Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon Match Day Thread  (Read 40188 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:06:10 »

Just watching the highlights and getting angry about Belford. How many times does the ball hit him on the chest? He seems to almost pull his hands back out of the way. Really weird.
Why were so many shots allowed to be taken at his chest?  The defenders in front of him were absolutely shit yesterday - I guess a scapegoat is needed!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:08:11 »

I hate scapegoating as much as the next guy but Belford had an awful game. The defence were shit granted, but Ty should have kept more of those out.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:19:25 »

Thinking that the 6-0 at Scunny was worst ever result in my supporting lifetime, with the reasoning that Ipswich, Boro, Newcastle and Forest were all at least "bigger" clubs than us. Actually I think Bolton 7-0 away in McMahon first season back in Div 2, which remains only game I have ever left early, probably tops it for crapness. Looking at the record books we did actually win the very next game after that 1-0 v Stoke, but then failed to win any more that season. Including as Reg said the 5-1 thumping at Oldham, which is also probably is in the top 10 bad Town performances I have ever witnessed. With no opportunity to strengthen and morale probably low could this rival 96-97 for dismal season end? Hylton having been hauled off at half time will certainly be in no mental state to provide Ajose with the partnership he needs up front if Obika's hamstring injury proves longer term, and we already know Nathan's (usually} calming presence at the back is going to be absent for the next 2 games.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:20:40 »

There's no real reason why he couldn't play in a back 4 as CB....PdC used Alan Mac there, Javier Mascarano is smaller than NT and Fabio Cannavaro no bigger.

Are you really directly comparing NT to those two international players....

Doctor - Reg has finally gone mad!  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:21:21 »

Why were so many shots allowed to be taken at his chest?  The defenders in front of him were absolutely shit yesterday - I guess a scapegoat is needed!

Ardiles is my scapegoat for this pre match post yesterday.....

This is a no pressure game.  Looking forward to it for that alone.

Williams used it in his team talk.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:22:20 »

Why were so many shots allowed to be taken at his chest?  The defenders in front of him were absolutely shit yesterday - I guess a scapegoat is needed!

Not a scapegoat but he seems to have bulked out enormously and lost any agility that he had - keepers have bad days and he deserves better protection from his defence, but the amount that went under/through/over him is a concern.

Honestly think he could do with getting some weight or muscle off if nothing else?
Panda Paws

« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:24:18 »

Exactly - get out of the gym, or at least get off the chest press and onto the box jumps!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:39:19 »

I hate scapegoating as much as the next guy but Belford had an awful game. The defence were shit granted, but Ty should have kept more of those out.
Many, many moons ago we had a keeper called O'Hara - could be brilliant one day and crap the next - a couple of heavy defeats and a much more vociferous Town End finished him!  Whilst Vigs is injured we have no alternative I fear.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:53:22 »

One positive, not one of the players has dared post anything on Twitter yet since the result!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:57:36 »

Many, many moons ago we had a keeper called O'Hara - could be brilliant one day and crap the next - a couple of heavy defeats and a much more vociferous Town End finished him!  Whilst Vigs is injured we have no alternative I fear.

Sounds a bit like Talia. Although every time I think about old Frank I'm reminded of that absolutely heroic display away at Charlton.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 17:30:03 »

Thinking that the 6-0 at Scunny was worst ever result in my supporting lifetime, with the reasoning that Ipswich, Boro, Newcastle and Forest were all at least "bigger" clubs than us. Actually I think Bolton 7-0 away in McMahon first season back in Div 2, which remains only game I have ever left early, probably tops it for crapness. Looking at the record books we did actually win the very next game after that 1-0 v Stoke, but then failed to win any more that season. Including as Reg said the 5-1 thumping at Oldham, which is also probably is in the top 10 bad Town performances I have ever witnessed. With no opportunity to strengthen and morale probably low could this rival 96-97 for dismal season end? Hylton having been hauled off at half time will certainly be in no mental state to provide Ajose with the partnership he needs up front if Obika's hamstring injury proves longer term, and we already know Nathan's (usually} calming presence at the back is going to be absent for the next 2 games.

The 5 at Fleetwood this season has to also feature I guess?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 17:55:35 »

Thing is with goalkeepers, is that when they they have  a "bit of a mare" it really sticks in peoples minds and everybody remembers.
A striker could miss numerous easy looking chances throughout a game but if he scores a last minute winner,he"s a hero.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 18:23:20 »

The 5 at Fleetwood this season has to also feature I guess?
Was that Belford in goal?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 18:36:17 »

Was that Belford in goal?

It wasn't - at least he hasn't conceded an OG yet this run. Something to look forward to for Saturday perhaps!  Girl Giggle

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 18:42:31 »

when is Lawrence back ?

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: