Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: overrated players  (Read 2582 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 23:09:54 »

erm...you're right on both accounts  Oops

maybe i'm just making excuses because i want to be optimistic
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 23:10:37 »

fucking hell i've never done that before  :shock:
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 23:11:04 »

probably that pre match carling it certainly didn't taste right
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 07:29:26 »

O'Hanlon was awful......Reeves is the way forward...

Thorpe & Cureton didnt look much kop, but for 75 minutes we were exactly playing to their strengths HOOF!!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 08:24:42 »

am i the only one who wasn't impressed with gareth whalley either? every time he got the ball (which wasnt often as it was always flying over his head!) he gave it away. kept dwelling on the ball too long & getting tackled.

to be fair our whole team looked a yard off the pace compared to oldham. is this the result of a shit pre-season against mediocre opposition?

the biggest disappointment was that it took king nearly 80 minutes to realise we were 3-0 down & he had 2 wingers on the bench! they should have been on soooo much earlier! both added a new dimention to the team, we stopped hoofing it & started getting it wide. i'm looking forward to seeing what team we put out agianst forest. hopefully fallon, roberts (best player last night), shakes & nicolau will all start.

on a plus side i thought jack smith played well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 08:31:26 »

Le God, I agree for someone who was worth £625k a couple of seasons ago he's started poorly.  Under no pressure he passed directly to Oldham on 4 seperate occasions.

When are the players/management gonna learn that passing from the back is the way forward, hoofball doesn't work.  Ifil and Collins especially constantly knocking the ball down the channels is giving possession away.  When Reeves came on and passed it we looked a much better side.

Keep it on the fucking deck lads and we'll be alright!!  Don't panic!!!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 08:49:37 »

I love you Dave

FACT!

/
W56196272
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 10:41:58 »

Let's look at the bright side!  Once O'Hanlon, Nicholas and Pook( ? ) came off we looked a transformed team.  We played some superbly neat stuff and looked better than Oldham had all game.  Thorpe's finish was inch perfect, and Nicholau with both assists looked a real threat.

Evans does look poor and think should have had a better effort at both the corner and freekick.  The goal from the corner was a touch embarrassing with it sliding underneath him, although by all accounts the player should have been marked.

I've been very impressed with Cureton and Thorpe so far, but like some have said, don't seem to compliment each other.  With Fallon back on Saturday that should change things, but as King says we still need to be up for the second balls.  The result is a touch poor, but the performance at the end demonstrated we have a team to go places.  If only we could fucking strengthen, and get in - as DV85 said last night - 2 central defenders, a defensive holding midfield player and if possible, a backup goalkeeper to push, and challenge Rhys' place.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 11:04:45 »

We played some superbly neat stuff and looked better than Oldham had all game.

But by the time we started to play oldham were three nil up and coasting,we had nothing to lose and went for it.I agree  that we should'nt get too down hearted just yet,but the start to the season we've had has been a bit predictable[i.e conceding goals] ,i still think we can score but the defence seems to make mistakes that always cost  us, just like last season.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: