Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 1662 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9007218 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24870 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 17:48:44 »

'Always like James Dunne. He's someone we've probably never replaced as he's a proper hard bastard to have in the middle. Got a good signing there....'

This guy sounds the business at League 2 level. Very pleasing to get a tough tackler in the door relatively quickly.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24871 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 17:48:59 »

TBH, some of the players Lou signed in Division 4 were hardly well known. Peter Coyne was one who would have been readily labelled, meh, today - but he did his job.

PV mentioned Kenny Allen... however he was reasonably well known not only for his Torquay games v Town, but for his HPool display in 69 at the CG some 16 years before we signed him.

Peter Coyne was a ManU kid, who had played a lot for Crewe, before drifting to non league.... I had heard of him.

The likes of David Cole, Paul Roberts, Bryan Wade and Colin Gordon were complete unknowns.

I remember watching Colin Calderwood play for the Stags at the CG, and thinking he looked useful and the sort of thing we could do with, so was excited when Lou signed him.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #24872 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 17:52:00 »

When will tickets be on sale??   Wink
No one told me there was a raffle.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24873 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:08:19 »

With Lou the point I was trying to make more so than about knowing the players was that Lou knew what was needed for this league and knew the players that would give him what he needed.

He identified how most teams at the time would play against us and signed players that would counter them, but more so got them playing as a solid unit for each other and with bags of fitness too.

I forget how many times we scored in the last 10 mins of games due to our fitness being so high.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24874 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:31:37 »

fantastic, two players I know nothing about that may be good, bad or somewhere in-between.

welcome back proper football!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #24875 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:35:51 »

One of those players who has always been a dependable lower league regular - another solid signing so no complaints from me.

And yes, I am aware of what position he plays in Wink
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24876 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:55:38 »

Not overly excited about Mullin unless we can get a proper poacher beside him (Ajose  Yes).

Wonder if Norris will be in Flitcroft's plans. Big season for him.

Still clinging onto hopes O'Grady will sign but would be odd to have Mullin, Norris and him all competing for the target man role.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24877 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:59:29 »

Apparently Crawleys chairman has said that the sale of James Collins is inevitable with Coventry and Luton making 6 figure bids for him.

Would he be a player we are interested in again? a big hit at this level for us, Northampton, Shrewsbury and Crawley.

I guess if it came down to us and Coventry he would probably go to his home town (and club he supports) ahead of us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24878 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:01:35 »

Apparently Crawleys chairman has said that the sale of James Collins is inevitable with Coventry and Luton making 6 figure bids for him.

Would he be a player we are interested in again? a big hit at this level for us, Northampton, Shrewsbury and Crawley.

I guess if it came down to us and Coventry he would probably go to his home town (and club he supports) ahead of us.
Would love him back. Rated him as our best striker at the time he left.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24879 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:05:34 »

With Lou the point I was trying to make more so than about knowing the players was that Lou knew what was needed for this league and knew the players that would give him what he needed.

He identified how most teams at the time would play against us and signed players that would counter them, but more so got them playing as a solid unit for each other and with bags of fitness too.

I forget how many times we scored in the last 10 mins of games due to our fitness being so high.

Nobody gets them all right.... at the start of 85/86, Lou had signed Tony Evans, who like the returning Mossy, had pedigree but legs had gone, and Joke Findlay, who had pedigree by the gallon down his neck.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24880 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:42:16 »

Would be an absolute no brainer for me, just look at his goalscoring record
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #24881 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:42:52 »

Nobody gets them all right.... at the start of 85/86, Lou had signed Tony Evans, who like the returning Mossy, had pedigree but legs had gone, and Joke Findlay, who had pedigree by the gallon down his neck.

Shakey Jakey went on to become a driving instructor.

From dubious shot stopping to successful emergency stopping apparently.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24882 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:48:00 »

Well, his pic confirms he looks a real hard bastard - better not boo him.

Btw, has BOO landed anywhere?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24883 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:55:44 »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/crawleynews/15372179.The_seven_figure_tale_of_how_Turkish_owner_is_keeping_Crawley_afloat___and_why_sale_of_star_striker_looks_inevitable/

Looks like Crawley are just holding out for as much as they can get for Collins. I don't see us winning a bidding war to be honest.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #24884 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 20:51:53 »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/crawleynews/15372179.The_seven_figure_tale_of_how_Turkish_owner_is_keeping_Crawley_afloat___and_why_sale_of_star_striker_looks_inevitable/

Looks like Crawley are just holding out for as much as they can get for Collins. I don't see us winning a bidding war to be honest.
He wouldn't come back here anyway. We pretty much forced him out and even played him in defence in a friendly if I remember correctly to show how unwanted he was.
Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 1662 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: