Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Casal Released  (Read 8329 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:40:21 »

In pretty much every other country, the football pyramid turns to shit after the top two (or at most three) leagues - no where else has the depth that we do in England. The Italian 4th division level is at best, equivalent to the Blue Square Premier but that is being generous.
Isn't even Serie C a lower standard than BSP? Seem to remember they get a few hundred average gates at best at Serie C level, if that's any guide
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:42:08 by pauld » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:43:46 »

Their league 4, is pub league standard, even Darlington would muller  the top teams in that league.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:48:44 »

The pro leagues in Italy are; Serie A, Serie B, Lega Pro Prima (two parallel leagues), Lega Pro Seconda (three parallel leagues). Average attendances for the bottom tier this season is 782, so as I said its BSP standard at best and that's being very generous.

We have higher average attendances in League One than they do in Serie B.
Spencer_White

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:20:23 »

To be fair, quite often in the last 10 years you hear of Italians, French, Spannish fans comming over here watching a lower league game and being shocked that League 2 standard footballers are paid professional footballers.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:05:09 »

Must admit that if I were a footballer, I'd prefer to play in lower leagues in Italy than here. Would be nice to see a bit of another country and the weathers better!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
nochee

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:58:34 »

Must admit that if I were a footballer, I'd prefer to play in lower leagues in Italy than here. Would be nice to see a bit of another country and the weathers better!

I thought the weather would be better too, but oh no, its fucking freezing in Italy in the winter. League 4 over there is our sunday league.
Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 18:14:12 »

You wouldnt get paid for it. Casper Schmiechel is on £15k a week at Notts County. That must be a world record lower league football waste of money.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 19:00:25 »

Extraordinary.....was there a mention of Swindon in the interviews? 

There is in Kanyuka's interview. http://video.clon.ro/video/47212/patrick-kanyuka-isi-doreste-sa-ramana-la-cfr-cluj

Amazing that we've offloaded fringe players to Norwich, Aberdeen and Cluj this year. Gives hope that we might actually make some decent money if we needed to move any of our good performers on. To think that we used to sign players with that little research.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 19:54:18 »

Signed Kanyuka aswell?   Doh
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 19:56:23 by bigbobjoylove » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 19:57:20 »

To be fair, quite often in the last 10 years you hear of Italians, French, Spannish fans comming over here watching a lower league game and being shocked that League 2 standard footballers are paid professional footballers.

The Sporting Lisbon fan who I took to the Yeovil game, was very impresed with the standard...much better than she thought it would be.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 20:04:43 »

The Bayer Leverkusen fan who came to Charlton v Swindon on boxing day was

A - Surprised at how close to the pitch the fans sit and
B - That nobody threw anything onto the pitch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 14:07:09 »

The Bayer Leverkusen fan who came to Charlton v Swindon on boxing day was

A - Surprised at how close to the pitch the fans sit and
B - That nobody threw anything onto the pitch.

Bollocks - i spat my dummy out when the equaliser went in!

Clems Army!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 14:18:19 »

Eugh Patrick Kanyuka - Now that kid was an idiot!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: