Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5k to Coventry  (Read 101214 times)
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 07:33:12 »

Fair play to the Trust for trying to drum up some numbers for a positive day out - and it's hardly either / or in relation to promoting home games too.

I think the official number given for the KMac game at the Ricoh was 3,000 - but given the chaos and the extra section that was opened it was more like 3,800.

Last time we managed 5,000?  How about Villa in the Premier? 

Funnily enough it wasn't too long after another huge number turned up at...Coventry.

So why on earth should we not aim high and take an impressive number?  Many of us occasional away fans have had few decent opportunities this season...so let's get on with it!

That's how I feel about it... desperately short of decent away games this year... So a few of us are going now....So much negativity to this initiative - no wonder people are afraid to try new ideas...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 08:31:14 »

That's how I feel about it... desperately short of decent away games this year... So a few of us are going now....So much negativity to this initiative - no wonder people are afraid to try new ideas...

Afraid to try new ideas? Like going to Coventry!  Girl Giggle

No doubt a lot of people will go to this match anyway due to its locality compared to the rest of the treks this season. No doubt about it, if we took 5k it would be fantastic, but let's try and push any campaigns towards our own ground and try an initiative where by you end up financially supporting our team than some foreign owners in Coventry.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 08:35:36 »

This has got to be our closest club this season hasn't it?..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 09:29:06 »

I'll be going but realistically speaking unless the club subsidises travel, we will be lucky to get to 2k. 5k would be bloody brilliant but can't see it happening
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 10:31:44 »

Also what about the time we played Gillingham in the playoffs at Selhurst Park? Now that was an army!!

Its for a regular game though, this was a playoff final. We had about 2/3 rd's of at 18500 attendance iirc. We had the big terrace down one side.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 11:10:36 »

Well that initiative has been greeted will all the enthusiasm of Vigs rolling it out to a man-marked Branco or Turnbull.  

For chrissakes Trust, Get it Forward!

Would be useful to have a Trust mover and shaker on here to explain and motivate as the idea feels a bit random and for the target 5k seriously underprepared.

Last time we took 5k for a standard match in the last 20 years - Reading?

Not a bad shout, certainly a good turn out. That was our last trip to the MadStad, seems like a lifetime ago.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 11:47:39 »

Haven't been to an away game yet but this is the closest one for me (and many others I'm guessing) so I might try and get up there. We won't get near 5K though!
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 11:50:04 »

Even for an eternal optimist, this looks a bit daft.

We've not taken 5k to a league game in my lifetime outside of the Premier League.  We rustled up 8k for Man Utd away in 1996 in the league cup and we've had the odd important game where we've been doing well and managed 3k plus,  but not a chance of this happening without some huge subsidies and promotion in place.

Brentford's ground isn't big enough for 5k away, even on the occasions where we've filled the away end and spilled over into the side stands.

Much better would be an effort to replicate the Birmingham home game in 92/93 where tickets were something like £3.  Sadly it was 0-0 and freezing cold.

Get off the Trust's back and support the team
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:11:55 »

5k? Don't want to knock the trust but jesus this is a bit silly. Half that would be nice.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:51:50 »

I think even the biggest optimist realises we won't get 5K, but it might drum a few peoples interest and add a few extra to the attendance. If our form continues to go the way it has been (and whisper this quietly) we could, potentially, be in with a shout of the top 6 by the time this game comes around. I don't think this will be the case, but it's not impossible and it would certainly attract a few extras.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 13:11:00 »

Everyone has pipe dreams I suppose. No harm in it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 14:43:07 »

I think 5k might be a shot too far but 4k is achievable. If promoted enough people may turn up as so many others are. Also promotion this early means people may save money for this game as opposed to potential other away games.
Closest ground probably this season (bar maybe Walsall or Millwall?), could get 5k if on a really good run at the time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 14:44:19 »

Last time we managed 5,000? 

Took 6000 to Fulham in FA Cup 2010 didn't we?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 14:49:19 »

Fuck me was that 6 year ago?
I remember Henshall was on the bench and hoping he'd get on the pitch and save us as he was supposed to be our great hope!

And look how far he got.

Never knowingly overstated.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 15:17:12 »

I remember Henshall was on the bench and hoping he'd get on the pitch and save us as he was supposed to be our great hope!
And look how far he got.

According to Wiki he's still at Ipswich. Never plays though, weird how he hasn't been loaned to a league 2 team
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: