Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why cant this board just fuck off  (Read 22589 times)
TalkTalk

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 18:56:32 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Angry Alan.

Rarrrrrrggghhh!

Yep, I am angry.

Mainly because everybody has sat back and thinks it is all going to be ok.

It fucking isn't. This board and a certain Greek dictator aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs. He knows damn well how he is going to play this and has done for weeks. Even if you don't like him you can give him credit for being devious.

What would you do in his shoes? He isn't going to give up his income stream. EVER. He will do everything he can to hold on.

It's under two weeks until the end of the season. We are dogmeat.
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:03:27 »

You always have a fucking chip on your sholder aobut something, I assume this is about the banner on Saturday?

Perhaps you ought to take another "forum holiday", it did you good last time. I for one am sick of reading you laying into everyone because we're not doing enough - what do you want us all to do?

We can't do the season ticket boycott until the Trust organise it, none of us are twiddling our thumbs but there is VERY little we can do right now beside protest.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:06:38 »

It was nice to have a day off from the protests.

Just because we didn't protest doesn't mean we have given up
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:22:13 »

what happened with the flag?

TalkTalk

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:37:56 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
You always have a fucking chip on your sholder aobut something, I assume this is about the banner on Saturday?

It's "shoulder" and "about" btw.

No, it's nothing to do with the banner, although that is symptomatic.

Get real Sonic. I don't have a chip on my shoulder about anything and you should know that. If there's one thing I do know about then it's about campaigns.

Think about how the opposition are positioned at all times. And consider the worst case. If you don't then then you can't respond to all eventualities. If it's all fine and dandy then great, we're all smiling with a signed NDA, easy negotiations  and a consortium takeover. The flowers will blossom, the deer will frolic on Shaw Forest and everybody will have a happy summer.

On the other hand, it could all be a board ploy to take us to the end of the season and then we have nothing left as fans.

I'm doing a devil's advocate here. What if it all goes pear shaped? What are you going to do then? Tell me that "I for one am sick of reading you laying into everyone because we're not doing enough - what do you want us all to do?"

I want us to be prepared and ready and taking the initiative.

And as for "We can't do the season ticket boycott until the Trust organise it, none of us are twiddling our thumbs but there is VERY little we can do right now beside protest",  that is bollocks.

You sit and twiddle, I will agitate.
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:40:35 »

I made a typo, dearie me. That makes my point irrelevent  Sad

You know what? I think that I'll sit here and pretend everything's ok and that I can't do anything if that's alright with you. At least until you tell me what exactly I am supposed to be doing because as far as I'm aware there's fuck all more that I can do about this situation.
TalkTalk

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:40:40 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
It was nice to have a day off from the protests.

Lovely. Great. So relaxing.

That's another opportunity lost. Sorry Sam.
TalkTalk

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:41:34 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
what happened with the flag?

Nobody was interested in doing it.
sonic youth

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:42:42 »

Don't blame everyone else cos you went off half-cocked, what was stopping you unveiling it yourself?
TalkTalk

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:44:21 »

At least until you tell me what exactly I am supposed to be doing because as far as I'm aware there's fuck all more that I can do about this situation.

We should have been behind the Arkell's protesting after the match yesterday.

We should have been surrounding the directors' and Mickey's cars after the match.

We should have put my banner up.

We should have bombarded Talksport on Friday night.

You've all gone fucking soft. I give up.
sonic youth

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:47:10 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

Our absence for one game will have precisely no effect in the long run.

We should have been surrounding the directors' and Mickey's cars after the match.

Which would achieve what? Make us look like a bunch of cunts when security have to drag people away?

It has nothing to do with the Consortium and in all fairness it was a shit idea in the first place, although that's my personal opinion. Once again nothing was stopping you.

Waste of time, why would Talksport give a fuck about STFC?

You do that.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:48:22 »

Calm down gents.

We're on the verge of promotion and it's looking like we at last have a decent manager in for the long run.

Can this polictical arguing just ease so we can enjoy our moment?

I, like everyone is worried about our future and this board but splitting the fans up won't help will it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:48:56 »

I understand where you are coming from TalkTalk. This could indeed be all bluff to take us to the summer break.

If the NDA is not signed in a reasonable time then the Trust can re-issue the statement from a week or so ago. A total boycott of season tickets, merchandise, etc, etc. We still have time to do this just about.

A problem arises when the NDA is signed. In my opinion we should back off to allow the due process take place. If the consortium is being strung along then how will we know to up the ante?

My opinion is once the NDA is signed we are entering into the end game. If they are serious all well and good. If they are playing games is there anywhere else for the consortium to go after that? I genuinely don't know.
TalkTalk

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:53:14 »

You do that.

I will indeed.

You haven't a fucking clue. When you win a campaign then get in touch.

I wish you the best with getting on the Trust Board as I'm withdrawing my re-election.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 19:53:15 »

At least until you tell me what exactly I am supposed to be doing because as far as I'm aware there's fuck all more that I can do about this situation.

Protest all you like but what is really needed is a firm offer from Bill Power. That is something The Board WILL take notice of. I assume both sides have now signed the NDA, I also assume that the next stage is 'Due Dilligence'. Once that has been cmpleted BP will then make an offer and the Board will snap his hand off won't they?

There's not that much the fans can do right now at this moment in time is there??? Not that will really make a difference that is.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :shock:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: