Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 10118 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:52:48 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

I may now read the article. I like this post as it is balanced, adult and reasonable. Nice one Jan. Cheesy

Not sure if you're being serious with that Bazza!

If you do venture on to thisis brace yourself for the comments, some will really annoy you, if been on there a week now fighting my corner, well MM's corner, but it doesn't get any easier.

Although there are a few more people on there willing to give MM a break this week, last week it felt like everyone wanted him out apart from me and a w.u.m.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:53:45 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
I’m sick of disruption at the club,

Yes
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:09:12 »

I 100% agree with Fitton

/
W56196272
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:18:23 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
If Sturrock was here and we won 1 in 10 would we be going mad??? If Cotterill was appointed?? Ling??? The only reason people are going ballistic is because Malpas is not a “name”, Yes we are doing poorly but I’ll give him until maybe November next year before I reserve judgement.

I agree 100% Gazzza.  It may be because Hoddle, Macari and Ardiles did well that people only trust "names".  It's painful reading some people's comments under the adver stories.  All manner of theories about why MM is an idiot, crap tactician, demotivational etc like they have a clue what they are talking about.  What put the tin lid on it for me was some tool going on about the Trust brown nosing the previous board at the fans forum WTF  :shock: Yeah right!   Fitton saying some fans are delusional is quite mild criticism in my view.  If I was him I'd be calling them ignorant, ungrateful, impatient, moaning po-faced cunts - but that's why I'm not a chairman
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:19:37 »

"They then point to Moses Ashikodi but signing him was part of the deal for bringing McNamee in".

Well that explains why Mr Stabby is here so that is one strange decision explained. Now I just need to know why he keeps getting played and how he sleeps at night after picking up his wage packet as a professional footballer...
McLovin

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:30:12 »

I still hate Malpas. No matter what Fitton says, i don't like him as a person, as a manager, or as a tactician.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:31:56 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
If Sturrock was here and we won 1 in 10 would we be going mad???

If Sturrock was here, we wouldnt have only won 1 in 10.

we just expect too much and the silly thing is, the start of the season rose our expectation levels.

I was expect 14-16th place finish before the season.

After our good spell when we were up in 8th around the play offs I was expecting a little bit more, I was slowly starting to believe we could be a force this season (yes me of all people!!)

Then the Adver with they play off hype bullshit didnt help.

Whilst im not a fan of Malpas. If you look back at threads started before the season most of us would have taken anything above the relegation zone....

So, its Sturrocks fault for being too good and raising expectation.

We're meeting the expectation we all had in July....but not the ones we had in October.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:35:05 »

I think Fitton has it spot on, at least we can't say anymore that we don't have a club that's open and honest. Although I think Fitton should have tempered his remarks slightly by saying 'some' fans, clearly some of us are a little more realistic and are not represented by the majority of cringeworthy comments on the Adver site.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:35:12 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
I still hate Malpas. No matter what Fitton says, i don't like him as a person, as a manager, or as a tactician.

Why?
McLovin

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:41:11 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Quote from: "McLovin"

Why?

As a person: he isn't inspiring, interesting, or engaging
As a manager: his record was poor before us, and it's poor now
As a tactician: bizarre substitutions, players out of position, weird systems, strange selection policies (the goalie swaps, J.Smith having no future, playing well, then being dropped)

Just my take on him.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:42:19 »

Quote from: "ghanimah"
I think Fitton has it spot on, at least we can't say anymore that we don't have a club that's open and honest. Although I think Fitton should have tempered his remarks slightly by saying 'some' fans, clearly some of us are a little more realistic and are not represented by the majority of cringeworthy comments on the Adver site.

But why should he GH?  According to the Adver the fans have been flooding them with Malpas Out messages, the fans who have decided that MM needs a bit of time have been ignored by our local rag.

Cryer, despite his good work in the takeover time, has let himself down in recent weeks imo.  He's succeeded in whipping some fans into a frenzied rabble.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:44:35 »

Another thing is that people mentioned before about a Q&A section on the site where board members can answer fans questions but if the club etc. are being constantly lynched then they are far less likely to bother.

Everyone has their own personal opinions re Malpas and thats of course fair enough.  Would be boring if everyone shared the same view, however IMO we don't come across as moronic as those on the adver site.

Would be good eventually for board members to be able to read the forums or sections of, as I think it would improve interaction with the fans and reduce any animosity in the long run should we go through another rough patch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:45:48 »

ha, nice little flammablebenisn in there

malpas out!
fatbury

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:53:07 »

fair play to Fitton for sticking up for his manager

I hope Maurice can turn it around ... of course there is the worry that he wont and we might be bottom of League 1 by December ..

will Fitton stick with Malpas then I wonder??

Personally I hope we never find out and that by December we are all saying how we are worried that higher up teams might be trying to get Maurice off of us because we are doing so well ...

Heres to 3 points on Saturday and getting behind the lads .. COME ON YOU REDSSS!!

Beers  Beers
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 10:03:08 »

I am going to give him a chance now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: