Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon Match Day Thread  (Read 40188 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:14:44 »

Not at all.

Glad the trains got you back OK.
bleko89

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:28:53 »

I'm still waiting for the predictable tweets from the players.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:30:53 »

Another awful Easter weekend from us. Seen a few Scunny fans on social media ask why we always pass it out from goal kicks etc. Its cost us so many goals this season, surely even Power should be able to see that we need to mix it up more to be succesful at this level? We are too predictable and the squad isnt good enough in the defensive areas. Need lots of movement in the summer both in and out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:32:29 »

And we're not going down.

We would have to pretty much lose all of our remaining games to go down and the other teams would have to hit form.

We are safe, so I guess the players can turn their attention to their holidays/next move.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:36:30 »

Quote from: bleko89
I'm still waiting for the predictable tweets from the players.

think after today silence is the best policy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:38:02 »

We would have to pretty much lose all of our remaining games to go down and the other teams would have to hit form.

We are safe, so I guess the players can turn their attention to their holidays/next move.

We've 8 games left, already this season we've had a run of 8 games with 1 point taken, so it can happen, and 51 might not be enough. It certainly shouldn't happen...and drawing v Fleetwood and Oldham, would do very nicely thanks, then the players can unwind.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:48:17 »

No good coming on here to cheer yourself up. Reg is in his element!
deltaincline

« Reply #202 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 22:43:13 »

Shocking result and performance today. Belford looked woeful, then again, he didn't have much in front of him defensively, so it's hardly his fault that we shipped 6 goals.

As I've said, I'm as grateful as anyone that we've managed to do enough to stay up this season, but with Arthur Daley looking to turn a profit on a struggling League 1 club such as ours, is anyone really that surprised that we blow hot and cold with a such threadbare squad that costs him peanuts?

Williams must be embarrassed. He can hardly come out now and say that his squad is too small, can he?

Cue the sound of the resident fuckwitts and Hodgetts-club badge wearers shouting; "what's your alternative / who else will run the club / Power is the only game in town / the club is non-profitable / it loses money every year" etc etc.

Yawn.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 07:21:33 »

Cue the sound of the resident fuckwitts and Hodgetts-club badge wearers shouting; "what's your alternative / who else will run the club / Power is the only game in town / the club is non-profitable / it loses money every year" etc etc.

I don't like it, but put me in the fuckwit pile because I don't see a lot of choice right now.

Of course if we really are running at so-say break even then I guess losing Power wouldn't knacker us financially, but it may be harder to recruit and maintain break even.
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 07:27:46 »

OK then smart-arse, what is the fucking answer then?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 07:55:26 »

We've 8 games left, already this season we've had a run of 8 games with 1 point taken, so it can happen, and 51 might not be enough. It certainly shouldn't happen...and drawing v Fleetwood and Oldham, would do very nicely thanks, then the players can unwind.

They've already been unwinding by the looks of it.

We're safe, I don't think we won't win again and that's all we need (1 win) but I feel a bit disappointed, it looked like we were heading for a decent end of season run, which has been halted pretty brutally. Just end the fucking thing now...

Although I am still weirdly confident for next season. No idea why!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 08:24:11 »

Think that's me done for the season now. Not in a sulky way but after the Wigan game i think the players know now it's a pointless last 8 games so in that sense if they can't be fucked i can't. Anyone who knows me knows i am a balanced fan but one thing i can't be fucked with is players not giving a shit.

Only thing that may change my mind is if Williams plays the youths
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 08:37:24 »

Unfortunately that option is ruled out for now. The back to back fixtures v Fleetwood and Oldham, 4th and 5th bottom on 41, means we could easily be only 6 points better off than these with 6 games to go....and that however people want to view it is very much back in the mix.
Chrystovski

« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 08:40:48 »

With the squad we have I think we have overachieved so far this season and whilst Easter has been disappointing, me and the old man have said all season with our defence as bad as it is a decent team could easily put 4 or 5 past us.

League 1 has been at it's weakest in years which is

a) Lucky for our squad
b) Incredibly frustrating that Power has built by far the weakest team we've had since he's been here. Minus our strike force I think it could be weaker than the 10-11 relegation season.

The following players are just no good enough to mount a serious promotion bid next season.

Barry, Branco, Boo, Rodgers, N.Thompson (As a CB), Hylton, Belford, Turnbull.

That's 4 or 5 regulars in that list that are just no good enough and should be released\sold at the end of the season.
Thompson is an excellent RB and needs to be reverted back to his natural position.

3 or 4 more points and that will be enough to keep us going for another season in League 1.

I still haven't renewed my ST and am 50\50 as to whether I will.
£375 seems alot of dosh to watch the likes of Barry, Branco, Rodgers & Co.
With a little one on the way I just don't feel like I can justify the outlay for the product currently being served up.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 09:14:53 by Chrystovski » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 09:06:21 »

Think that's me done for the season now. Not in a sulky way but after the Wigan game i think the players know now it's a pointless last 8 games so in that sense if they can't be fucked i can't. Anyone who knows me knows i am a balanced fan but one thing i can't be fucked with is players not giving a shit.

That's how I feel mate.

While I'm sure I would have felt differently if I had gone, I really couldn't give a flying one about yesterday. It had might as well be a friendly, the result is meaningless. Dunno if I'll bother tuning in for the next match, depends on the line-up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: