Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Evans appreciation thread II  (Read 4406 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 13:51:02 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
you've only seen two games, by your own admission. what did brezovan do that was "horrendously rubbish"?

his kicking was poor, but the main reason for that was the wind and the wrexham keeper had the same problem in the first half. the penalty was an error of judgment combined with a dive and the winner was due to an unfortunate deflection which left brezovan with no chance.

despite that, he made a string of important saves which kept us in the game at 1-1 and even set up a couple of attacks with some good distribution.

i'd say we've looked more than convincing in the vast majority of games, we've strolled past teams like rochdale, stockport, chester and we only slipped up yesterday at wrexham because they outplayed us.

p.s. it's spelt "neither". surely an english student at oxford should know that?

the winner trundled in at about 2mph.

and if you want to have a pop about spelling then you need to get out more, stop being an uppity cunt, you fucking dropout layabout loser.
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 13:53:38 »

2mph or 90mph, brezovan was out of position because he read the shot without the ability of being psychic and predicting the deflection, which is why he didn't get to it. if you're going to blame anyone for the deflection, blame comyn-platt.

i've not dropped out of anything, unlike you.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 13:53:56 »

I would've thought you'd be the one in the know on team tummy bugs Santini!

Lets hope they're feeling 100% by Tuesday
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 13:56:18 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
2mph or 90mph, brezovan was out of position because he read the shot without the ability of being psychic and predicting the deflection, which is why he didn't get to it. if you're going to blame anyone for the deflection, blame comyn-platt.

i've not dropped out of anything, unlike you.

whats that supposed to mean?

i don't really see the point in having this argument, brezovan bollocksed up and he was the first to acknowledge it.

i assume you're getting tetchy and personal because i slagged off the forum love-in, but whatever, each to their own. perhaps you need to lighten up eh
McLovin

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 13:59:42 »

Williams looked at Brezovan and and acknowledged that the deflection had beaten him. I won't blame him for the second. However, i question his judgement for the first.
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 14:01:18 »

brezovan made an error, 'keepers often do that and sometimes they get away with it. he doesn't deserve crucification because he was "horrendously rubbish" when the winner wasn't his fault at all, the scorer was wrexham's right-winger - why wasn't caton tracking back and why did comyn-platt not put a challenge in sooner?

both of those players deserve as much blame as brezovan - i.e. fuck all.

that's why i'm disagreeing with you, not because you slagged off the forum love-in (which i couldn't care less about).

you know precisely what my dropout reponse was about. did oxford ask you to send that hoodie back?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 14:03:47 »

the problem yesterday was the defending narrow.

Shakes and Brown (I guess they've been told to) defend so narrow, which works well against shite hoofball teams but numerous times Wrexham passed the ball from one side to the other and their wingers (who were both very good) had loads of time and space and nothing (ie our wingers) between them and the full back.

Wrexhams number 7 got past CCP for fun, but CCP had no cover from Brown/Caton because we defend narrow.

Perhaps if we didnt defend so narrow, Wrexham wouldnt have had enough time out wide to create the chances they scored from...
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 14:08:39 »

spot on dv.

we also seemed to lose any semblance of width when ince and brownlie came on, i wasn't sure if we were playing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. everything wrexham created came down the wings and our narrow style was our undoing, not because brezovan was "horrendously rubbish".

i'm fairly confident wise will realise this and rectify it in the future, unlike some of our previous managers who would have remained utterly oblivious and blamed individual errors on a certain defender with cornrows...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 14:10:03 »

who was sorely missed yesterday!
Danjackson10

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 21:24:02 »

Evans is my hero!
mr ian

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 21:41:11 »

Quote from: "DV85"
who was sorely missed yesterday!

i wish i had sumin funny too say to this

but i dont

so was it the beast by any chance?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:47:27 »

Evans is quality Cheesy i love him and want to have his babies.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:55:42 »

aaaagh, arguments on football. It's like putting on an old pair of slippers. Much more natural than everyone being happy.

Brez completely ballsed up for the first. The second he seemed beaten by the deflection so was a little unlucky. It happens.

What's done is done. Let's forget about it. Most important thing now is to come out for 90 minutes Tuesday and fight for every winnable ball, along with a few that aren't.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 08:10:10 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Brez completely ballsed up for the first. The second he seemed beaten by the deflection so was a little unlucky. It happens.

What's done is done. Let's forget about it. Most important thing now is to come out for 90 minutes Tuesday and fight for every winnable ball, along with a few that aren't.

Yes Brez shouldn't have come out the way he did,but he's been so brilliant for us that i think you have to back his judgement.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
McLovin

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 09:22:58 »

As discussed in the car on the way home, as soon as Brez left his line we all had the same feeling as when you press triangle on Pro Evo, then immediately realise you've ballsed up, keeper in no mans land.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: