Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Britains Gay Footballers  (Read 13771 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 19:17:07 »

I dont know the sexuality of every single player and neither do you. How do you know how many gay players there have been over the years? Just because someone isnt openly gay doesnt mean they arent gay.

....and last time I checked - gay men were still men and capable of participating in a mans game.

I can understand gay footballers not coming out for fear of the re-action but I cant imagine any of them turning down a professional career because of it.

Dont agree........lets leave it at that eh,in my view up untill very recent times a young Gay man wouldn't have wanted to play football for a living because of the fear of players and fans knowing.

The reason we dont know what players were/are Gay is simple.....there wasn't any.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 19:58:12 »

I dont know the sexuality of every single player and neither do you. How do you know how many gay players there have been over the years? Just because someone isnt openly gay doesnt mean they arent gay.

....and last time I checked - gay men were still men and capable of participating in a mans game.

I can understand gay footballers not coming out for fear of the re-action but I cant imagine any of them turning down a professional career because of it.

I'm amazed. I agree completely with something DV has said.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 20:01:17 »

The reason we dont know what players were/are Gay is simple.....there wasn't any.

Utter, utter crap!

Fair enough we're never going to know how many players are gay but to claim there wasn't any is plainly ridiculous and more than a little naive. I'm certain it's not as prevalent as some of the 1 in x's mentioned in this thread but there's bound to have been loads throughout the years just very few of them were open about it.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 3, 2012, 20:08:52 by thedarkprince » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:06:15 »

But now that the Aristotle of the football world, Joey "cigar in the apprentice's eye" Barton has said it is OK to be Gay, the flood gates will open.

you won't see the changing rooms for soft furnishings
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:16:33 »

ha ha ha Leefer , do you think all gay men are like John Inman or Dale Winton?

/
W56196272
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:57:16 »

I did hear that Will Young was going out with Darren Ambrose.  That is the only current player that I was aware of.  I have also heard the Freddy Ljungberg one.  Always thought Joey Barton was until he had a kid.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:09:55 »

I was told a few years ago that John O'Shea and James McFadden both allegedly swing that way.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:11:33 »

Is anyone gay who posts on here? Serious question
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:19:39 »

I was told of rumours of Stefan Freund formally of spurs and Sol Campbell. However at the end of the day a players sexuality doesn't make you any less of a player or person and until such stigma's are dealt with in society then you won't see a pro coming out openly.

It will take a very strong minded individual to buck the trend though.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:25:04 »

Heard rumours that Matty Taylor swang that way, but to be honest most of the names that are rumoured often look quite camp, so it's more than likely adding 2 and 2 and getting 5
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:42:02 »

Bishop and Morley from West ham were both gay and didn't seem to mind people knowing it, Having just said that I just googled Bishop and he is now apparently living in Florida with his wife and kids. Morley was stabbed by his wife after she Found him and Bishop in bed together. Morley now lives and works in Norway.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:50:57 by Notts red » Logged
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 22:31:34 »

Just watched the program..
I would say that yes you're going to get a lower percentage of homosexuals in a game like football.. Like how you could get a higher percentage in the arts.. But what isn't going to help is the fact that football is a 'mans' sport, testosterone fueled and so on, if I were gay and a good footballer I wouldn't want to come out because it's not something socially acceptable.

I know people are saying 'who cares, let them keep their private lives private' but I think that's missing the point. It's not that people want to know, it's just trying to get to the point that a homosexual in the Prem could come out without abuse. By saying 'we don't care' it surely backs gay people into a corner where the feel they can't express themselves. And isn't that what livings about? Expressing yourself?

.... Or have I just had a few too many beers?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 22:41:47 »

If homosexuals weren't so sensitive then the songs about them being gay wouldn't upset them so much.
Dazzza

« Reply #88 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 23:05:40 »

ha ha ha Leefer , do you think all gay men are like John Inman or Dale Winton?

Conjures up images of Inman mincing up the left wing shouting I'm Free.

TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 23:11:09 »

If homosexuals weren't so sensitive then the songs about them being gay wouldn't upset them so much.

That's like saying if black people weren't so sensitive then racial abuse wouldn't upset them. Unless it was a joke. Which i'm kind of thinking it is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: