Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inspirational  (Read 2827 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:10:27 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
If  Iffy gets our crock of shit into mid table.....he'll deserve  manager of the year.

The damage was done in the summer by the wage cutting of the board.
... and compounded by the persistent bizarre selections and formations of King. Iffy has to lift the spirts of a whole bunch of players who have been ground down and discarded with no hope in the face of underperforming bought has-beens and loans.

Man management - My Arse
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:11:35 »

I bet Nicholas plays the rest of the season now King has gone.

deservedly so on Saturday's performance...
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:27:26 »

Had the budget not been cut King would have simply re-signed half of the players released in the summer anyway.  Are we really in the sort of situation where we miss the likes of Duke, Hewlett and Howard?  For all their honesty Robinson and Heywood were far from irreplaceable while Parkin’s departure was always a foregone conclusion budget cuts or not.

Yes king couldn’t bring in some of the replacements he wanted but had he been given a full budget he wouldn’t have needed to sign replacements anyway.  Besides where it mattered in Parkin he was gifted his first choice two so the argument just doesn’t wash.

I’m brutally disappointed to date this season but I really fail to believe that with the exception of Heywood and Parkin that the rest of this squad is worse or even on a par to the one that departed last season.

Howard and Grunt Smith I reserve judgement on.  Howard as a central midfielder as King saw him is inferior to Pook while on appearances to date at Shitty Grunt may well have proved to be a flash in the pan.

Lest we forget we have used more first team players this season than any other team in this division.

Got a feeling this “crock of shit” will turn out to be a real stubborn floater.   :old:

fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:31:10 »

Sonic - yet Nicholas got only 5 out of 10 in the adver ... sack that bloody idiot reporter I say ... as i agree with you Nicholas was good!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:37:02 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I bet Nicholas plays the rest of the season now King has gone.

deservedly so on Saturday's performance...
Don't bet on it. Will only happen with WB in 532 or if Smith goes to RB in 442.

Lets hope that Iffy has the sense to rotate players to keep them sharp and feeling they belong.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:37:22 »

If you change, more or less a whole squad, in one go, then you're asking for problems....the likes of Hewlett, Duke and Igoe  may not have been great, but they could do you a job....King has spent the first 10 games basically trying to find players and a system that might look like winning a few games..

Having tried out so many permutations, all he got was a realisation that we haven't got too many that merit a regular place....

The KOB believe that somewhere in our squad is a decent side waiting to escape...I don't think so......we'll see.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 18:46:12 »

reg, i'd like to think we're able to play better than we have been. i dont think anyone's under the illusion we've got a fantastic side here, but i hope we're better than this!!!

Piemonte

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 19:09:45 »

If  Iffy gets our crock of shit into mid table.....he'll deserve  manager of the year.

The damage was done in the summer by the wage cutting of the board.

Reg, for one of the first times I disagree with you.

Whilst it was far from helpful, I think king did a very good job of assembling a fairly talented squad which even has a little bit of depth with the 20% cut.

Fair enough 4 of them are on loan, but I'd be shocked if the likes of Whalley, Cureton and Thorpe carry on their current crapness for the entire season.

As I've said in another thread, King did the hard bit well in the summer, his motivational skills and tactical knowledge have let him down since.

What would have happened if we had the extra 20%? The likes of Duke, Igoe, Howard would have stayed. great.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 19:22:28 »

I also disagree with you Reg.  Only time will tell but I believe 100% that we have the makings of a good side.  As the Piemiester said, King did the hard work getting the squad together.  Once assembled he didn't have a f******* clue what to do with them.

A decent manager would turn those individual players into a decent side.  I see no reason why that cannot be Iffy (assisted, I assume by Woan).

I agree with the original point by the way.  Gray should have said the club's aim was the play offs. Always aim high.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 19:54:32 »

Like the last two, disagree.....we are better than 23rd....not much, but we are
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 20:28:24 »

If you change, more or less a whole squad, in one go, then you're asking for problems....the likes of Hewlett, Duke and Igoe  may not have been great, but they could do you a job....King has spent the first 10 games basically trying to find players and a system that might look like winning a few games..

Having tried out so many permutations, all he got was a realisation that we haven't got too many that merit a regular place....

The KOB believe that somewhere in our squad is a decent side waiting to escape...I don't think so......we'll see.

I mostly agree with you there. I'll of course give the team/manager my backing but I just see a complete lack of quality, mainly in midfield (Migs aside).

Add to that the number of loan signings we have and I guess a certain amount of uncertainty come renewal time in January, I'm very worried.

I think we can stay up but if we are really honest we are paying 4th division wages, lately playing to 4th division crowds and being run by 4th division men/lady in charge. So what is a realistic aim for STFC?
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 12:50:47 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i think it is realistic, and considering where we are, i think saying we are aiming for playoffs might put fans hopes up. even though, saying we are aiming for mid table makes me wanna come and watch!

I'd like to hear the context in which this was put. For a club of our stature this is always going to generate a sense of revulsion. I'd imagine she was not talking about mid-table as our standard?

"Great save, Digby."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 13:02:58 »

I'd be shocked if the likes of Whalley, Cureton and Thorpe carry on their current crapness for the entire season.

Thorpe and Cureton  have been crap for a year now....Cureton 1 goal Thorpe 2.

Its not likely they'll suddenly come good.....to still score goals into your 30's you've got to have a hunger and pride....think Windass  and Claridge....also Mooney.

Neither of our two have it.

Whalley played 6 games or so  last season....and clearly is not fully fit....whether now that's as good as it gets for him, I'm not sure.....but if it is he doesn't justify a place.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 13:05:15 »

But Whalley loves training, it's his favourite thig about being a pro, you'd think he'd be in fucking shape then wouldn't you.

He needs to be dropped for a while.  I've already had enough of his pathetic through balls that constantly go out for a goal kick.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 15:26:34 »

I liked the look of McDermott when he came on.  He played a couple of good balls and made a couple of good runs.  Maybe he will start at Donny???
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: