Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Give Iffy A Chance!  (Read 2089 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:46:45 »

Already it would appear certain sections of the fans are already unhappy over the choice of replacement to Andy King. Lets give the guy a chance. Before all pointing out the negatives lets look at the positives behind Iffy for manager even if only tempory. He knows the players, he is a former town player, a genuine nice guy and seems to handle the media much better than King. Hopefully the players who should also accept much of the blame for the poor start to the season will respond to Iffy and his modern approach to the game.

Last of all I would like to thank Andy King for all his efforts. He to was a nice bloke if you ever met him, just stubbern and self rightious i'm afraid. Although he left on a low ebb lets not forget some of the players he did find for us in the likes of Parkin, Davis, Milner and Jackson. Oh and not forgetting Eric Sabin. Possibly the worst ever player in a town shirt!

The King is gone. Long live the King.

SINGING I I IFFY I I, SINGING I I IFFY I I.......................
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:48:51 »

well said. Iffy's got my total backing, we can only go upwards from here really!!!

Compo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:50:02 »

in more than one sense.......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:50:11 »

Fully behind Iffy....

I hope he does well, because he is a past player, one who did well for us he should get the respect of the fans and players.

Plus I think the players will 'fear' him more than they ever did King. I dont think Iffy is frightened of dropping a few 'key' players, where as King often wouldnt drop certain players
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:55:02 »

So is the end of 4-5-1 and players out of position? With Iffy can we expect an attacking approach to the game?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:57:20 »

im behind him, as i back whoever is in charge.

but i do prefer kingy, i said that if any of the coaching staff take over it wouldn't be a step forward. in my opinion this isn't good and we have a 'brian tinnion' situation.

hopefully im wrong.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:57:25 »

JACKSON??? :shock:  of all the things to thank king for, a shockingly overrated future tottenham reject isnt one of them.

good post otherwise though.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:58:12 »

we shall see for the first time tomorrow night.
i hope he goes all out to win the game.

will be a big boost for the fans/players.

follow this by a win at Franchise and 10'000 will be there for the Vale game.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:58:43 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"
So is the end of 4-5-1 and players out of position? With Iffy can we expect an attacking approach to the game?

Think we have to - surely he's seen that trying to be containing isn't working, so hopefully Shakes and Nicolau will get a fair shout - he'd have loved two out-and-out wingers getting balls into the box for him, as no doubt Rory would like.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:58:56 »

i fucking hope so...

now i think about it, matches wont be the same again... trying to figure out who's where, why the best players from the previous match have been dropped, why theres a right back on the left wing, WHY WHALLEY IS STILL GETTING A GAME...  Soapy Tit Wank

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:04:53 »

Whalley is fucking shit, he has done nothing to impress me all season.  I hope Iffy selects "his" team tomorrow.  Let's take it to those south Yorkshire poofters.
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:21:59 »

Can someone clarify for me have we appointed Iffy as a permanent replacement to King or is he just standing in?

The official site seems to point to the latter and indicate that he's only 'handling day to day affairs'.

However the Adver seem to think he's all set to be unveiled as the next manager (if he hasn't already).

Mucho Cheers & source appreciated, linkage even better!

Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:31:06 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
JACKSON??? :shock:  of all the things to thank king for, a shockingly overrated future tottenham reject isnt one of them.

good post otherwise though.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, he scored one good free kick and that was it!. I think he's signed permanently for Derby now?.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:31:53 »

said the press conference, he is temp.....we'll wait and see how he does...
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:33:44 »

I hope he does well but id sooner have someone with a bit more experience, i just hope it isnt Atkins!.

Good luck Mr Iffy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: