Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Duke  (Read 6297 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 04:46:45 »

Checked out the Darlington trust site.  There is a thread about them signing a fourth left back, who is really a midfielder.

http://www.the-tinshed.co.uk/
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 06:42:41 »

http://users.boardnation.com/~luffk/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15081

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 08:55:41 »

David Duke is training with League Two outfit Darlington with a view to agreeing a permanent deal.

This is on the bottom of this link -

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4540
lebowski

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 09:29:06 »

good luck to him. he wasn't our worst player by any means
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 10:00:19 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

I'm curious to know who was then in your view?

In my opinion, Duke along with Hewlett and Heywood often cost Swindon dear last season, and the season before that.  I've never been a fan of Heywood as I think he's just a big lump which some manager's like in defence at this level, but Duke obviously had the talent but not the form.  There were flashes of brilliance (hitting the bar at home to Port Vale last season), but more often than not examples of woeful defending (maybe due to his lack of being played in his right position in fairness) e.g.: Bourmeouth at home.   :x
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 10:52:53 »

I agree with lebowski.Hewlett,Heywood,Igoe,Howard and Garrard were all worse than Duke last season

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 11:11:51 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

I think you'll find he was up there with Hewlett and Heywood as 'donkey of the season'.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 11:28:24 »

He was appalling
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 11:31:40 »

Still can't see what anyone sees in Duke. He's weak a crap passer, more often than not he can't cross and above all his positional sense is abysmal. I never thought i'd see someone have as bad positional sense as Sol Davis but Duke certainly was worse.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 15:48:41 »

The player i call daisy [duke] has never played well for us.All the time he has been with us he hasn't improved in anyway.The one thing i wanted to happen this pre-season was for him to go.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
kaufman

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 15:58:38 »

you have to remember though that for some reason duke was made the scapegoat last season when many other players were playing just as crap!! he was booed a few times by a large selection of the supporters but then if people remember after that he then played about a dozen games where he was excellent and showed a hell of alot of character to come through that!

okay he may not be the most gifted player we have had here but he showed more guts and character then igoe or hewlett could ever manage!

he will get a round of applause from me for that reason alone!

i hope i never witness swindon fans booing their own players for trying to give their all again even if his best was not good enough!
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 15:58:47 »

i heard he's playing for scotland in the homeless world cup.......didnt realise things were that bad  Wink
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 16:12:34 »

My negative opinion of daisy came before last season,i didn't boo him,but can understand why everyone did.Of course he wasn't the only player who had a bad season .But with him it was the culminative effect of all the previous seasons when he's sucked and the fact that he has not played well for us ever.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 16:24:25 »

Evans
Heywood
Gurney
Ifil
Igoe
Hewlett
Howard
Fallon
Garrard

Were all worse then Duke last year....
kaufman

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 16, 2005, 16:24:43 »

Quote from: "larwood"
My negative opinion of daisy came before last season,i didn't boo him,but can understand why everyone did.Of course he wasn't the only player who had a bad season .But with him it was the culminative effect of all the previous seasons when he's sucked and the fact that he has not played well for us ever.

thats fair enough!

it was time for him to go! he played best for us when lee holmes was on the left and those 2 did link up really well i thought!

i never booed duke but i must admit i booed gurney last season when he seemed more interested in argueing with the crowd than playing football!
i remember they the opposing team scored because he did not follow his man as he was too busy asking a swindon fan if he wanted a fight!! ha ha!
really funny now looking back on it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: