Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Official...............  (Read 6545 times)
TalkTalk

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:58:12 »

Macca, after some thought, what I am saying is how many times since I have become interested in football have I heard the phrase "money is ruining football"?

So ok, I don't now what it was like before the money became a driver but I can guess.

You see the effect of the profit motive all over the leagues and the Premiership and the effect it has on the long suffering supporters.

This is why the Government set up Supporters' Direct and fostered the Trust movement. To get clubs out of the claws of greedy money driven businessmen (and I include Mickey D in that), give them back to the communities to who they should belong and give the fans a say in how they are run.

Today I just feel we have taken a step over the edge and onto the slippery slope.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:03:14 »

So its somehow morally better to be teetering on the edge of liquidation?  :?
red macca

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:05:36 »

Thats fair enough alan i fully understand that.Unfortunatly that is the only way football can survive now.Football has allways been dominated by money but over the last 20 years its just became public knowledge of what happens .Don rogers would never have stayed at swindon if he was not given a shop.Notoriously we have allways been in the shit we have allways been skint and it seems like every year we are close to going bust.

No one knows what these guys are going to do or what they want from this club but for once im actually optomistic that things might be changing.

I would of liked to have had bill power on board but obviously it was a case of it was never to be.Who knows he could still become involved in some capacity as i have a feeling we could see the end of mikey d very soon
TalkTalk

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:07:03 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
So its somehow morally better to be teetering on the edge of liquidation?  :?

Where did I say that?

Who is responsible for the situation?

Ah...the current board of businessmen.

Anyway, that could have been addressed months and months ago by them selling to the Fans' Consortium.
TalkTalk

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:15:55 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Thats fair enough alan i fully understand that.Unfortunatly that is the only way football can survive now.Football has allways been dominated by money but over the last 20 years its just became public knowledge of what happens .Don rogers would never have stayed at swindon if he was not given a shop.Notoriously we have allways been in the shit we have allways been skint and it seems like every year we are close to going bust.

No one knows what these guys are going to do or what they want from this club but for once im actually optomistic that things might be changing.

I would of liked to have had bill power on board but obviously it was a case of it was never to be.Who knows he could still become involved in some capacity as i have a feeling we could see the end of mikey d very soon

:goodpost:
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:18:49 »

To be fair you didnt say that but it was how I read your post.

Whats been ruining football for me over the past 10 years is my clubs LACK of money!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: