Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36023 times)
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:12:56 »

Not read through the thread yet but the whole day out at Wembley was fantastic for me, just a shame about the outcome of the game. Well done to the players, back room staff etc for getting us that far though.

Millwall were the better team on the day simple as.

im still an extremley proud Town fan tonight. (atmosphere aside)
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:15:52 by fish head » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:14:58 »

Does this mean we need to find a new offical matchday thread starter?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:14:59 »

The biggest disappointment for me, was knowing that we didn't play like we can.  To be fair, Millwall are a very hard side to break down, and Ward & Robinson won almost everything in the air, but there were some sub-par performances (McGovern, Amankwaah, Ward...) and we never really seemed to get into the game until after half time. Austin was unfortunate with his chance, but it would've been harsh on Millwall had that ball not sat up.

Apologies if this has all been covered, I haven't read the thread.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:18:37 »

i'm surprised people are more pissed off at the day trippers/bandwagon jumpers/plastics/part-time fans than the team for failing to get motivated for the biggest game of the season.

not that i'm not pissed off with the lack of support for the team, i just don't think a lot of people understood that the result actually meant a lot to us and it wasn't just a day at a big stadium.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:22:09 »

Well the biggest let down in 45 years watching the Town.Fantastic seats absolutely shit atmosphere.Fuck me there were about 200 empty seats around us and some plastic twat told me to sit down!Millwall pissed me right off with their puerile booing of Amankwah.Why didn't we give that racist twat Harris equal shit whenever he touched the ball?And all that"no one likes us" crap-what a pathetic pile of shit,its not no one likes you more no one gives a shit about you,you wankers!Cuthbert-well played,Sheehan-well played,Douglas-well played,nobody else turned up today.In hindsight,we should have started with Ward and Austin up front and maybe Darby at right back but thats academic,not blaming anyone we've had a great season but to go out with a whimper is very very disappointing.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:24:00 »

I hate Millwall but at least they back their team. Our support was embarrassing today, stop telling me to sit down you miserable cunts.

Before blaming the team we need to have a look at ourselves.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:24:48 »

I certainly tried giving Harris equal shit!
coshh man

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:25:01 »

Just got in -didn't think we got behind the the team at all.Hate Millwall fans-fucking animals,next season we will go up.Thanks to all the people I meet in the Green man really great fellows(apart from one)  Beers Clap Clap
stfcinbmth

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:26:59 »

I was in the second tier behind the goal, and you really couldn't hear what songs the guys in the first tier behind the goal were singing

Won't bother saying anything about the game as it's probably already been said
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #339 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:34:55 »

Two words...... anti  climax
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:37:26 »

That Morrison is an awesome striker.

He held the ball up well today and got the rest of his team into the game.  

Our midfield was none existent and i'd like to see Wilson bring a new cm in with Douglas.  Ferry has been really good this season but we need a centre midfielder who can run forward and score goals.  Douglas is a really good holding midfielder and we just need someone decent to partner him

Overall its been a great season and glad to have the chance to go to wembley and enjoy a season.

Hopefully we will be there or there abouts next season and hopefully fitton will give wilson the necessary money to improve our squad
DMR

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:37:54 »

Just got in, straight off out.

Heartbroken. Though its not hurting as bad as Brighton did because today it was clear we were 2nd best. But the writing was on the wall early, we never got going. Cuthbert and Douglas the honourable exceptions to a truly piss poor performance.

We got what we deserved today, nothing. Shit support too but you need the team to inspire you.
Talk Talk

« Reply #342 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:40:04 »

How can you get any songs going when over two thirds of our supporters don't know the tune or words because they don't even go to matches?

That felt like a 'normal ' league match loss today. I'm not that upset, just unhappy that we didn't play to the standard that we have been for most of the season. A goal would have been nice. Chin up Charlie, that would have gone in if it had been in front of the Town End.

So a couple of months off, time to catch up with DIY stuff and all that. Then back to a nice quiet County Ground Hotel and proper fans in August. Oh and some wicked away days too. Can't wait.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:41:01 »

How can you get any songs going when over two thirds of our supporters don't know the tune or words because they don't even go to matches?

That felt like a 'normal ' league match loss today. I'm not that upset, just unhappy that we didn't play to the standard that we have been for most of the season. A goal would have been nice. Chin up Charlie, that would have gone in if it had been in front of the Town End.

So a couple of months off, time to catch up with DIY stuff and all that. Then back to a nice quiet County Ground Hotel and proper fans in August. Oh and some wicked away days too. Can't wait.

Amen to that.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:44:09 »

Our main undoing today was the same as plenty of other games this season - up against a physical team and we just can't handle it. It shows up markedly in the stats, with us conceding a lot less free kicks than Millwall then add on to that all the little pushes, shoves, pulling that aren't penalised by the ref and it makes a big difference over 90 minutes. Not criticising Millwall for the way they play as it works but we really need to get better at handling it.

I really hope Austin isn't beating himself up over the miss. Bobble or not, shit happens. His goals got us to the playoffs and he's had an amazing first season and no one should allow today to detract from that, especially himself. If it had gone in though I reckon we'd have got another and won as Millwall were on the verge of collapsing at that point, though they recovered towards the end.

The atmosphere was terrible. Whilst the fans have to take some of the blame for that to be fair, there was very little to get excited about over the 90 minutes. Having less fans and some big gaps can't have helped - I'd be interested to know why there were massive gaps in the decent Club Wembley seats as these were showing as sold out pretty early on when they obviously weren't.

All in all I had a great day though and its been an even better season. The new Wembley is the best ground I've been to and just being able to watch Swindon play there made it a great day, even though the game itself wasn't so great. We've more than exceeded expectations for the season so there is nothing to complain about, its a pity we're not going up but its not going to detract from the day or the season for me.

Looking forward to next season. We'll be losing a good few players but Wilson has proved himself in the transfer market so I'm expecting some more miracles from him. Pretty certain come the start of next season all the players will be his (either he signed them or gave them an extension), so we'll see what he really is capable of.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: