Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 22469 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 09:23:31 »

Franchise are creating something this year. Russell Martin and Luke Williams - with Gladwin and Louis Thompson, passing sides to death, and being quite innovative at the same time. Goalkeeper dropping into the right back position at times yesterday, to allow the right back to push on, overloading on that side.

I totally agreee Franchise are building something and have quietly gone about their business and looked a decent team with a fit looking Gladwin, Thompson and have a real threat up front in Cameron Jerome at league one level 

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:26:51 »

Its definitely an open league with Crewe beating Peterborough and Franchise winning at Sunderland proof of that 

I think it suggests 15/16 relatively evenly matched teams and then another 8/9 at the bottom.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #407 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:27:39 »

Some honest reflections here.

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2020/november/david-edwards-reflects-on-towns-3-3-draw-with-swindon/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #408 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:37:23 »

If kovar had had the exact same performance he would be getting absolute pelters right now

Basically this.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:39:20 »

I think it suggests 15/16 relatively evenly matched teams and then another 8/9 at the bottom.

If we can sort the defence out we're a very dangerous team and who knows Hope & Pitman might form a decent partnership given time

So, give no fucks
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:57:56 »

The difference is that Kovar has made all those mistakes in pretty much every one of his 10 appearances, On Tuesday Fryer performed better than Kovar has in any game he has played, yes he didnt have a great game yesterday but he showed more in his last start that Kovar showed in any game, so far Fryer is 2 poor and 1 good game, Kovar is probably 1 good and 9 poor games.

When he has played the same amount of games as Kovar, and performed on par with him then we can call it, until then his ratio of good to bad is better than Kovars ratio.

The jury is still out on Fryer, and after just 3 games, 2 of which were in the EFL trophy its too early to tell if he is as poor a keeper as Kovar has been or if he is a marginal improvement on him.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:00:28 »

The difference is that Kovar has made all those mistakes in pretty much every one of his 10 appearances, On Tuesday Fryer performed better than Kovar has in any game he has played, yes he didnt have a great game yesterday but he showed more in his last start that Kovar showed in any game, so far Fryer is 2 poor and 1 good game, Kovar is probably 1 good and 9 poor games.

When he has played the same amount of games as Kovar, and performed on par with him then we can call it, until then his ratio of good to bad is better than Kovars ratio.

The jury is still out on Fryer, and after just 3 games, 2 of which were in the EFL trophy its too early to tell if he is as poor a keeper as Kovar has been or if he is a marginal improvement on him.

He never had a great game yesterday but certainly not at fault for all three goals

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #412 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:08:55 »

He never had a great game yesterday but certainly not at fault for all three goals
He didn't come out to make the claims he did against FGR but he was slow coming for a couple of crosses and had no chance with the 3rd at all.

The first 2 goals were bad defensive errors, so he had little chance.

I thought overall Fryer did ok, I just want him to be a bit more dominant in the box, he can do it, he did it at FGR but I think 2 early goals shook him yesterday, his kicking isn't great but Sheridan doesn't require his keepers to be sweeper keepers as Wellens does in which case he will be fine, all he has to do is pass to the nearest defender and not punt long balls up the pitch as Kovar likes to. Often Kovars long balls are not that good and the wind hampered any passing by all the players not just Fryer struggling with long passes.

Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:41:12 »

Very good point that.
If the runes had landed a bit differently this season then that could easily have been the 4th consecutive away league win.
Still confident that the unintentional we'll score more than you approach on the road will bear fruit soon.

Jonny Smith will be, if not already, one of those "worth the price of the admission to see him play"* footballers.
Final decision making maybe not quite all there yet (and that will come), but who cares, just a pleasure to watch someone prepared to take the full back on and quite often the cover as well and get in the box and get shots and crosses in.
It's great to see.
If Rapidflyer could produce a few more then that would be good, just send them over when they are ready.
We could still do with a central midfielder and a striker.

*I'd include Matt Smith and an on form DJ in that category as well.

Hi Bob  Cheesy Cheesy,

His 1yr older brother Matthew is a CM who unfortunately got ACL'd in the local Liverpool leagues and his 1yr younger brother Jason is a CH but went to Uni in Leeds (6ft4) think he was the postman's !!.... 3 brothers and a sister plus a new TV for me .... Eek
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:43:53 by Rapidflyer » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:43:15 »

He didn't come out to make the claims he did against FGR but he was slow coming for a couple of crosses and had no chance with the 3rd at all.

The first 2 goals were bad defensive errors, so he had little chance.

I thought overall Fryer did ok, I just want him to be a bit more dominant in the box, he can do it, he did it at FGR but I think 2 early goals shook him yesterday, his kicking isn't great but Sheridan doesn't require his keepers to be sweeper keepers as Wellens does in which case he will be fine, all he has to do is pass to the nearest defender and not punt long balls up the pitch as Kovar likes to. Often Kovars long balls are not that good and the wind hampered any passing by all the players not just Fryer struggling with long passes.

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal but he does look a little hesitant on his line. The second their player was allowed to cross the ball far too easily and the third they were able to run straight through the middle relatively with ease and unchallenged and finished off with a great shot giving him no chance. Maybe Sheriden will look to bring in an older more experience keeper as neither seem very assured and that's one position you can't ignore

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:47:03 »

I was thinking about the keeper situation yesterday and wondered why Wellens didn’t give McCormick another 1 year deal. He’s probably a better keeper than both Kovar and Fryer based on what I’ve seen. I guess as Benda was so fantastic last year he figured he could have repeated it with Kovar.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:49:55 »

McCormick wanted to go back to Plymouth i think as it was closer to home
Peter Venkman

« Reply #417 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:50:05 »

I was thinking about the keeper situation yesterday and wondered why Wellens didn’t give McCormick another 1 year deal. He’s probably a better keeper than both Kovar and Fryer based on what I’ve seen. I guess as Benda was so fantastic last year he figured he could have repeated it with Kovar.
Absolutely, McCormick never let us down when he played and is a far superior keeper to both ones we have now. Hes not got a game yet for Plymouth since returning either.

Probably another "ahem" incident with Wellens behind the scenes led to his leaving.

McCormick wanted to go back to Plymouth i think as it was closer to home
The same way that Crewe told the fans Anthony Grant wanted to move closer to his home in London before his move 15 miles down the road to Port Vale. Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #418 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 13:06:51 »

Disappointing hearing that Baxter was MotM yesterday for Accrington and has kept 3 clean sheets from his first 8 games for Accrington.

Such a shame we didn't do everything we could to sign him on loan, I can't truly imagine Accrington will be contributing more to his Chelsea wages than we were offering.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 13:14:38 »

Disappointing hearing that Baxter was MotM yesterday for Accrington and has kept 3 clean sheets from his first 8 games for Accrington.

Such a shame we didn't do everything we could to sign him on loan, I can't truly imagine Accrington will be contributing more to his Chelsea wages than we were offering.

I think that the quality of the defence also impacts upon the ability to keep a clean sheet.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: