Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wire of end of night  (Read 3303 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:04:43 »

mines random as i just buy cases, the spanish one has been great, i ordered another one when i finished it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:06:42 »

You both seem to be into your wines, we've just got our new wine list at work and there is only 1 french red and 1 french white out of 9. Surely this is new world gone mad!
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:08:06 »

axs get's proper wines delivered. I play the supermarket lottery. It's all fun. I've just ate a mint before I opened the bottle of whatever shit I'm drinking, so currently it don't taste of much.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:09:13 »

Quote from: "Ted"
You both seem to be into your wines, we've just got our new wine list at work and there is only 1 french red and 1 french white out of 9. Surely this is new world gone mad!

It's all about the Spanish wines. There's a lovely tapas bar in Old Town where you can sample some of the better ones. ahem.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:09:34 »

fucking new world - most of it is shite, it's only popular because the supermarkets got shed loads of money to promote it and there's always one on offer.

i nearly always buy european, particularly spanish and italian but also french. and i won't buy californian as it's all shite. and white.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:10:19 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

It's all about the Spanish wines. There's a lovely tapas bar in Old Town where you can sample some of the better ones. ahem.

shameless, you are on commission then.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:11:15 »

axs get's proper wines delivered. I play the supermarket lottery. It's all fun. I've just ate a mint before I opened the bottle of whatever shit I'm drinking, so currently it don't taste of much.

it's still cheap as anything - not like i'm in the times wine club or some wanky shite.
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:18:46 »

Quote from: "axs"

shameless, you are on commission then.

I wish. Actually fuck that, it's busy enough as it is. Table of 11 tonight. Becomes a nightmare with Tapas. Luckily they said let the chef decide. I took responsibility and they left a big tip, so they were obviously happy.

That's another thing. If you go out and eat, then leave a fucking tip. 10% preferably, but obviously depending on how good the service is.

Working in a resturanty/bar thingy has made me realise how bad some people can be at tipping.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:22:45 »

tapas has to be a bad one for presentation time.

i hate people who, when we're out with friends, pay the bill for what they've eaten but no tip, means i have to put in for them. bastards. happened last weekend at a spanish place in norwich(don pepes), cost me £80 in the end. and i only had one bottle of wine. steak was nice though. and stuffed jalapenos.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:31:35 »

btw, french for thread is 'fil'.
flammableBen

« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:32:19 »

tapas has to be a bad one for presentation time.

Depends. Most of it is in little dishes which isn't to bad. The Garbanzos con Espinacas has a habit of exploding a bit, which can require a bit of tidying up, but it's not too bad.  The Friday/Saturday night specials tend to be something properly plated which can take some presentation, but once you get on a roll it's not too bad.

The main problem is that as it's lot's of different small dishes, which means that with a table of 11, even deciding what they have for them you're looking at 15 things, probably 10-12 different ones. With only 2 of you in the kitchen, well it can be fun.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:33:50 »

late night thread is 'fil de fin de nuit'

but when you translate it back it is 'wire of end of night'

babelfish is shit sometimes.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:35:18 »

chick peas and spinach is all a bit veggie for me
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:35:50 »

yeah, I don't think 'thread' will translate that well. I like my frenchglish effort.
flammableBen

« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 01:36:25 »

chick peas and spinach is all a bit veggie for me

And for me too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: