Poll
Question: Happy?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:36:47)
Happy - 22 (57.9%)
Agrieved? - 16 (42.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We seem quite divided.  (Read 5501 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:31:34 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Not many managers get practically sod all to spend and have to sell any half decent player we did have!

How many 'half decent players' did he have to sell?

During his time he has actually spent more than the going rate for a club in our league, so that's not really fair to say.

OK he had no money this term, but that is perhaps because the board backed him before and it got us nowhere.
fatbury

« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:31:55 »

I seriously cannot understand why you are being so negative about this - OK he's new to the job, but every manager has to be at some point.

You moan about the KOB, but you're a founder member of the OOB, without even seeing us kick a ball under his stewardship - you're even suggesting you won't give him a chance by turning up to support him.

In my book this is very bad form mate.

I probably will go .. it was a knee jerk reaction .. I just think the board are trying to take the heat away from themselves by appointing someone new .. Ill give him a chance I just want someone with more ambition to take over - and I dont mean as manager but as OWNER!

To the Board - If you want a good manager at no expense appoint the guy that led Highworth to the Hellenic League title with no resources - John Fisher!! He would be cheap thas for sure!

But if you want a new direction take a chance and try and get Sir Clive down here! Think of the media attention!! Think of the extra interest!!

THINK!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:32:49 »

I'm most interested to see how our current squad do under a new man in charge.

I feel sorry for Andy King. But what can you do.
Piemonte

« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:34:00 »

I seriously cannot understand why you are being so negative about this - OK he's new to the job, but every manager has to be at some point.

You moan about the KOB, but you're a founder member of the OOB, without even seeing us kick a ball under his stewardship - you're even suggesting you won't give him a chance by turning up to support him.

In my book this is very bad form mate.

I probably will go .. it was a knee jerk reaction .. I just think the board are trying to take the heat away from themselves by appointing someone new .. Ill give him a chance I just want someone with more ambition to take over - and I dont mean as manager but as OWNER!

To the Board - If you want a good manager at no expense appoint the guy that led Highworth to the Hellenic League title with no resources - John Fisher!! He would be cheap thas for sure!

But if you want a new direction take a chance and try and get Sir Clive down here! Think of the media attention!! Think of the extra interest!!

THINK!

THINK OF THE LACK OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE. Fabury - pull yourself together man. you're clutching at straws here
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:34:22 »

Think of the cost!!!!

As for an ambitious owner I'm afraid it's not just a case of the board waking up one day and thinking - ooh lets sell our club to one of the multiple possible inverstors we have been hiding away for all these years.
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:35:35 »

I know its unlikely but Sir Clive could BE the investor .. surely he has some cash?
fatbury

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:36:43 »

One thing I must make clear I will always support Swindon whoever is in charge ... Unless its McMahon of course!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:37:20 »

I know its unlikely but Sir Clive could BE the investor .. surely he has some cash?

Why would he want to be the inevestor when he actually gets PAID to do his job at the Saints?
fatbury

« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:38:41 »

Well i was hoping the idea of having his own club would appeal  
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:40:21 »

Well i was hoping the idea of having his own club would appeal  

I'm sure his ambition is to one day be involved with coaching/managing England - he can't do that if he owns a club.
fatbury

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:41:45 »

oh well ... heres to Iffy's era then SIGH  Beers
normy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:43:15 »

Unable to vote, because there is no choice for " just accept and support ".

ust be the oldest
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:46:01 »

I am not happy that king has gone if I'm honest but I will support Iffy because I think he could do well for us.

RED ARMY
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:47:06 »

Fatbury,you have to be realistic mate.We ain't got any money,so the chances of a glamorous outside appointment are slim.Maybe someone with a history with us ,like shaun taylor would be in with a chance,personally i wouldn't have a problem with him coming in.But i think iffy could do a job as well.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:48:34 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Fatbury,you have to be realistic mate.We ain't got any money,so the chances of a glamorous outside appointment are slim.Maybe someone with a history with us ,like shaun taylor would be in with a chance,personally i wouldn't have a problem with him coming in.But i think iffy could do a job as well.

He'd certainly do better than other suggestions he has made like Trollope (I know he's your mate fatbury, but come on) and Steve White.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: