Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34846 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:31:02 »

Fleck has fractured his skull. Get well soon!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:33:18 »

To be fair in the matchday thread, the majority are referring to us as one of the best teams in the division.  They're more upset about losing a 2 goal lead rather than who it was against.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/21870-Swindon-vs-Coventry-Matchday-Thread/page26
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:33:59 »

I read there matchday thread.  They seem allright actually.  

On a different subject.  That Mcgoldrick fella, good player.  But as someone else pointed out we have someone like him in Williams.  Even down to the trick which he seemed to base most of his game on of turning the defender.  Just like Williams does it.  Really want Williams fit and getting into the groove.  

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:43:24 »

Fleck has fractured his skull. Get well soon!
Bloody hell that is bad. Hope he makes a full recovery.Good player.
Coca Fola

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 22:54:14 »

Whilst his incessant whining/bitching/moaning is an ever increasingly frustrating trait, he is a perfectionist. In Paolo's mind we should be romping the league unbeaten with 46 clean sheets and the 22 best players money can buy.

I've taken the time to consider it and, whilst the things he says annoy me rather a lot sometimes, I'd rather Paolo in charge than the likes of Danny Wilson.
Well said
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 01:40:43 »

At 2 zip down I thought there was no way back but in the end we might if nicked it!

Mateys facial crunch looked very bad indeed, he was spaced out!

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 02:00:58 »

I have some 15 years experience in speaking with people that can't convey their thoughts clearly,

15 years on the 25% football, 80% bollocks forum?  Congratulations
nochee

« Reply #217 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 02:26:34 »

Absolute rubbish. Any teams support would be singing when 2.0 up away from home. Didn't hear much from them when we started to fight back. As to the actual football, we made it hard for ourselves but we still had more of the ball than them and were unlucky to be 2 goals down.

If you think I was talking rubbish, fair enough. As fans we all have different opinions. I like to sit up near the away fans in the Arkells, not because I like throwing hand gestures over a 8ft gap that is guarded by stewards but because there is always space and its a good view of the game. Cov fans were vocal from the start, way before they scored their first. Maybe because i was sat close to them the effect was greater in my ears. Fact is, away fans are usually more vocal than home fans and lets be honest, our lot are not the loudest at home.

Footballing wise, it could have been a completely different story had Bostock scored in the opening minutes, we would have crucified them, but it wasent to be. First half, Coventry played lovely football. They passed well, created space and put us under enough pressure to cause us to play that bastard long ball game again. We didn't play as bad as the leyton orient and Colchester games but Coventry were better than the aforementioned teams.

It's already Been said about the subs we made and how we changed our shape. I also couldn't believe that Richie was subbed, but along with other circumstances it worked. My first thought at the final whistle was that we pulled off what pompey failed to do to us at fratton park.

Anyhow, a point earned when you are 2-0 down is much sweeter than when you are 2-0 up.

It's late, I'm hammered and I probably won't understand what I've wrote here when I wake up.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 02:41:38 »

i thought they were very preston like but with a bit more football, i was getting really annoyed with their players holding up play by going down so often, exactly like preston...

think it was saxondale who thought we should have had a pen?  from where i was i thought it was outside the box but a definite foul.

murphy was a cunt up at scunthorpe when cox scored that fantastic hat-trick and he's still a cunt now.  can't believe he got away with that double whammy out-of-the-box punch/elbow on benson.

the decision that i felt was truly awful though was when benson(?) was clearly offside but ferry came bursting through from midfield, i'm either completely interpreting the rules wrong or i'm an idiot but when a player doesn't interfere with play he can't be offside?  that would have never been an offside in the premiership with all the cameras present etc.  i am possibly wrong, i watch from the town end, can anybody shed any light?  at the time, and still now, i felt/feel that it was very incompetent officiating.

anyway, it was a good couple of hours of entertainment with the pantomime villain in the ref and collins scoring his first home goal against 'his' club so i'm fairly happy.

it was however evident that we will really miss williams - not that any of us doubted that - but it was a very pleasant surprise to find another system work for us, was just a little ironic that the first action bostock had seen for a while came in a game where his natural position was used after he'd been taken off.

hope the franchise get a humping on tv tomorrow

edit - something i meant to add but forgot...

when pdc leaves we will miss every single thing about him, sure sometimes he does and says things most of us don't agree with but i'd sooner have the things i don't agree with paolo on my mind than some drab tactician who doesn't understand fan culture - make the most of him while we can because for every pdc there's 20-30 paul harts
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 02:53:10 by Kinky Tom » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 07:43:34 »

Won't read the whole thread, but I thought that the free kick they got for their first goal was not a foul.  A Cov fan mate of mine confirmed I was right.  Just in case anyone was wondering.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 08:34:52 »

the decision that i felt was truly awful though was when benson(?) was clearly offside but ferry came bursting through from midfield, i'm either completely interpreting the rules wrong or i'm an idiot but when a player doesn't interfere with play he can't be offside?  that would have never been an offside in the premiership with all the cameras present etc.  i am possibly wrong, i watch from the town end, can anybody shed any light?  at the time, and still now, i felt/feel that it was very incompetent officiating.

No, you are completely right, we sit in the Arkells and had an excellent view.  It was an awful decision, but that lino was rather flag happy.

Won't read the whole thread, but I thought that the free kick they got for their first goal was not a foul.  A Cov fan mate of mine confirmed I was right.  Just in case anyone was wondering.

It was harsh.  I think Thompson got caught slighhtly which then led to the 'foul'?

And Nochee, I have to say that's a very good post for 3.30am whilst hammered.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 08:37:19 by joteddyred » Logged
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 09:02:44 »

I did not think at half time that Coventry were that much better than us to warrant a two goal lead. Yes we did not play great and many times u was left frustrated about our apparent willingness to get the ball down on the deck. It was usually Coventry usually got the ball down first. I was disappointed by both goals as they were soft. The free kick travelled a long way and was by no means a belter, wondered If Wes was left unsighted a bit. With regards to coventrys support I enjoyed their noise and it made it feel like a top of the table clash even if it  wasn't. Never heard pdc's rant and I'm glad I didn't. That is pdc but with it comes one if the hardest working managers in league football so with that in mind I just choose to ignore his rants. Last thought I hope both Navarro and the Coventry lad recover well never good to see anyone let alone two go off on a stretcher.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 09:13:01 »

Kinky Tom, it was definitely inside the box that Benson was fouled.  Im in the DRS 1 block in from the town end, so pretty much edge of the area.  Definitely in the area.

Never knowingly overstated.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 09:41:05 »

I thought Paolo's gesture of one hand above another was to the away fans i.e. we're above you wankers still
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 09:54:38 »

Great point really,thought we a bit negative at the begining.

They have some real quality about them,and i reckon they will be at least playoffs though we could have and maybe should have won it in the end.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: