Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5k to Coventry  (Read 101217 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 22:00:44 »

Well that initiative has been greeted will all the enthusiasm of Vigs rolling it out to a man-marked Branco or Turnbull.  

For chrissakes Trust, Get it Forward!

Would be useful to have a Trust mover and shaker on here to explain and motivate as the idea feels a bit random and for the target 5k seriously underprepared.

Last time we took 5k for a standard match in the last 20 years - Reading?

I don't know for sure, because as I was living away, I didn't get much chance to go during the Premiership season, but didn't we take 8k or something to Old Trafford ?
(or was that in the cup ?)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 22:19:24 »

Cup in 1996 . Paul fucking Scholes scored the winner, back when he was still a striker.

Got a puncture on the way home.

Loved the stream of cars at about 12:30am along the 417 from Birdlip heading back to Swindon.

A lot of day trippers/Man U fans went to that one. Not complaining, but its a bit different from Coventry in the league.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 22:21:59 by Batch » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 22:49:41 »

I prefer it when there are less, more room at the bar! Was a pain in the arse PDC L2, we kept selling out and I could never get a beer at half time. Burton, Stevenage, Northampton, Aldershot and Dagenham spring to mind (although daggers may have been the year before)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 08:55:25 »

Not a bad shout, certainly a good turn out. That was our last trip to the MadStad, seems like a lifetime ago.

Agree, for normal league games I think Reading was the best in the last 20 years. I remember we took a fair few to Stoke around 2000? Last game of the season and we were staring relegation in the face towards the end of it. However Bristol Rovers managed to secure the last spot before that match by losing all their games in hand.

I doubt if we've ever took 5k away since the premier season. Not including cup or play off games.
china red

« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 09:19:05 »

Didn't we take 4K to Coventry for Kevin MacDonalds first game in charge?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 09:25:31 »

Officially it was 3000, but there was definitely a lot more than that.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 09:54:30 »

Agree, for normal league games I think Reading was the best in the last 20 years. I remember we took a fair few to Stoke around 2000? Last game of the season and we were staring relegation in the face towards the end of it. However Bristol Rovers managed to secure the last spot before that match by losing all their games in hand.

I doubt if we've ever took 5k away since the premier season. Not including cup or play off games.
I went to that Stoke game. Sat behind Ian Woan!! Didn't think there was 4000 there! Does their away end even hold 4k? U normally only get half of that stand behind the goals!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 09:57:18 »

I was there, we packed out that whole stand. Their attendances weren't as big those days. Think we got dicked about 4-1, O'Halloran for us IIRC. We were the first league game played at the Britannia actually. Won 2-1, no idea who scored as I was only a kid, but good to ruin their party.

Reading away was brilliant too! Would love another away game against them, they're my local team nowadays.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 10:04:43 »

That day at stoke was crazy.

I vaguely remember a tom jones look a like being on the pitch?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 10:33:47 »

That day at stoke was crazy.

I vaguely remember a tom jones look a like being on the pitch?

It's not unusual.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 10:47:00 »

Mornin' all.
I sit on the Trust's board now so, though I'm not sure I count as a 'mover and shaker', I thought I'd quickly pop on to explain.
This is very much an effort to simply get as many fans to an away match - one of the club's closest and quite possibly most attractive for occasional travellers - as possible. Yes, the 5k figure is silly but it's not really a goal that MUST be achieved. But fuck me would it be good if it was.
It's not taking up much Trust resource to put together, it's not costing any money from the RAF fund to put together and it's just a daft notion to try to get supporters talking about going to an away game. In all fairness, we know 5k isn't going to happen but it'd be great if, in encouraging such a ridiculous attendance, two dozen kids encouraged their folks to take them to an away match for the first time.
For those who are saying 'why waste time and energy on this when you could be going out into schools?' the Trust has been heavily engaged in efforts to get more youngsters through the County Ground gates for many months and continue to be active in that initiative right now.
A lot of ideas to bolster home attendances and CG experience have taken a lot of effort to get through the club, but the board will continue to put ideas to the club and hopefully get a good response in time.
If the car-pooling option to games that has come up from the 5k to Coventry initiative gets a few more people travelling, taking their kids etc, then this has worked. If people want to ridicule it come March 20 then that's okay with us. Hopefully, if you can make it to the Ricoh on March 19 you'll join us. If not, no worries. It's only an idea.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 29, 2016, 10:49:20 by Sam Morshead » Logged
DRS

« Reply #71 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 10:53:06 »

Mornin' all.
I sit on the Trust's board now so, though I'm not sure I count as a 'mover and shaker', I thought I'd quickly pop on to explain.
This is very much an effort to simply get as many fans to an away match - one of the club's closest and quite possibly most attractive for occasional travellers - as possible. Yes, the 5k figure is silly but it's not really a goal that MUST be achieved. But fuck me would it be good if it was.
It's not taking up much Trust resource to put together, it's not costing any money from the RAF fund to put together and it's just a daft notion to try to get supporters talking about going to an away game. In all fairness, we know 5k isn't going to happen but it'd be great if, in encouraging such a ridiculous attendance, two dozen kids encouraged their folks to take them to an away match for the first time.
For those who are saying 'why waste time and energy on this when you could be going out into schools?' the Trust has been heavily engaged in efforts to get more youngsters through the County Ground gates for many months and continue to be active in that initiative right now.
A lot of ideas to bolster home attendances and CG experience have taken a lot of effort to get through the club, but the board will continue to put ideas to the club and hopefully get a good response in time.
If the car-pooling option to games that has come up from the 5k to Coventry initiative gets a few more people travelling, taking their kids etc, then this has worked. If people want to ridicule it come March 20 then that's okay with us. Hopefully, if you can make it to the Ricoh on March 19 you'll join us. If not, no worries. It's only an idea.
Can you give me a lift
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 11:40:03 »

Mornin' all.
Good post. I've had a titful of those who knock the Trust tbh.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 11:46:01 »

At least the Trust is trying to encourage people to follow the Town which is more than the club is doing.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #74 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 11:47:10 »

Without meaning to sound overly negative, but by setting a target that is almost certainly impossible, you invite criticism when the target is inevitably not met. Pointing out that fact is not knocking the Trust.

I would fucking love us to take 5k to Cov, mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: