith was arse raped by their centre half all game he did very, very well but it helped that he had Storey up front with him. They also played well together, occupying the defenders and could make a good partnership....if allowed. Storey looked pretty sharp and his pace caused problems for them.
We got the ball forward a hell of a lot quicker than we normally do and that was thanks to Gladwin.
I'm well chuffed with this performance but more so because football won today. PNE really are a bunch of cheating, diving, whinging cunts who deserved fuck all.........but we stood up to them.

I think that's a fare assessment of today's game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:55:25 »

Really enjoyed that. Especially as it was a bit of a bitty game in terms of flow.

Stephens impressed. Sure he had two dodgy kicks but other than that solid.

Gladwin bossed midfield.

Having two up front  caused them more problems than smith would in his own. Shock.

The penalty was lucky. The offence started outside the box. But he should have had another later on. Karma.

Can't really see how today could have gone better.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 17:57:25 »

Agree with that on every point Chalky.
DMR

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:00:28 »

First game for yonks so nice to see a battling win but that was pretty dull for large parts, given I've almost become a neutral over the last few years.

Thank god the playoffs are out of reach because either of those sides would struggle to make 20 points in the championship.

5/10
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: