Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v wobblers match day thread  (Read 50200 times)
woolster

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:05:01 »

would be interesting to see the stats at this point in time compared to the other Williams relegation season (Reg)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:07:07 »

I might be in the minority but I agree with Hylton. This team is utter shite, unfit and couldn't score in a brothel and so our reserve striker scores 4 in a reserves game and yet can't get on the bench. Why does Obika deserve to start? He's always getting injured and Goddard is a fucking pussy.

I really really hate this team, I can't wait for this season to end.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:13:37 »

That really should have been 7 or 8-1, far too close. Richards penalty miss, his two missed one on ones, Smith putting it wide, Anderson off the inside of the post, Boateng missing the follow up. That was not a 2-1 game, and better teams will punish us.

Quick word for Swindon, they didn't look up to much really, lots of nice football as usual but little to no cutting edge. Brophy looks a player.

From a Cobblers fan. When Brophy is the shining light it's time to give up!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:30:48 »

Rovers though Paul, hence Roy of the Rovers  Wink
'kin 'ell, I'm not fucking bright, am I? Jeez!
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:36:57 »

So, the depression continues...

Not sure if anyone has their hair cut at Guys on Groundwell road, but that place is a font of knowledge when it comes to finding out what our magical squad of players are really like. I had my barnet scrubbed up on Monday. According to the broken english bloke who did the cutting, most of our players think we're already down.

According to him, none of them give a flying fuck, but especially the ones who are on loan. Most of them are driving £30k+ cars and have money coming out of their ears, and when they're training with PL stars and coaches at their parent clubs they see no reason to respect our coaches.

Few of them live here either, so they don't meet fans when they are out and about. Think opne or two may suffer an Aiden Flint moment on a saturday night if they did!

Most of the squad have their hair sorted there, so it's obvious theyd know who is who. Kicking myself for not mentioning it before.

The only chance we have now is to boot Williams before Saturday and give the job to someone like Alan Mac until the end of the season. We'd be right back into Paul Hart territory and as we know there are never any guarantees, but at least it would give us a fighting chance and get everyone fired up during the remaining games.

Power dragged his feet and played Mr Stubborn over the Advertiser, and he's doing the same with Williams. He's pig headed. He wants him gone, but will not pay him off. He also wants the physio / fittness coach out, but wont pay him. It's a game of who blinks first, but the stakes are big. Cannot see Williams walking away or Power paying him, so more of the same Im afraid.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 23:39:08 »

Keep? How about start?
Having had chance to reflect on this, I don't think I've been very fair to Williams here. I think he has been doing the job he was brought in to do. But the problem is that that job is not to manage the team, it's to develop individual players so that they can be sold on or return to parent clubs improved/developed thereby proving the worth of the "model". What we're seeing here is the difference between a coach and a manager. Williams is a coach, we need a manager, but Power's experiment benefits more from a development coach and he's gambled that WIlliams can be enough of a manager to enable us to get away with it. And the gamble's failed, badly. Taking Williams and our League 1 status with it
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:02:31 »

Some of our fans either don't go to watch games,are blind or just fucking clueless about what players are in the team for. Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh
Oh go on then, I'll bite....
- Many of those in the starting 11 and on the bench have been performing badly all season
- No one seems to be scoring any goals
- Many seem not to be trying
- Several don't seem to be capable league footballers
- The coach/manager doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players nor put right the problem

The point I was trying to make against that backdrop was that in the last few games, when Hyton came off the bench, his pace seemed to cause teams some problems. (Where as nothing else has) However, his end product has remained poor and he still hasnt scored this year.

I don't think he is anything more than a non-league player. But, in an away game where you need to win or probably need to score, I think you would want whatever attacking options you have available to you either in the team or on the bench. Especially an option that may be more confident having just scored 4 in a meaningless game against second rate reserve opposition - Something Obika, Norris and Ajose haven't done recently.

So, Williams thinks its best to go for Obika and Ajose to start with Norris covering for Obika if he breaks down. Well, that's fine, but how does that look to Hylton? Dropped on the day for two crocked strikers and a loanee? None of whom have been prolific this year. If that happened to me, I'd be annoyed.

Personally, I think the worse thing you can do to staff is to mislead them. You have to manage people's expectations. I would have told Hylton before he got on the bus that I fancied the others instead of him. I would have done it before the trip - not on the day! That way, if there has been an adverse reaction, I could have kept it away from the dressing room. All that doing on the day did was to invite toys being thrown out of the pram infront of the rest of the team.

So, no I don't think Hylton is good enough. But, I think everyone deserves to be treated with a bit of respect. I don't think it was respectful to Hylton that he wasn't on the bench to be tried as an impact sub.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:07:31 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:04:16 »

We've dropped a lot of points in parallel with dropping Rodgers...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:08:40 »

I don't think starting obika was wrong. proven partnership.

midfield, it's lost there
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:10:06 »

I don't think starting obika was wrong. proven partnership.

midfield, it's lost there

Just watched the goals; http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10768589/northampton-2-1-swindon

Jones scores OG, and loses marker for 2nd. Obviously big problem with midfield, but think it's lost all over the park. Defence, Midfield and Forwards not good enough. Only one who obviously is is the GK.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:16:23 »

Just reminiscing a few old terms "heart on the sleeve", "proud to wear the shirt".
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 06:20:26 »

Just watched the goals; http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10768589/northampton-2-1-swindon

Jones scores OG, and loses marker for 2nd. Obviously big problem with midfield, but think it's lost all over the park. Defence, Midfield and Forwards not good enough. Only one who obviously is is the GK.
Makes you wonder if Brophy can whip a ball across like that with his right foot, then why doesn't he use it every now and again!

Also, who is it that runs over to him?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 07:09:04 »

Love the hairdresser rumours from someone with toupee in their username. Got to be 100% legit
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 07:55:32 »

LW will not be removed from post unless/until the following criteria is meet:
Either he agrees to leave and it is purely his choice, meaning he walks away and isn't compensated.
Or, as is currently happening we are relegated and he is sacked without severance.

So, unless our fortunes turn round sharpish we are either relegated or were are stuck with this shameful excuse for football for the remainder of LW contract.  Suicide
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:23:13 »

LW will not be removed from post unless/until the following criteria is meet:
Either he agrees to leave and it is purely his choice, meaning he walks away and isn't compensated.
Or, as is currently happening we are relegated and he is sacked without severance.

So, unless our fortunes turn round sharpish we are either relegated or were are stuck with this shameful excuse for football for the remainder of LW contract.  Suicide

The logic doesn't work. Williams won't be on a great deal. 4 years x his salary (the pay off) has to be far, far less than it will cost Power in lost revenue for dropping to League 2, with no reasonable prospect of returning to League 1.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: