Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69517 times)
DRS

« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:52:01 »

Be honest though.His job this year is to get us up simple as that.He wasn't going to turn to youth for that was he? I would rather he spent saturday mornings preparing our games than watching the youths.
Flashheart

« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:52:33 »

Flint has previous....

The 'rumours' of him getting pissed up, fighting (getting knocked out) and stuff.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:55:14 »

Flint has previous....

The 'rumours' of him getting pissed up, fighting (getting knocked out) and stuff.

Centre backs need to be a little feisty.

Our beloved John Terry is a prime example.  Cheesy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:57:17 »

Do other teams managers watch them play then? I was under the impression youth team coaches & managers sorted that shit out.

I think we do try and bring youth through, but most of the time they don't live up to potential or sign for a bigger team.
Flashheart

« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 21:57:23 »

from what i've been told no he doesn't and has never watched a single youth game

I'm not trying to be belligerent

Just wondering how they can complain about not getting noticed/watched when two (four if you include Kennedy and Bodin) have been given games.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:06:17 »

Centre backs need to be a little feisty.

Our beloved John Terry is a prime example.  Cheesy
Beloved? blokes a cunt.  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:08:08 »

I'm not trying to be belligerent

Just wondering how they can complain about not getting noticed/watched when two (four if you include Kennedy and Bodin) have been given games.

Kennedy and Bodin are pros.
The first issue i have already covered.

The boss can do what he likes and i think he has been brilliant for us. i just can see where the youth lads are coming from
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:10:14 by arriba » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:12:56 »

But I can't see where they are coming from considering Thompson and Storey have been given games
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:16:42 »

But I can't see where they are coming from considering Thompson and Storey have been given games

Yeah. And Paolo's not going to be ignorant and turn a blind eye on potential first-team players. He obviously knows the standard isn't good enough and hasn't even bothered to assess it properly or whatnot.

Paolo's never wrong.

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:23:04 »

You can't see it i can. Best to agree to disagree i think
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:24:22 »

re the first teamer who won't play again (or similar).

He said he didn't want to play one of the offenders but had to beacuse he only had 3 centre backs.
As Flint was only on the bench he must be prime suspect.

Reading the back of Adver it seems he was talking about McCormack, but he had more of an excuse?

In relation to the player who won't play until we're promoted or whatever, his name hasn't cropped up on here as a possible candidate, but a colleague at work reckons it's Ritchie.  I have no idea, but he does seem to have been out for longer than anticipated?  I hope it's not, he's a class above Holmes and Rooney.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:28:07 »

In relation to the player who won't play until we're promoted or whatever, his name hasn't cropped up on here as a possible candidate, but a colleague at work reckons it's Ritchie.  I have no idea, but he does seem to have been out for longer than anticipated?  I hope it's not, he's a class above Holmes and Rooney.

Now that really would be a worry. Shirley not.

Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:36:49 »

I heard that Ritchie has been faking injury or making things seem a lot worse than they were and Di Canio is fuming, just a rumour and one that hopefully isn't true but seems odd that he carried on playing against Rovers yet he hasn't featured since.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:40:10 »

I think he was referring to Flint as on BBC Wilts he basically said that Flint had achieved nothing in his career so far yet behaves like a big time Charlie or words to that effect. Then he went on about him thinking he is tough but falling over "like a little rabbit" for their goal. To be honest I was pissing myself laughing at this point having heard him say we were sheeet and had no bollocks, but that was the gist of it.

Much rather that sort of interview than what we had to put up listening to from Hart just 12 sorry months ago.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 22:47:32 »

Jeez can't believe some of the conjecture and half arsed opinions on the last 2 pages being alluded to as facts, some of you should know better.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: