Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A sou rce claims "takeover has hit a hitch"  (Read 11313 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:09:23 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Who's concerns though?  Fitton has made his offer and is reportedly happy with that.  Is it Andronikou who has concerns over Fitton's offer??  Clear as mud as far as I'm concerned.  Not good news.

I have a feeling Wills may come to the rescue of this deal, not sure why but I have a feeling they feel enough is enough and now is the time to get this deal through.

Quote from Bob Holt -

Town director Bob Holt cautiously insisted that he could "see nothing to stop the deal going forward.'' Holt told the Advertiser last night: "Andrew Fitton made the offer on Friday at 7.15pm, too late for it to get it to our lawyers until Monday.

"The lawyers now have the offer and we are waiting for an opinion from them. We expect that on Wednesday or Thursday. The only person who can change the deal is the buyer."

unquote

That seems to suggest that the ball is in Fittons court now, but, as we all know.....what Bob Holt says and what actually happens bears very little relevance to the truth!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:15:36 »

No the ball is in the club's court. They either accept or reject it. Simple.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:19:17 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

That is pretty much what I thought, it seems to be a wierd statement from the club albeit from Bob Holt.

Fitton has made an offer, the club either accept it or negotiate with Fitton to change it, which seems to be how its pregressed already thus again proving that Bob Holt is talking from his ass again  :?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:24:49 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"

That is pretty much what I thought, it seems to be a wierd statement from the club albeit from Bob Holt.

Fitton has made an offer, the club either accept it or negotiate with Fitton to change it, which seems to be how its pregressed already thus again proving that Bob Holt is talking from his ass again  :?

There won't be any negotiating. Fitton won't change his offer. It's the club's choice. So basically our club's future rests in the hands of the ever trusted SSW and Mike D. If they want to change terms at the last minute then Fitton will not negotiate and he'll walk away.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 23:10:00 »

they are bigger cunts than mclaren and the entire engerland team
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 01:40:57 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I can't see why Mike D would want to stall the deal? What can he get out of making sure this deal does not happen? The club will go bust and he'll look a laughing stock. What can he possibly be thinking? I just don't get it.

Freddie Shepherd made 27mill out of Newcastle....and he's now looking to buy a new club (northern, probably Leeds), but he says his motivation is that "football is a drug and a very powerful one".

Diamandis probably thinks something similar....it will be very difficult to give up his fix, and the fantasy of also making a vast pot.

Diamandis doesn't give a fuck about football, he's not going to make any doller whatsoever regardless now so what has he possibly got to gain by the sale not going through and the club going bust?  

Yes it's all very likely he's trying to work an angle for himself here but what possible grounds can he have for doing so?

The way I see it is that it's either he gets fuck all and the club go forward...or he gets fuck all and the club goes under.

In terms of him having a business future shouldn't he just shut the fuck up and hope we forget to make sure he never gets a decent job again rather than ensuring he will have Swindon fans tracking his every move to make sure he never gets any job again if this all goes tits up?

I just cannot begin to understand this guy's motivation, it's gone way past money now as they know it's either sell or go bankrupt, so where the hell is he coming from?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 08:07:06 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I just cannot begin to understand this guy's motivation, it's gone way past money now as they know it's either sell or go bankrupt, so where the hell is he coming from?

It's still money Tom. Plain and simple. If he's not going to get any then he'd rather us go bankrupt.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 08:13:21 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

It's still money Tom. Plain and simple. If he's not going to get any then he'd rather us go bankrupt.

SSW & the Wills own the majority. If they sell, Diamandis can do nothing.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 09:45:46 »

Basically the hitch is Diamandis.

He is not happy as he has been left out of the negotiations, and is trying to persudae SSW not to sell even at this late stage.

If the deal falls through with the resulting consequences, it is him who will be responsible.
sonic youth

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 09:47:57 »

no shit.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:19:21 »

Sandy Gray is correct.

Diamond would rather we went bust than himself not profit
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:29:03 »

Expect a further delay in the takeover now than Sturrock may be off to Plymouth. They will wait for a compensation payout before leaving
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:35:27 »

why cant these fuckers just sort it out!!! ARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:39:30 »

Get MD out of the way and it would be
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:45:32 »

Bart...stop repeating the same fucking point after every reply to this topic. You make a valid point but once is enough
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: